Thread: Avatar Conquest/Unlock/Progression system - thoughts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Avatar Conquest/Unlock/Progression system - thoughts?

Is it just me or is the whole concept of the Avatar Conquest system sucking the fun out of MP (well not to mention the crashes/bugs)? All I want to do at the moment is play some games with different units, different amounts of money, and play around to get a feel for everything. I don't want to waste time unlocking units, moving around a map and upgrading my general, it's just not my thing at all. I have a limited amount of time to play games at the moment and just want to jump in and get going. With this system there are never any games at all on the battle list and after several attempts noone is joining a hosted game. 1v1 MM is working OK but it's so limited and all units are locked I can't be bothered to put in hours learning the conquest system. I just want to play!!!

So I am alone or does anyone else miss the simple but effective approach to MP of old? By all means have this new system in there, but why not cater for everyone and allow people to just play for FUN as well if they choose to instead of forcing everyone to do this retarded conquest system?

Default Re: Avatar Conquest/Unlock/Progression system - thoughts?

You have classic mode in custom games, just everyone is hooked on the avatar system and the fact it's linked to the ladder and classic mode has no ladder.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

i adore it. i like unlocking things and working towards goals.

Tbh I was pretty irritated earlier when posting after so many crashes and inability to get a good game, have played a few 1v1 MM now though and enjoyed them so I guess it's a start. Hopefully the conquest mode will grow on me. Just hope the crashes/bugs get sorted soon and activity picks up.

BTW is 5000 koku the only way to play 1v1 MM or is it possible to play higher amounts? Can't find an option anywhere but thought I might be missing something as it means you have to field half-full armies?

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

10000 too ive played a few recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    10000 too ive played a few recently.
    Hmm I've played about 15 matches so far and all 5k. Anyone else had many 10k matches? Any idea how it is decided/set?

I'm actually getting into Avatar Conquest a bit more now, guess my poor old brain just didn't like the change initially :P. 10k would definitely suit me better though 5k does seem a bit small.

I would rather play classic battles, but that doesn't seem to be an option at the moment. I'm not sure how these upgrades and stuff effect balance.

I've only managed three games, but after my first I got a skill point and made my avatar an archer. In the subsequent two battles, I used him to essentially dictate the terms of engagement by harrying the enemy into committing forces piecemeal chasing after him until they got frustrated and threw all of them in. I was quite pleased with the outcomes, but it got me thinking... if I had that ability and they did not, is that really fair? For example, as a level 1 with only 1 skill point spent, am I at a significant material disadvantage to someone who has an uber avatar with, say, 10 skill points spent? Do generals become more expensive as they gain skills?

I'm sure all of this has been thought out and works well, I just haven't had enough time to read up on it.
    Last edited by PanzerJaeger; 03-23-2011 at 04:36.