Thread: Whats your opinion about the hand mortars?

Default Whats your opinion about the hand mortars?

I wanna know

Cos ive seen players use them to aid their passive-aggressive strategies. I use them myself a bit in large-ultra funds battles to harass and provoke the enemy into attacking my positions (im not a camper..... i cant dream of using the noobbox)

But do you use them, and dont you think their morters are slow to hit their target... i mean.... u cant even hit walking infantry (thats why i use them to attack massed troops)

Default Re: Whats your opinion about the hand mortars?

I've found that they're great for keeping your opponent's general out of the fight, particularly if they're a leadership general. Either they'll stay out of range, where they can't help buff their troops; or they'll run around all over the place and get distracted from the battle. Either way, they aren't using stand and fight, which is a huge blow to their troops (especially if their army is a loan sword spam or something, with low morale). The trick, I've found, is only to fire a single volley at the opponent's general at first, as most people don't realise how little ammunition they have. If your opponent assumes they have 10 ammunition, they'll be less likely to just risk it or try dodging. However, despite this I personally don't use them - I just think 2 katana cav or so are much better value.