Thread: Europa Barbarorum installer crash

Default Europa Barbarorum installer crash

I recently downloaded Europa Barbarorum but the installer of 1.1 messes with my computer. If I click the installer it crashes windows explorer. I thought the problem was with my computer because, after I downloaded EB, it was extremely slow and crashy. I did all I could to fix it without success. I decided to delete the EB 1.1 installer but I couldn't, it was impossible, it either crashed windows explorer or it gave me an error message that the software was being used somewhere else. Thankfully I found a nice piece of software called "Unlocker" which allows you remove any file you can't delete by normal means by just right clicking on the file and selecting the software (I had to right click EB 1.1 installer and wait at least 10 minutes to be able to do this). So, after all this mess, I managed to delete the installer and my computer became normal again. Can anyone explain this? How can just an installer cause so much trouble? I'm using windows 7 by the way.

EDIT: Maybe I wasn't clear enough but I looked all over the internet and haven't found a solution to this problem and I would really like to see if this is some issue with windows 7 because I would really like to play EB. (EB 1.2 installer works well though).
    Last edited by Junkietomato; 02-13-2011 at 23:21. Reason: clarification

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum installer crash

I have the exact same problem, down to the slowdowns and refusal to get deleted. It started last year and I'm still having big trouble with this installer.

Someone I know had the problem as well, and they had success by turning off all anti-viruses (like Microsoft Security Essentials). I haven't had the same luck.

Does anyone have a fix for this, or maybe a combined 1.1 + 1.2 installer they can provide?

I had the same problem as well, whenever I clicked on the 1.1 installer it would crash the computer, although the 1.2 installer would be fine.

I solved this by running the 1.1 installer in safe mode.

Biggest problem i have now is finding a place to down load this "EB" i hear of. The few torrent sites i tried are either gone, lost, and or gave me a virus(perhaps its just kaperskey's over reacting. But I've over played ME 2 and im back to Rome. Sadly i only play the games and how no idea how to make them even better. EB will be mine, though if anyone can give me a little more insight thatd be great too.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Try the EB site. If you still have problems with the download, go to the bug & tech help section of their forum. In the mean time, welcome to the .Org and to EB .
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

thanks ill give it a shot