Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: [Council of Villains] Mewtwo's Retribution [Concluded]

Default Re: [Council of Villains] Mewtwo's Retribution [Sign-Ups]

FOS: Yaropolk he was third on the Yaropolk bandwagon!

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Renata, she seems eager.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

I concur.
    Vote: Renata
    I WANNA SEE HER POKEMANS.
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

I approve. I'm working on the theory that if I actively try to lose, maybe I'll win.

Blog Entries

Nooo Renata, if you die, who will protect me from being mind broken by ATPG?!

Blog Entries

Oh...anyways. Vote: Renata

Happy April Fool's! :isevilcockroach:

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

D'aww. I like you too, Seon.

Blog Entries

Thanks. You better be the champ and beat Yaropolk though!

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Vote: Yaseikhaan

I will always be your Rival, and I will always win! I challenge you, Yashsei Khetchaam!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!! This will be like Jolt's game all over again! I'll never let go! I'll never yield! ONE OF US WILL BE DEFEATED!!! BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

vote: autolycus
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Vote: Renata

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    FOS: Askthepizzaguy
    FOS: autolycus
    FOS: B Ray
    FOS: Chimpyang
    FOS: Death is yonder
    FOS: Double A
    FOS: Jolt
    FOS: Rebel Jeb
    FOS: Renata
    FOS: robbiecon
    FOS: Saregona
    FOS: Secura
    FOS: Seon
    FOS: Thefluffyone93
    FOS: Yaropolk
    FOS: Yaseikhaan
    FOS: Zack

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mwahaha! While you FOOLS are bickering, I had been secretly taking control of your Pokemon! None of you can stop me now. ALL of your Pokemon are now under my control. That's right Yellow, even PIKACHU. Nothing can stop me now, you shall all surrender to my will or be utterly destroyed!

I know what your weakness is Mewtwo!
    BEHOLD!

"They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

Hello

I will for vote Vote: Askthepizzaman

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Renata is willing, so we need to put her up against an unwilling contestant.

Vote: Yaseikhaan
    BLARGH!

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thefluffyone93 View Post
    I know what your weakness is Mewtwo!
    BEHOLD!

Blog Entries

Anyway, I think I'm going to vote: ATPG.

Desynchronized Member robbiecon's Avatar

Vote: Double A, let's see his Mewtwo in action :p

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

BAH.

1. Magikarp
    2. Magikarp
    3. Magikarp

Prepare to get wet!
    Vote: Chimpyang

Most fishy indeed
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Tally:

Renata: 5 (Renata, Yaseikhaan, Thefluffyone93, Seon, Zack)
    Yaropolk: 3 (autolycus, B_Ray, Yaropolk)

Yaseikhaan: 2 (Askthepizzaguy, Jolt)
    Chimpyang: 2 (Chimpyang, Death is yonder)
    Askthepizzaguy: 2 (Saregona, Double A)

autolycus: 1 (Secura)
    Double A: 1 (robbiecon)

NOT VOTING: Rebel Jeb

--------------------------------------

Round over. The duel will be between Renata and Yaropolk. Starting the write-up now.
    Last edited by Chaotix; 04-02-2011 at 19:11.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

I choose you Pikachu!

[Awesome picture, but you need to host it yourself - GH]
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 04-02-2011 at 19:49.

I take it that, at this point, the trainers no longer have any input over how the battle goes?

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post
    I take it that, at this point, the trainers no longer have any input over how the battle goes?
    That is correct. You can choose the order that they battle in up until the end of the phase, and once the phase ends I implement that chosen order in the battle.

I apologize that the write-up is taking so long; I am trying to make it exciting and I have to get back into the rhythm of doing them every day.

No sweat, Chaotix, and thanks for the answer! I'll take quality over quantity... er, punctuality, any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaropolk View Post
    I choose you Pikachu!

[Awesome picture, but you need to host it yourself - GH]
    BLARGH!

Day 1

The seventeen trainers all cast their votes to determine which two of them would battle first. They submitted their votes into the same electronic machines that had received their other three Pokemon earlier that day. When everybody was finished, the booming loudspeaker-voice was heard again.

“Greetings, trainers. The votes have been tallied, and the match for today will be between Gold, the Johto Champion, and Cynthia, the former Sinnoh Champion! Gold, please proceed to the red corner, and Cynthia to the blue corner.”

VS

Once the two trainers were in their places, the announcer spoke again.

“Make your preparations for the battle now.”

Gold was eager to begin.

“I’m ready now! I hope you’re prepared to lose!”

Cynthia remained cool and reserved as usual.

“Well, at least you’re enthusiastic. That should make this battle interesting, if nothing else.”

“Let the battle begin!”

“Go, Scizor!”

“Lucario, take care of this!”

VS

The two Pokemon stood in a fierce standoff for a few seconds. Both had strong defensive qualities due to their Steel-type, so this was sure to be a long, protracted battle full of brutal blows.

“Use X-Scissor!”

Scizor suddenly charged forward at blinding speed, and before Lucario could react, it slashed the other Pokemon with its scissor-shaped claws. Lucario was hit hard and thrown backward, but it landed solidly on its feet, without showing any signs of wear.

“Lucario, hit it with Force Palm.”

“Scizor, block it!”

An aura of energy surrounded Lucario’s fists, and it began thrusting them forcefully at Scizor. But Scizor, directed by its trainer, was blocking the strikes wherever they came. The attacks were still doing damage, though- it was clear Scizor could not keep this up for long.

“No, Scizor. Use your claws!”

Now Scizor caught Gold’s idea. The next time Lucario thrust its fist, Scizor clamped down on it hard with its pincer-claw. Too late to react, Lucario thrust with its other fist, and that was caught in Scizor’s other claw. Lucario winced with pain as the Bug-type continued to crush its paws.

“Now throw it Scizor!”

Scizor did as told, and swung Lucario off its feet, proceeding to toss it over its shoulder. Lucario made a rolling landing and quickly got back to its feet.

“Hang in there, Lucario!”

“Scizor, use Metal Claw!”

“Fight back with Force Palm!”

Scizor’s claws and Lucario’s fists rapidly clashed back and forth. Neither was able to score a direct hit. Soon, Scizor found an opening and grabbed Lucario’s fist again.

“Lucario, use Low Kick now!”

While its fist was caught, Lucario swept low with its leg, knocking Scizor off-balance.

“Force Palm now!”

In the split second when both of Scizor’s feet were off the ground and it was about to fall forward, Lucario smashed it in the face with its free hand. Scizor was sent flying and landed hard on its back.

“Scizor, you gotta get up! Use Agility!”

Scizor began zipping towards Lucario again with incredible speed.

“Now use Iron Head!”

Scizor angled itself sideways and shot forward with its wings, both feet off the ground.

“Lucario, Counter!”

Lucario grabbed Scizor as it approached, moved out of the way, and threw it straight back into the ground. Scizor was dazed and slow in getting to its feet.

“Finish it off with Aura Sphere.”

Lucario held both its hands together, spaced slightly apart. In the gap between, a ball of glowing blue energy formed, growing larger and larger. Scizor was still struggling to its feet when suddenly Lucario launched the ball. The Aura Sphere struck Scizor straight in the chest, and the force of the blast shook up a dust cloud. When the dust cleared, Scizor was on the ground, unconscious.

“Scizor is unable to battle. Lucario is the winner!”

“Aww… return, Scizor.”

After a brief thought Gold had decided on his next Pokemon.

“Go, Mamoswine!”

VS

The giant, lumbering Pokemon roared as it was released from its ball. It began getting ready to charge with its deadly tusks. Lucario was not intimidated, however, and struck a fighting pose.

“Don’t give it a chance, Lucario! Aura Sphere!”

Lucario began charging up another Aura Sphere. Mamoswine was powerful, but not fast enough to hit the smaller Lucario before it released its attack. Gold was thinking on his feet. As soon as Lucario shot the Aura Sphere, Gold shouted.

“Mamoswine! Use Blizzard to send it back!”

Rearing back, Mamoswine blew a chilling wind with all of its might. The force of the air blast was enough to slow the Aura Sphere to a stop, and send it hurtling back towards Lucario, whom it struck with tremendous force. Lucario was knocked to its feet.

“Lucario, get in close and use Force Palm!”

Lucario got up and began charging towards Mamoswine, with its fist reared back.

“Stop it in its tracks! Earthquake!”

Mamoswine slammed a heavy foot on the ground with such force that it began to shake. Lucario was thrown off-balance for a split second, and during that time a thin fissure shot straight from Mamoswine’s foot to Lucario. When it reached the Pokemon, a spike of earth shot up from the ground, striking Lucario and sending it into the air.

“Now, use Giga Impact!”

The mammoth Pokemon charged forward, building up incredible momentum. As Lucario was falling back to the ground, Mamoswine struck it with all of its might. Lucario was sent careening straight into the wall behind Cynthia, hitting it hard. Lucario dropped to the floor, unconscious.

“No! Lucario!”

“Lucario is unable to battle. Mamoswine is the winner!”

Cynthia lost her composure, but it was only for a split second and barely noticeable. She returned Lucario without a word and made her next choice.

“Let’s see if you can handle… Garchomp!”

VS

The Dragon-type Garchomp was known for its ferocity, but under the control of an experience trainer, it was even more deadly. This Garchomp burned with cold rage as it stared at Mamoswine, not unlike Cynthia herself when she was angry.

“Hit it with a Dragon Claw attack!”

“No problem. Counter it with Ice Shard, Mamoswine!”

Garchomp tried to strike at Mamoswine with its razor-sharp claws, but in a moment of unlikely speed, Mamoswine coated its tusks in ice and rammed the dragon, dealing a super-effective blow. Garchomp was knocked back by the force of the attack.

“This is a mismatch, Cynthia. Your Garchomp won’t stand a chance against Mamoswine’s icy attacks! You should’ve known that! Mamoswine, use Blizzard!”

At close range, Mamoswine whipped up a devastating blizzard. The vortex of snow and ice enveloped the entire battlefield, obscuring both Pokemon from the view of their trainers.

“Garchomp! No!”

When the snowstorm cleared, Mamoswine stood triumphantly over a Garchomp that was nearly frozen solid.

“Garchomp is unable to battle. Mamoswine is the winner.”

Cynthia’s eyes burned with cold rage and determination, much as her Garchomp’s had moments before.

“Return, Garchomp… Go, Spiritomb!”

VS

Spiritomb was the oddest-looking Pokemon yet. It was surrounded by a creepy aura, and occasionally the mists swirling around inside its orb looked like faces, screaming silently for release.

“Spiritomb is both Dark and Ghost-type, so it has no weaknesses at all! You won’t be able to pull another trick like that. And what’s more, my Spiritomb has a few nasty tricks of its own… like this! Spiritomb, use Curse!”

Spiritomb let out an ear-splitting scream, and some of the swirling mist inside of it left the orb, and proceeded to shoot straight at Mamoswine. The giant Pokemon flinched, but the swirling spirits did not hit it; instead, they swirled around Mamoswine’s head, draining its life force and filling it with negative energy.

“Mamoswine, use Earthquake!”

Though in pain, the Mamoswine did as told, and shook the ground by stamping its feet again. Spiritomb rocked around, taking damage but always landing back on its pedestal.

“Torment it!”

“Earthquake again!”

When Mamoswine tried to create another earthquake, the spirits surrounding it viciously attacked it, only backing off when Mamoswine stopped. Mamoswine was so disoriented by the pain that it couldn’t use Earthquake again.

“Fine, then. Giga Impact!”

Mamoswine charged straight at Spiritomb, getting ready to hit it with full power. As soon as it reached Spiritomb, however, the ghostly Pokemon faded into nothingness, allowing Mamoswine to pass straight through and trip, hitting itself on the ground.

“Time to end this, Spiritomb. Use Dark Pulse!”

Spiritomb reappeared, and dark energy began welling up inside of it. It was preparing to release all of that energy in a huge burst.

“Not so fast! Ice Shard, now!”

Before Spiritomb could release the Dark Pulse, Mamoswine struck it head-on with icy tusks. Spiritomb was launched into the air and landed with thud on the ground. The dark energy from its attack, unable to be released, ate away at Spiritomb itself. The spirits faded away, including the ones around Mamoswine’s head. Mamoswine itself looked about to collapse from exhaustion, but it remained standing.

“Spiritomb is unable to battle. Mamoswine is the winner! Cynthia is out of usable Pokemon, so Gold is the winner of this battle!”

The two trainers recalled their Pokemon, then walked forward and shook hands. The audience of fifteen applauded the outcome of the battle.

“Cynthia, you have been eliminated from the competition, but that does not mean you are done participating. We insist that you stay to watch the rest of the tournament unfold. There are sure to be many exciting battles left! As for the rest of you: you must all vacate the arena for the remainder of the night. There are sleeping quarters for all of you near the side exits, or you may wish to continue training in Cerulean Cave. Have a good night, and stay safe…”

------------------------------------------------------------

Competing: 16
    Askthepizzaguy
    autolycus
    B Ray
    Chimpyang
    Death is yonder
    Double A
    Jolt
    Rebel Jeb
    Renata
    robbiecon
    Saregona
    Secura
    Seon
    Thefluffyone93
    Yaseikhaan
    Zack

Eliminated: 1
    Yaropolk

----------------------------------------------------

Begin Night 1!

Send any night orders to me by 5:00 PM tomorrow. If you want to change your battle order, you should send me a PM as well.

Bah, such weaklings. My Arceus would have plowed through the six of them!
    BLARGH!

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Mamoswine with Giga Impact? Someone's not been reading Smogon!
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Desynchronized Member robbiecon's Avatar

Well, two Champions going head to head! Very interesting start to the tournament. I can see why Renata was confident to start off today.

Also, fantastic write-up! Thoroughly enjoyed going through it.

@Secura

Eh? Last time I checked there was nothing wrong with that.

Not a move I would pick, but it's all for the show anyway. 'Sides, Giga Impact with 130 base attack is pretty respectable...

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast