Poll: Which faction do you play in Shogun 2 a lot?And which faction do you like the most?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Which faction do you play in Shogun 2 a lot?

Default Which faction do you play in Shogun 2 a lot?

Takeda,Oda,Hattori?

I just want to know.

Default Re: Which faction do you play in Shogun 2 a lot?

It's only 5-6 days since the release. I don't think many people had the time to play all of the clans multiple times.

Heaps Gooder Member aimlesswanderer's Avatar

I did some serious gaming on the weekend, but 30 hours only got me to 1570 or so with the Date. Be a long while before I can finish a few campaigns. Work just gets in the way!
    "All things are born from darkness, and all things return to darkness". Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

I've played the Date and Uesegi once each, more as a piss about than a serious game.

Takeda.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

I've warmed up to factions that start in the middle of the main island -- Tokugawa, Hojo, etc. By securing the center, and then setting up your bottlenecks, the late game is a lot more sensible. Whereas when I come from the outside as the Shimazu or Date, it all seems terribly bogged down when I hit the center. Just my experience.

I play Mori a lot. You just need to get a good start and after that my preferred borders before Realm Divide need 4 stacks at most to defend + decent navy. 2 of those stacks are in Kyushu and can be disbanded/moved as soon as rest of Kyushu is under your control and peaceful.

I should start a game soon where I restrict my expansion to east and instead deal with Chosokabe before they become that island powerhouse they've been in most of my Mori games (just the 5 provinces, but nearly impossible to capture due to huge castles and stacks + annoying navy).
    Homo Sapiens non Urinat in Ventum - the wise man does not piss against the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge_272 View Post
    I've played the Date and Uesegi once each, more as a piss about than a serious game.
    it is a serious game.

Funny that Uesugi wasn't included in the poll.

And after ~760 thead views at the time I'm posting this, apparently either no one has noticed or commented on it.

Not too popular I guess.

;)

true..

Quote Originally Posted by Takeda Shogunate View Post
    true..
    You would say that Takeda.
    This space intentionally left blank

K...

I like Tokugawa the most. Had a few false starts with them, but they are very challenging (H/H) and rewarding to play.

Crushed the Imagawa (bloody but fast), Hojo (hard!!) and Takeda (walkover really) in my current game, firmly allied with the Date and embroiled in a very bloody war with the very powerful Hattori.

Tip for those playing Tokugawa: just ignore Oda and retreat to you castle to conserve strenght, the Clan to the north will wipe out Oda for you the next turn 9/10 :)
    Means you can take out Imagawa within the first year.

Each faction have their own strength, but for me the Date is my favorite. I like their super no daichi unit which is a very good infantry unit, one of the most ferocious unit in the game, together with the Date clan"s special charge bonus they are a very dangerous and a real threat to all the opponents. It is however quite hard to play as a date when around mid game to late game you must face a fierce battle usually with the takeda who by then would be very strong. Also you may face some trade issue, its a challenging faction (not that much as oda) but I really enjoy playing them.