Thread: Recruit Syracusan hoplites as Epeiros

Default Recruit Syracusan hoplites as Epeiros

Second thread I post here today. In the ownership section of the Syrakosioi Hoplitai (hellenistic_infantry_syracuse_hoplite) in export_descr_unit, Epeiros is listed. Still, I can't seem to be able to recruit them in Syracuse. I've tried both the native and regional MICs. Also, they're not present in the Recruitment Viewer. Does anyone know why this is? How do I make them avaliable for Epeiros to recruit?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Recruit Syracusan hoplites as Epeiros

Didn't play them in some time, did you try lv4 gov+highest regional mic?
    The Recruitment Viewers database is not up-to-date.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Oh, crap. Now that you mention it, I might only have tried up to lvl 4 of the regional mic. I'll check tommorrow. Thanks!

Only KH can recruit them IIRC. So you need to change at least the EDB to make them recruitable for Epeirus.

Yes, you're right. I tried lvl 5 regional mic, and still no Syracuse Hoplites were avaliable. I managed to figure out what to edit in the export_descr_buildings to make it work though (am I awesome or what? ). Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Paltmull View Post
    Yes, you're right. I tried lvl 5 regional mic, and still no Syracuse Hoplites were avaliable. I managed to figure out what to edit in the export_descr_buildings to make it work though (am I awesome or what? ). Thanks for the help!
    how did you manage it? ive been trying to give the seleucids the syra hoplites for a while. i added ownership in the edu, tacked them on in the edb and gave them paths to models and textures in dmb. it's driving me nuts. i get a ctd at the first load screen. any help would be much appreciated. thanks.