Is it just me or is the whole concept of the Avatar Conquest system sucking the fun out of MP (well not to mention the crashes/bugs)? All I want to do at the moment is play some games with different units, different amounts of money, and play around to get a feel for everything. I don't want to waste time unlocking units, moving around a map and upgrading my general, it's just not my thing at all. I have a limited amount of time to play games at the moment and just want to jump in and get going. With this system there are never any games at all on the battle list and after several attempts noone is joining a hosted game. 1v1 MM is working OK but it's so limited and all units are locked I can't be bothered to put in hours learning the conquest system. I just want to play!!!

So I am alone or does anyone else miss the simple but effective approach to MP of old? By all means have this new system in there, but why not cater for everyone and allow people to just play for FUN as well if they choose to instead of forcing everyone to do this retarded conquest system?