Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bug list?

Default Re: Bug list?

Sorry Ishmael, I thought that after 45 minutes, you weren't going to post in this thread, so I merged in your original thread within an minute or so of you copying it yourself.
    This space intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    Sorry Ishmael, I thought that after 45 minutes, you weren't going to post in this thread, so I merged in your original thread within an minute or so of you copying it yourself.
    No worries - it's amazing how often that sort of quirk of timing occurs online

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

There's a problem with the Raw Silk Trade Node. There's a map glitch which causes your entire fleet to block and unable to move unless you scupper it completely.

It occurs on the right side of the trade node, and happens if you move the fleet with the End Turn, the fleet advances from the northern part of Japan and in the straights, ending up right in the choke point of the map glitch.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

I received an odd "New Character Trait" message in my current game. It told me that one of my characters had gained a new trait, but the trait was called "PLACEHOLDER." I was unable to determine which of my characters had supposedly gained the trait.

Today I lost the ability to scroll the map. I've tried changing the settings in every way I can imagine. Won't work with either mouse or WASD. I can move the view around by clicking on the mini-map. Haven't tried a battle yet... gulp. There's no mini-map in legendary.

Edit: Can still scroll as usual in battles.

Edit: Solved by starting a new campaign...
    Last edited by Dead Guy; 05-02-2011 at 19:35.

BLEEEE! Senior Member Daveybaby's Avatar

Agents recruited in provinces providing XP bonuses dont gain the retinues that they would have got if the XP had been earned normally. Assuming this is a bug since they get the skill points...

Senior Member Senior Member Forward Observer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daveybaby View Post
    Agents recruited in provinces providing XP bonuses dont gain the retinues that they would have got if the XP had been earned normally. Assuming this is a bug since they get the skill points...
    I noticed this early on, but also wasn't sure if it was a bug or not--good idea to list it though.

Correction:

In my current campaign, I noticed that in provinces where I had higher level specialty buildings allowing me to recruit a level 2 or 3 agent, I also got a retainer selection. In other words--if I was getting to add 4 skill points at recruitment, I also got to add a single retainer. I had this ability for both a monk and a Ninja. This makes me think that not having a retainer choice for recruitment at only one XP step above entry level may not be a bug.

Cheers
    Last edited by Forward Observer; 05-14-2011 at 23:59. Reason: Addition
    Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

1) Replay randomness

I had fought a particularly epic battle against two full enemy stacks, which I eventually won quite comfortably, and thought I'd try out the replays as I'd never looked at one (and quite wanted to show a mate the game).

I started the replay and the first half of the battle, against the first stack looked perfectly familiar, but as soon as the second stack came on to the field, the replay completely diverged from what actually happened. Instead of routing and destroying the enemy reinforcements, I watched as my army was torn to pieces... So the replay showed me losing a battle I'd actually won...

2) Save/load bug?!

Also, and I hesitate to even ask this as I've only seen one instance that made me suspect, and haven't yet tried to reproduce it, but could we be seeing a reappearance of Rome's save/load bug?

For people that didn't play Rome, this was a bug where, to save space on save-games, the AI-states weren't saved, instead, on any re-load, all the AI objectives would be recalculated. What this meant was that, if you were under siege, saved the game and re-loaded, any AI armies laying siege would break off and usually wonder away; and any AI armies on their way to attack would change their minds and retreat. It made the AI completely passive, it just couldn't take provinces off you or other AIs.

Now clearly this isn't true of Shogun, as the AIs eat each other pretty quick, however, I did notice one occasion where two and a half full stacks suddenly appeared, attacked a castle and took it easily. I reloaded (my Daimyo was in that city, and I was going to retreat him whilst accepting the loss of the rest of the army & province....), and the attacking armies just stayed on the border for the next 5 or 6 turns, even after I'd left that province unprotected.

Has Anyone noticed weird/passive/indecisive AI behaviour after a re-load? If Shogun is using the same rationale as Rome - ie, recalculating AI objectives fresh every time the player reloads the game, this thing could be happening, even if its not as game-breaking as the Rome version...

Member Member Shigemasa Oyamada's Avatar

Something rather minor but annoying that I noticed is sometimes during siege defenses (I've only seen this in campaigns) enemy units will somehow get stuck in the risen earth at the base of walls, and cannot be killed. Particularly annoying during after battle routs when I can't kill the last guy ( have to quit battle)
    It is possible to be too much smarter than your opponent. If you give credit for more subtlety than he has, he can achieve tactical surprise by doing the obvious.

Trade Route Tooltip - Icon Omissions

In the tooltip which displays on mousing over trade routes (dashed lines) on the campaign map, the resource column never displays more than one resource icon. This is despite the presence of more than one import commodity as well as the correct calculation for the actual value of the route after a merge point based on all imports.

Example: I'm importing silk via a trade node. Later on that same path, I pick up cotton. The total value reflects this, but only cotton or silk shows up in the imports column. Again later I pick up warhorses. Correct total value for all three imports is displayed, but now the imports column only shows warhorses.

This is the same for both player and AI trade routes alone or in combination. It makes it very difficult (if not impossible) to analyze an enemy's trade network and attack it with any specific purpose. Likewise, it makes protecting your own supplies a logistical puzzle requiring all sorts of back-tracing routes and guesswork. I might know I'm importing iron and know where it's coming from, but if it shares that route with another resource I might have no idea where it actually ends up (until that port gets sacked)..

Do others see this as well? Hopefully it's just a simple UI bug.

edit: Hi all, first post
    Last edited by Kurisu; 05-30-2011 at 03:01.

Other people reporting the MASSIVE INCOME bug too:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=451637

@edyzmedieval
    "There's a problem with the Raw Silk Trade Node. There's a map glitch which causes your entire fleet to block and unable to move unless you scupper it completely."
    I have had the same thing happen with two other nodes. It happens when you have had a trading fleet on a node for a while. I had to scupper and replace the fleets. I remember something similar with ETW before the first patch.

1. Trade agreement finishes when number of trade routes declines, for instance if a region with a habour is lost to an enemy; even if the region is retaken right in the next round; the former tradng partner still has enough trade routes

2. Even if a long-hold region was lost and reconquered right in the next round, one faces the same amount of "resistence to invaders(?)" as when captured the first time

3. Does one always get the 'territorial expansion' punishment in diplomatic relations, even if a region switches sides several times? (Meaning that there is no real expansion) I had the impression so far...

4. Even if the smallest castle has only Samurai retrainers and one attacks and autoresolves, the castle will burn.
    Only option to avoid this is to fight, but its kind of pointless to fight just Samurai retrainers

5. Concerning vassals:
    - I think one should get trading rights and military access instantly if one chooses the 'make vassel' option if a region is captured

- Spawning Vassals may start with 'historical grievances' in diplomacy, making the vassel attack its master very soon, while I think vassels shall not attack their master at all if not attacked or abandoned by him...
    Last edited by Liberator; 06-24-2011 at 12:50. Reason: add some comments
    Better dead than a Coward - Gurkha motto

Heaps Gooder Member aimlesswanderer's Avatar

Noticed something very annoying, when defending a level 4 castle as the Ikko, with a 17 unit stack, and the 3 spawned defense units that are chosen are ashigarus, instead of the warrior monks (level 3 temple). I think this is especially problematic for the Ikko, since I've got temples all over the place.

I deliberately had a nearly full stack so that I could take advantage of the 3 free warrior monk garrison, but which units turn up in the battle? Cruddy ashigaru! I paid good money out of my limited budget for that big temple, and either the best units in descending order should be spawned, or you should be given a choice of what you want. At times an extra archer would be more useful than warrior monks.
    "All things are born from darkness, and all things return to darkness". Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

Oh, and one of my vassals declared war on another of my vassals, surely this shouldn't be allowed to happen? Shouldn't your vassals effectively be allied to each other, with military access and trade if possible?
    "All things are born from darkness, and all things return to darkness". Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

Not sure if this is a bug really, but I find it really odd at least. In the province Hida, there is a sawmill as special resource. It gives -30% to the cost of recruiting ships. However, Hida is an inland province?

click to see large picture
    Last edited by Tixan; 11-14-2011 at 01:49.

Hello Tixan. It is not a bug, indeed. Hida is merely the only inland province with a Sawmill -- thus the developers had the option to either create two separate tool-tips concerning the perks provided by the Sawmill chain, one type for Hida and the other for all other provinces, or to leave it as it was. Doing nothing is always faster; one can't really begrudge it to them, as it is so very minor.

I belive its not really a tooltip thing Nowake, thus I belive your two options are not the only options. Why would they make different tooltips as a solution? I would have put special resources that gives bonuses to sea, to provinces with a sea instead.

Odd game glitches that freezes the screen before a matchmade battle with it saying "A player has an invalid army setup."as seen here... oh wait 1st post you kidding me? here I'll just edit into the post after I post it.
    -edit-1440x900 screenshot
    [screenshot removed]

-continue before the edit-Not to mention how buggy everything is in general. Crashing while in a battle, just after one, right as one starts, when I end my turn and when it's AIs turn it crashes (significantly worse in MP campaign.)
    Last edited by Gregoshi; 01-05-2012 at 22:40. Reason: Removed profanity

Default Re: Problem with choosing a side in custom battles

hey, throught the veteran system, i gave my heavy gunners the fire by rank ability. on the unit information panel with all the statistics and stuff, it says i have it, but there hasn't been a battle where i saw the button to use that. this really annoys me, because i don't play match made all that often, and it cost me 10 clan tokens.
    the autumn leaves fall;
    floating on the coldest wind;
    with them my spirit.

self made death poem

Default Crash after Large battles

I posted my original in the entrance hall post. (Wrong place methinks) Forgive the repost but I think it makes more sense to add it onto this thread. Cheers

Hello everyone, I've been an admirer of this Forum for sometime but only recently joined. I have been a fan of the total war series for a long time. I have had very few problems until I recently bought Shogun 2. The game looks great, love the graphics, love the idea (would be amazing if they made Rome 2 in this manner).

The problem is a weird crash that I seem to get after a large battle. During the battle, the game runs no problem, fast etc. The problem is after the battle (usually when I get the 'Heroic victory' tab up) I click end battle and the screen locks on its way back to the campaign screen. The sound carries on and the game thinks it has gone to the campaign map but it is stuck on the loading screen. Eg, i can press escape and hear the tab come up but cant see it because of the loading screen. I have tried to press Cntrl S to save the victory and tried to somehow click save from the escape menu that I cant see. To no avail. I have to exit the game using alt F4 and it reloads to just before the battle. This is a regular ctd and I cant seem to find a way to counter it.

For your information here is my Computer spec:

Dell XPS XPS720
    5.3 (WEI rating)
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
    4 GB RAM
    32- Bit Operating System (Vista)
    NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX

Here are some ways Ive tried to counter it

1: Before every Start I verify the integrity of Game Cashe Via Steam. (Usually finds 10 or 5 files that it then downloads)
    2: Disable Anti virus and firewall + internet connection when the game has started
    3: Set priority of Shogun to 'High' using the Task Manager + stopping any process that is not necessary to the computer functioning.
    4: Turning the Game Graphics to Low even thou it 'auto detects' at High
    5: Tearing my hear out, doing some starjumps, and treating my Girlfriend better in a Karma Attempt.

Unfortunately, none of these steps have worked and i'm losing patience with it (which is a damn shame). I've probably posted this in the wrong place as i'm a bit of a newb to forums. If anyone can help me Id appreciate it a lot. Has anyone encountered the same thing?

Thanks in Advance, Please help if you can

Dan

Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

Default Re: Crash after Large battles

I had a pretty amusing glitch. When my army attacked another army, both armies looked the other way, and started slashing the air with their swords. Nothing else happened, but it looked ridiculous.

Another glitch was when it was the AI's turn. One of their garrisons left the castle, then went back in, then went out again. This continued to happen for about 1 minute. So I thought, "Maybe the general is indecisive. Or he's playing the Hokey Pokey."

I fixed it by turning Show AI Moves to Off.
    Last edited by spankythehippo; 01-16-2012 at 08:39.

Had a very strange occurrence during my Mori campaign. I was defending Settsu castle (west of Kyoto with research bonus), a stronghold (have an outer bailey), and, when the battle started I had 2 very odd gaps in my outer walls, at the opposite ends of the castle. Possibly where the towers should have been.

However, the mysterious gaps acted as an escalator for the enemy, and, as you can see, they made their way up without trouble.

This just caused them to bunch up conveniently and they got massacred.

However, not long after the second shot was taken, with half the enemy dead or running off, and the remaining enemy (all archers) still standing around outside the castle, and with 90% of my troops still alive, I somehow lost the battle... I had a unit standing on the flag spot near the keep too.

Wanderer..Now that is rough!!! :-(..

I had an interesting bug situation yesterday in starting an Oda Campaign. I conquered the Tokogawa but instead of wiping them out made them Vassals..
    My diplomatic relations instead of getting better looked terrible with -187 for past grievances and nothing listed for Vassal or military alliance..
    However when I visit them in diplomacy I get the "welcome noble friend" line instead of the expected "My sword is ready to take your head" that I should get from a -200 odd diplomatic relations..

and the in game is acting as expected from a vassal with ready agreement for trade, military access as a given etc etc..Interesting..

I have figured out why I lost the first battle when the castle had 2 escalators.

I let the Imagawa levitate up and they were hanging around the flag spot for the tower/escalator. They were just standing there, so I let them get shot up by my gunners. I didn't notice that the "you're about to lose" counter was activated...

So in the second battle, as soon as most of them were up I charged them, and managed to get enough of my men into the circle for the timer to stop. They lost very badly.

I only noticed this after the patch, but it could be something else, as nobody else is reporting it. I don't have FotS installed.

Mr. Takeda has a big head. And I don't mean that metaphorically.

Only a quarter or less of it is fitting in the unit portrait.

Is it just me or the game performance has slowed down considerably after this patch?

I've had a few campaign battles, with starting armies, draw to a considerable crawl and even had considerable delays in the campaign map, something that had never happened. I already reduced quality to High, but it still performs far worse than before the patch in very high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcisista View Post
    Is it just me or the game performance has slowed down considerably after this patch?

I've had a few campaign battles, with starting armies, draw to a considerable crawl and even had considerable delays in the campaign map, something that had never happened. I already reduced quality to High, but it still performs far worse than before the patch in very high quality.
    Quite the opposite for me. I used to only barely be able to run it on ultra settings, now it runs smooth as cake, even when there is like mother of smoke from FotS battles.

-E- That bug with the huge head of Takeda Shingen everyone seems to have.

I've just noticed this, but the Resolute officials clan bonus for the Hiraizumi Fujiwara doesn't seem to work. Haven't found it in the tax income field for the province overviews or in the the economic overview.

On the other hand I found a 1200 other profit which was atributed to the Clan Estate. Has anyone else noticed this?

The Takeda head bug is also present as Tokugawa and it's actually Tokugawa's daimyo's head on Takeda's daimyo.

I suggest a seperate thread for bugs linked to the patch? As there are many, many of them both confirmed and suggested that might require input from many sources.

haha lolx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast