Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [Council of Villains] Mewtwo's Retribution [Concluded]

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: [Council of Villains] Mewtwo's Retribution [In Game]

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Pizza, if there's anything I know in life, it's Pokemon. I have played anywhere between 800 and 1000 hours of Pokemon, across the GB, GBA, DS, and even GC. I have played 12 Pokemon games, which includes Coliseum and XD for the GameCube. I truly have NO idea what's going on in this game, but I understand the battle mechanics perfectly.
    I have also played the pokemon, maybe not as much as you, but I'm no noob.

I still think there's something askew with you. We'll see. I also note you ducked my who are you question quite skillfully.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think tomorrow's the time we let my sweet pizzaman unwrap me. We need to get some sunshine out there in the spotlight to keep our natural beauty, neh?
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaseikhaan View Post
    I think tomorrow's the time we let my sweet pizzaman unwrap me. We need to get some sunshine out there in the spotlight to keep our natural beauty, neh?
    If only I could trap the Yaseimon in my pokeball.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I have also played the pokemon, maybe not as much as you, but I'm no noob.

I still think there's something askew with you. We'll see. I also note you ducked my who are you question quite skillfully.
    I learned from the best.

I am Blue, of "Smell ya later!" fame. I didn't want to reveal that as I fear I would have become a target for the bad guys, whoever they may be.

Also, I found my Platinum and HeartGold in my backpack today! MWAHAHA, THE POKERUS IS MINE ONCE AGAIN!
    Last edited by Double A; 04-14-2011 at 23:59.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Round over, still working on the write-up.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Night 5

As night fell again in the Cerulean Cave, the remaining competing trainers took up defensive positions, whether they were deeper inside the cave or near the arena rooms. The walls of the cavern would shake with the rumbling of Pokemon battles later that night.

Ruby was, once again, on the small island he had claimed for himself in the middle of the underground lake.

He was just lounging around, getting himself a nice rest before inevitably the mysterious trainer would stop by with new Pokemon for his Tentacruel to defeat. Sure enough, right on cue a shadowy figure appeared, and shouted across the lake at Ruby.

“YOU! Prepare yourself!”

“Back again? Tentacruel, let’s go!”

“Your overconfidence will be your downfall. This time, your fate is sealed! Go, Alakazam!”

VS

Alakazam stood at the lake’s edge, while Tentacruel floated in the waters some ten yards away. The two Pokemon stared at each other briefly before their trainers barked orders.

“Ice Beam!”

“Psychic attack!”

Tentacruel attempted to fire an Ice Beam, but it was quickly brought to a halt when Alakazam lifted up its spoons, glowing with Psychic power. Using telekinesis, Alakazam immobilized Tentacruel and lifted it out of the water. Then, with great force and precision, it hurled Tentacruel at a spike on the wall to the side. Tentacruel struck the spike and then fell to the solid ground below.

“BAHAHAHAHA! Now that I’ve got your Tentacruel out of the water, this will be child’s play!”

There was truth in the mysterious trainer’s words. Tentacruel tried to mount a defense, but on dry land it was only able to flounder about on its tentacles. It couldn’t move quickly enough to get to the water’s edge in time.

“Alakazam, use Shock Wave!”

Alakazam opened up a conduit of electricity from its spoons, and shot the thunderbolt straight at Tentacruel. Unable to dodge the attack, Tentacruel was struck head on and electrocuted viciously.

“No! Tentacruel!”

“Now, finish it off! Psychic!”

Alakazam lifted Tentacruel again, and proceeded to smash it up and down between the floor and the ceiling of the cave. When Alakazam was finished, Tentacruel had been knocked unconscious.

Ruby returned Tentacruel, and looked unsure of himself. Tentacruel had beaten five opponents before, but after this one loss, he would be forced to rely on only Manectric to protect him. Ruby threw the Pokeball over to the mysterious trainer’s side.

“Go, Manectric! Use Thunder Wave!”

VS

As soon as it landed, Manectric unleashed an electromagnetic pulse that blasted Alakazam. Although Alakazam was not physically harmed by the electricity, it was paralyzed and its movements slowed.

“Discharge!”

“Match it with Shock Wave!”

Manectric and Alakazam both launched powerful electric attacks, but Manectric’s capacity for the creation of electricity was much greater than Alakazam’s. Manectric’s current canceled out Alakazam’s and still had enough strength left over to blast the Psychic Pokemon off its feet.

“I’ve had enough of this… use Hypnosis!”

Alakazam began staring into Manectric’s eyes and emitting Psychic waves into its brain. Manectric was immobilized, unable to look away, and it soon fell into a deep sleep as Ruby could only watch in frustration.

“Now use Dream Eater!”

Alakazam began draining the life energy from Manectric as it slept, and using it to heal the damage it had taken to its own frail body. In less than a minute, Manectric was completely drained of energy, and it did not wake back up.

“No! Manectric!”

Ruby returned his Pokemon, threw a Smoke Ball, and dove into the water. When the smoke cleared, the frustrated trainer could not find him anywhere nearby.

--------------------------------------------

Steven had found himself a wide-open space deep in the cave, which was glittering with glowing gemstones.

Among the more conventional jewels, Steven was sure he would find several evolution-inducing stones down here, such as a Moon Stone or a Water Stone. But more importantly, this deep into the ground Steven was certain to find fossils of ancient Pokemon. Both of these prospects interested the curious trainer deeply, and he was rather annoyed when an uninvited visitor dropped in to battle.

“Steven. Any last words before I destroy you?”

“You haven’t even battled me yet, and I’m at full strength! Go, Aggron!”

“Excellent. Just the move I was hoping for. Go, Machamp!”

VS

Normally, Aggron’s thick hide of rock and steel was a huge asset, but it would severely impair it in this battle, and Steven quickly realized the mistake he made in sending out his Pokemon first. Machamp would have greater mobility, and besides that fact its four powerful arms were principally trained by smashing rocks and tearing apart iron.

“Machamp, use Earthquake!”

Slamming the ground with its powerful arms, Machamp created tremors in the ground. Several gemstones came dislodged from the walls and ceiling and fell to the ground.

“Aggron, Protect yourself!”

Aggron held up its guard and concentrated on standing its ground. It was totally unaffected by Machamp’s attack.

“Get in there and use Low Kick!”

While Aggron was withstanding the tremors, Machamp rushed forward and swept low with its foot, succeeding in tripping Aggron the manual way. The heavy Pokemon fell flat on its face and struggled to get back up.

“Cross Chop!”

Using its four arms, Machamp deliver four devastating karate chops to Aggron’s body, inflicting massive damage. The force of the blows was such that Aggron was barely able to stand.

“Now finish it with Seismic Toss!”

In an incredible display of strength, Machamp lifted Aggron and hurled it straight at Steven. Luckily, the master trainer ducked, but Aggron kept on flying into the wall, which it struck with a thud. Aggron did not regain consciousness.

“Well… you succeeded in tricking me there, but I hope you’ve got a good strategy for the rest, because it won’t be nearly that easy to defeat me! Go, Metagross!”

VS

Metagross made a deep, metallic screeching sound, and then began approaching Machamp slowly.

“Cross Chop!”

Machamp rushed forward and tried to hit Metagross with the same tactic it used against Aggron, but it was stopped abruptly mid-charge. Metagross’s eyes glowed menacingly, and it lifted Machamp off the ground with Psychic power. Then Metagross proceeded to fling Machamp around the room like a rag doll, smashing it into the walls and ceiling, which were interspersed with sharp gemstones poking out. When Metagross finally released Machamp, it was in no shape to be battling.

The mysterious trainer grumbled and sent out another Pokemon.

“Go, Typhlosion!”

VS

The flame vents around Typhlosion’s neck flared up dangerously as it prepared itself to fight. Metagross remained stoic in its disposition.

“Use Flame Wheel!”

Typhlosion got a running start, then rolled up into a ball. It spun quickly enough that when it flared up its flame vents, the fire spread to cover its entire body. As Typhlosion picked up speed, it began zipping around the battlefield as a literal wheel of flame. Metagross, unable to turn around quickly enough to anticipate its attack, was struck directly in the back. It was hurt, but it knocked Typhlosion away with a Psychic pulse.

“Hit it with Meteor Mash!”

Metagross levitated itself into the air stretched out its legs, and then began spinning around. Its four taloned legs spun like a series of deadly fan blades. Metagross had a wide enough leg-span that Typhlosion was not able to easily leap around it, and it was struck by the attack.

“Now, Hammer Arm!”

Immediately, Metagross stopped spinning, and instead proceeded to batter Typhlosion with a heavy steel leg. Typhlosion was knocked to the ground and got up slowly.

“Metagross, finish it with Hyper Beam!”

“Dodge it!”

Just in time, Typhlosion leapt out of the way to dodge the powerful blast of energy that Metagross released. Typhlosion had a few free seconds to attack while Metagross regained its strength.

“Overheat, now!”

Typhlosion got up close to Metagross, and then began burning intensely. The air around the two Pokemon heated up dramatically, until it was hot enough that Metagross’s steel body could start to melt. The metal Pokemon roared in pain. When Typhlosion couldn’t hold up the heat blast any longer, Metagross fell to the ground, unable to fight.

“No way! How could you beat Metagross?”

Steven was worried now. Metagross was the one he always turned to when the situation became dire.

“Fine then. Go, Cradily!”

VS

“Do you really expect this one to even be a challenge?”

“Cradily, use Rock Slide!”

Cradily caused a stream of rocks and gemstones to fall from the ceiling. Typhlosion spun into a Flame Wheel and dodged around all of the stones before smashing into Cradily.

“Let’s finish this. Use Flare Blitz!”

Typhlosion coated itself in flame and then charged full-force into Cradily, engulfing it in an inferno. Cradily fell to the ground, scorched and knocked unconscious.

The mysterious trainer looked around for Steven, but he had seemingly disappeared. He was about to leave, frustrated, when a beam shot from Steven’s Pokeball near the single entrance to the gem cavern, returning Cradily to him. Before the trainer could give chase, Steven bolted and faded out of sight.

---------------------------------------------------

Lance was sitting outside the arena dormitories.

He intended to serve as protector to any who stayed there during the night, but in truth he probably derived just as much safety from the other trainers as they did from him. Perhaps, with the mindset of a Champion, he felt it his responsibility. He certainly felt it his responsibility when he heard roaring from the arena.

“Go, Charizard!”

VS

Lance couldn’t see very well in the unlit arena, but there was no mistaking that roar. Lance looked at his opponent’s Pokemon, only to see:

“Garchomp?”

Garchomp raged, and began dueling with Charizard, the two dragons exchanging blows.

“It couldn’t be…”

Lance shrugged whatever doubts he had in his mind away and focused back on the battle. Garchomp was larger than Charizard and had greater reach, but Charizard had the advantage of speedy flight.

“Use Flamethrower!”

Charizard fired a long jet of flame from its mouth, which struck Garchomp all over its body as Charizard circled around it in the air. The attack did not look as if it damaged Garchomp terribly, but it left burn marks all over the dragon’s skin.

“Strike with Outrage!”

Garchomp began firing powerful energy beams at Charizard, but it was fast enough to see them coming and dodge them with swift aerial dives and swerves. After the fifth or so beam, Garchomp was starting to become tired and disoriented.

“Now’s your chance! Use Dragon Claw!”

Swooping by with great precision, Charizard stretched out both of its claws and slashed them along Garchomp’s side, scoring deep cuts. This, combined with Garchomp’s burns and fatigue, caused it to collapse to the ground.

“No matter. I have more. Go, Gallade!”

VS

Gallade struck a fighting pose, but Charizard was already way ahead of it and soaring through the air. It fired bursts of flame from its mouth, hoping to burn Gallade as it had with Garchomp.

“Detect!”

Gallade was able to use its Psychic powers to easily predict, detect, and sidestep all of Charizard’s attacks. It continued to hold a defensive stance.

“Use Air Slash!”

Charizard whipped up an air current that ripped away at Gallade’s defenses, knocking it to the ground. Charizard flew in close for a melee attack.

“Catch it with a Charge Beam!”

Leaping to its feet, Gallade fired a beam of electrons that struck Charizard straight in the chest. The electric attack caught Charizard off-guard, and it plummeted out of the sky, sliding roughly into the ground.

“Psycho Cut!”

Using its arm blades, Gallade slashed at the air and fired blade-shaped Psychic blasts at Charizard which hurt it even more as it tried to get up and fight back.

“Finish it! Close Combat!”

Now Gallade rushed forward and actually began slashing Charizard with its blades. After only a few hits more, Charizard was in no shape to battle, and it fell to the ground, fainted.

Lance looked disappointed, but not worried.

“Return, Charizard. Go, Sceptile!"

VS

Sceptile and Gallade faced off, each practically beckoning the other to come by for a duel.

“Psycho Cut!”

“Leaf Blade!”

The two Pokemon locked blades. Each Pokemon began swiping, slashing, and dodging attacks, but neither was able to score a direct hit on the other.

“Go faster! Use your Agility!”

With enhanced speed, though, Sceptile could easily handle Gallade. It managed to slash the Pokemon about seven times before Gallade could escape to a safer part of the arena.

“Gallade, you have to hit it hard!”

“Leaf Storm, Sceptile!”

Sceptile reared back, and launched a veritable storm of razor-sharp leaves at Gallade, making it impossible for it to dodge them all. Gallade was caught by the force of the blow, and knocked several yards backwards. Gallade tried to get back to its feet, but fell midway and then fainted.

The hidden trainer cursed the luck that was given, and sped out of the room as quickly as possible. Something was still bothering Lance after the battle.

"That Garchomp... it couldn't have been... could it?"

----------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, the trainers returned as usual- minus two. The announcer spoke, in an almost apologetic voice.

“Greetings, trainers. It is unfortunate, but Ruby and Steven have no usable Pokemon left, and must be eliminated from the competition. Let the voting begin!”

-----------------------------------------------------------

Competing: 7
    Askthepizzaguy
    Double A
    Jolt
    Secura
    Seon
    Yaseikhaan
    Zack

Eliminated: 10
    Yaropolk
    robbiecon
    B_Ray
    autolycus
    Renata
    Thefluffyone93
    Death is yonder
    Saregona
    Chimpyang
    Captain Blackadder

------------------------------------

Begin Day 6

Gonna make it like 36 hours to get us back on track. It ends 12:30 PM Saturday.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Anyone here have time to organize the information contained in the writeups so far into an easy-to-digest blurb?

If we are to vote intelligently today at all, that would be a valuable first step. I am extremely busy and I cannot do it. Any takers?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Protecting the border fort Member Chimpyang's Avatar

Find two people who have yet to battle, make them fight, we need to see their pokemon line ups. The mafia are exposing more and more of their own lineups, and it's about finding the right pokemon.

Vote: Yaseikhaan

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Hmmm...

vote: Pizza
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Sorry, but it is becoming ridiculous that Seon is surviving this long.

Vote: Seon
    BLARGH!

Blog Entries

Vote: Yaseikhaan

Let's see what pokemon you have.

Blog Entries

Vote: Askthepizzaguy

You'd best stop stealing my other pokemon. Using my spare garchomp to attack me wasn't nice, not at all.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

2 things:

I haven't stolen any pokemon or used any pokemon for anything so far all game. When I duel you, Yaseikhaan, you'll see fresh faces. If I lose my 3 pokemon, I will have no others to use, and I will be out of the game.

Also, why is Seon your big suspect, Jolt, if we know he's only got one pokemon left and everyone has been attacked by multiple pokemon? That means you know he's not responsible but want him eliminated anyway.

Why?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

"..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    Sorry, but it is becoming ridiculous that Seon is surviving this long.

Vote: Seon
    Vote: Jolt

Why are you so obsessed with Seon? He only has one pokemon left.

Why am I even hesitating on this.

Unvote

Seems Khaan has claimed to be the person who got attacked by, apparently, his own pokemon, and the attacker fled. So, I'm not sure why I would want to vote for him here, I'd rather vote for Khaan's attacker.

Meanwhile, Jolt is obsessed with destroying Seon when it's clear Seon cannot be responsible for these attacks.

Unless...

Seon could be responsible for the attacks if he's been using other people's pokemon somehow, as seeming to be indicated by certain writeups. That way he survives a duel with one pokemon and then never uses it again, but somehow commands other people's pokemon against them.

Hmmm. Hmm hmm hmm.

I'm not feeling the Khaan duel. We've already seen his pokemon in battle, mine have not. I'd be willing to battle a suspect, and I'd like some thoughts on the whole number of pokemon we carry versus number of pokemon used in attacks at night, let's discuss that.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Vote: Jolt

Why are you so obsessed with Seon? He only has one pokemon left.
    HE LOST AND SURVIVED A DUEL GODDAMNIT.

We have 10 eliminated people so far and not one except Seon has actually lost a battle and continues in the game.

Are you telling me that is not strange? Are you telling me that because in the write-up his own character says that he has one Pokemon (e.g. It is not an impartial narrator which confirms this fact), he should get a pass to the last round of the game because he "Only has one Pokemon"?
    BLARGH!

Blog Entries

Robbiecon had a unique ability to revive fallen pokemons. Was he guilty because we haven't found anyone who could do that?

Your logic does not make sense.

Protecting the border fort Member Chimpyang's Avatar

Kill Seon or whatever, just so we can all move on. Just make sure he fights someone we havn't seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    Robbiecon had a unique ability to revive fallen pokemons. Was he guilty because we haven't found anyone who could do that?

Your logic does not make sense.
    Actually it makes more sense the more we hear from you.

Reviving other's pokemon's is a unique ability which, not only is it clearly connected to the character in question (That Nurse is from the Pokemon Centers), but it has a clear Pro-Town purpose, so it isn't really that strange.

Yours is surviving a duel, which (Since I'm not a Pokemon specialist), is it in any way connected with your character? And the purpose of it is...? Supposedly if it really is as you say, you only have one Pokemon left, so you become rather useless to help the town unless the mafiosi are also down to one pokemon as well, which means that that ability should give you a free ride to the end game, which is when there is a stronger chance of the mafiosi being down to such few probabilities of winning. Now, I doubt that is the purpose of your ability. What is your ability for then? Now ATPG made a pretty good theory which I hadn't thought about it. Since Mewtwo is somewhere involved in this game, I wouldn't put it past me that it could control other trainers Pokemons, and even if he/you had only one left (Which would be Mewtwo, obviously), he could still use other pokemons to night attack.

If we manage to put you in a duel and you turn out to be a townie, I'm more than willing to put myself in a duel against anyone the very next day.
    BLARGH!

Blog Entries

Unvote, Vote: Jolt

Like him, you mean?

I've been keeping my eyes on you, Jolt... in another mafia game back in the CFC, a mafia tried to get past everyone's radars by keep on asking me of the reasons for not healing him despite the fact that I had explained the (kind of shaky) reasoning to him. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on mafioso scum.

Unvote, Vote: Jolt

Like him, you mean?

I've been keeping my eyes on you, Jolt... in another mafia game back in the CFC, a mafia tried to get past everyone's radars by keep on asking me of the reasons for not healing him despite the fact that I had explained the (kind of shaky) reasoning to him. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on mafioso scum.
    So long as you are sentenced to duel, then I'm more than willing to duel you and see what's behind door number 4.
    Last edited by Jolt; 04-15-2011 at 16:26.
    BLARGH!

Blog Entries

I will only be appeased if you are my opponent for that duel, Jolt. Let's see who you truly are.

I will only be appeased if you are my opponent for that duel, Jolt. Let's see who you truly are.
    Then we have a deal.

Seon vs Jolt for today please folks.
    BLARGH!

Blog Entries

OK, I think its time to do a recap and some sorting, for the night attacks.

So far, pokemon we've seen for the attacker:

Night 1: Zangoose in one attack, Persian in another, and Blissey in a third. Nobody gone(silly normal types)

Night 2: Gyarados and claydol in first attack, then magnezone and charizard in separate attacks. Joy gone.

Day 3: Giovanni gone.

Night 3: Roserade, Walrein, Espeon in one attack. Charizard in another, and magnezone in a third. Gold and Maxi gone.

Day 4: Diamond out.

Night 4: Magnezone and Aerodactyl in one attack, Mightyena, Charizard, and Sceptile in another. Silver gone.

Day 5: Red out.

Night 5: Alakasam in one attack, Machamp and Typhlosion in another, and (my) garchomp and a gallade. Ruby and Steven out.

Something that's worth noting- the attacker at night seems to be very good about getting that first matchup well predicted, after the first night. The first night, a bunch of normal types got sent out on the attack and were trounced. The attacker(s) at night seem to have access to a large number of pokemon. A count of them shows: zangoose, persian, blissey, gyarados, claydol, magnezone, charizard, roserade, walrein, espeon, aerodactyl, mightyena, sceptile, alakazam, machamp, typhlosion, garchomp, and gallade. My guess is- the attacker has access to *all* of our pokemon at night. The normal types were thrown out on night 1 as test subjects- they had no idea who most people were, and so they sent feeble normal types, who have no type advantage, to their doom so better pokemon could be used later. Another possibility is that we're dealing with clones, ala the first pokemon movie, wherein Mewtwo cloned every trainer's pokemon. Another hint that this is a possibility is the craziness going on with the charizard and some of the other oddities at night. Trying to discern who is guilty through the duels might actually be pointless, insofar as trying to link pokemon up with the night attacks. It also would mean that Seon is hardly exonerated just for only having one pokemon left. Lastly, I'd point out that Mewtwo, being a powerful psychic, can probably brain control people, so determining guilt by role is probably pointless too.

That said, we need to get people in the ring and put pressure on them. This is going to have to come down to a good old fashioned scum hunt.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 04-15-2011 at 16:29.

Okay! Seon and Jolt for the duel. I'm convinced that there could be something off about one of them.

By the way, my pokemon have never been used up by this pokemon cloner/thief. No one has seen my pokemon yet.

Theory: Could this trainer be using the pokemon that we did not use? Or is it confirmed they are stealing our active ones?

Edit- they haven't been using my unused pokemon either.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 04-15-2011 at 20:22.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Unvote: pizzaguy
    Vote: Secura

Secura's relative quiet concerns me more than Jolt.

I'll move my vote there, because pressure doesn't work unless it's actual pressure.

Vote: Secura
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

What would cause Secura to go suddenly quiet after being all over the thread at the beginning? In what way is that scummier than Jolt hanging on to Seon like a limpet whether or not it makes any sense to do so at the time?

The least Jolt could do is vote someone else once in a while.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast