Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [Council of Villains] Mewtwo's Retribution [Concluded]

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Default Re: [Council of Villains] Mewtwo's Retribution [In Game]

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    The least Jolt could do is vote someone else once in a while.
    What kind of argument is that?

Why would I do that if I believe that Seon is scum, whereas I have no idea about other people? If I been saying thus far that Seon being alive this far into the game is extremely silly town behaviour, what do you believe will make me vote for someone else?

Should I follow pack mentality and vote someone else just because you and others want me to, without there being no other arguments for it? Sorry, ever since I started playing Mafia, I was never the guy that votes with the rest of the folks just because it looks cool.

The fact is that the only person that has a reason to be suspected of being scum thus far is Seon (Not me, not you, not Secura, not ATPG), and the fact that the town doesn't acknowledge that is quite disturbing.
    Last edited by Jolt; 04-15-2011 at 22:34.
    BLARGH!

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

What would cause Secura to go suddenly quiet after being all over the thread at the beginning?
    I've been quiet? Is nobody reading Animus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    Someone doesn't know his Anglo-French history... :P

I'm off to Beskar's in a few hours to handle the end-game writeups (so much easier than doing it all through MSN); they'll all be coming together, I think.
    That is where I have been all day, though we've done more playing of EU3 (I'm Tuscany <3) than actual writing; feel free to ask Beskar, if you so choose and it doesn't break any rules.
    Last edited by Secura; 04-15-2011 at 22:26.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

quick convo with Secura pushes me back onto my previous suspect Double A.

I am going to work. I am not going to whine if you make me duel today, because I have not given this game the time it deserves. However, I don't lurk as mafia and I don't not try as mafia. Ever.

unvote, vote: Double A
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Having spoken to Pizza and re-read the writeup (particularly the Lance/Garchomp parts), I'm willing to give himself and 'khaan the benefit of the doubt for now; their claims make alot of sense.

I'm going to unvote, vote: Double A in the meantime.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    I've been quiet? Is nobody reading Animus?
    I though we'd established that they aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    I though we'd established that they aren't?
    Aye, clearly not... :P

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yaseikhaan View Post
    OK, I think its time to do a recap and some sorting, for the night attacks.

So far, pokemon we've seen for the attacker:

Night 1: Zangoose in one attack, Persian in another, and Blissey in a third. Nobody gone(silly normal types)

Night 2: Gyarados and claydol in first attack, then magnezone and charizard in separate attacks. Joy gone.

Day 3: Giovanni gone.

Night 3: Roserade, Walrein, Espeon in one attack. Charizard in another, and magnezone in a third. Gold and Maxi gone.

Day 4: Diamond out.

Night 4: Magnezone and Aerodactyl in one attack, Mightyena, Charizard, and Sceptile in another. Silver gone.

Day 5: Red out.

Night 5: Alakasam in one attack, Machamp and Typhlosion in another, and (my) garchomp and a gallade. Ruby and Steven out.

Something that's worth noting- the attacker at night seems to be very good about getting that first matchup well predicted, after the first night. The first night, a bunch of normal types got sent out on the attack and were trounced. The attacker(s) at night seem to have access to a large number of pokemon. A count of them shows: zangoose, persian, blissey, gyarados, claydol, magnezone, charizard, roserade, walrein, espeon, aerodactyl, mightyena, sceptile, alakazam, machamp, typhlosion, garchomp, and gallade. My guess is- the attacker has access to *all* of our pokemon at night. The normal types were thrown out on night 1 as test subjects- they had no idea who most people were, and so they sent feeble normal types, who have no type advantage, to their doom so better pokemon could be used later. Another possibility is that we're dealing with clones, ala the first pokemon movie, wherein Mewtwo cloned every trainer's pokemon. Another hint that this is a possibility is the craziness going on with the charizard and some of the other oddities at night. Trying to discern who is guilty through the duels might actually be pointless, insofar as trying to link pokemon up with the night attacks. It also would mean that Seon is hardly exonerated just for only having one pokemon left. Lastly, I'd point out that Mewtwo, being a powerful psychic, can probably brain control people, so determining guilt by role is probably pointless too.

That said, we need to get people in the ring and put pressure on them. This is going to have to come down to a good old fashioned scum hunt.
    OH MY GOD, THAT'S BRILLIANT! WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT BEFORE?

In the first Pokemon movie, what did Mewtwo do?

He CLONED all the trainers Pokemon! Mewtwo's minions must be using either cloned versions of the Pokemon we have, or the more likely situation, clones of the Pokemon we deposited in the machine!

Guys, Seon is not guilty, or at least I don't think so. He has an extra Pokemon. So what? If he was out to get us, why would he have just not deposited ONE Pokemon in the machine? If he truly wanted to win at all costs, he'd have left 3 empty Pokeballs, not one. Furthermore, you can't do much with one Pokemon. If it faints due to an unlucky matchup, you're gone. Finished. Kaput. I think every attacker lost at least one Pokemon, which would mean Seon can't be them.

And furthermore... Pizza, every single one of my Pokemon on my original team of six is from either the first or second generation. I'm Blue, a Kanto gym leader. Why would I use a foreign pokemon from Hoenn or Sinnoh? I've been training with these Pokemon since I started out on my journey. Well, smell ya later, I got stuff to do.

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    What kind of argument is that?

Why would I do that if I believe that Seon is scum, whereas I have no idea about other people? If I been saying thus far that Seon being alive this far into the game is extremely silly town behaviour, what do you believe will make me vote for someone else?

Should I follow pack mentality and vote someone else just because you and others want me to, without there being no other arguments for it? Sorry, ever since I started playing Mafia, I was never the guy that votes with the rest of the folks just because it looks cool.

The fact is that the only person that has a reason to be suspected of being scum thus far is Seon (Not me, not you, not Secura, not ATPG), and the fact that the town doesn't acknowledge that is quite disturbing.
    Not my point, really, it's more that you seem to have stuck with Seon (and only Seon) through all different possible interpretations of his extra Pokeman; I've never really seen you waver or look at anyone else, or anything. You get to go on the "we MUST lynch Seon again" crusade and never need talk about anything else.

Seon probably should have gone up for a second "lynch" long since if only because unrevealed lynch survival is so incredibly anti-town a mechanism in the first place. (Follow through on the second lynch every single time, and maybe GMs will stop using it for town players. A girl can hope. Because I hate it. But anyway.) But again that's not really the point. Correct me if I'm wrong in my description of you; I can't swear I've been paying the closest of attention.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fair enough that you're busy, but it doesn't mean your innocent. Just because you've got a totally legitimate reason for activity doesn't mean you're innocent. That said, Unvote: Secura, Vote: Double A I'm not sure how the clone idea exonerates Seon. It pretty much means that anyone can be the mafia with any number of pokemon- they've got the huge number of "backups" which they can use for night attacks only.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

I do agree with that, and also don't get that Secura says that your claim and Pizza's look solid. What does that have to do with anything?

Also --

I think living players should name their unchosen Pokemon.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd like to point out that anyone could go on Bulbapedia and check the trainer's most recent line-up to figure out what the trainer still has.

And that I also have a mini bandwagon for some reason.

Also --

I think living players should name their unchosen Pokemon.
    I don't think unchosen pokemons have anything to do with it. One of the Pokemons being used in the night attacks is one of my own, but I haven't seen any pokemon I didn't choose being used in the night attacks.
    BLARGH!

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As far as what they night attacks are using- I've seen sceptile and multiple charizards, both of which I have active. The garchomp was left on the bench, and is the one that triggered this whole discussion. Granted charizard and sceptile are both starters and thus might be common, but I think its probably safe to say that the attacker can use all of the pokemon we could choose from.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

I'm going to say that I have seen Pokemon that I didn't pick. It's odd, since there are hundereds of Pokemon, even when you take into account that all the ones here are fully evolved.

I am perfectly comfortable revealing which pokemon I have, especially if I get attacked at night. Until then I feel I stand a better chance of surviving the hit if they do not know which pokemon I have lined up.

And yes, I'm aware of how flagrantly scummy it sounds. But seriously, and I will claim if I absolutely have to, it is a wiser policy not to. I actually stand a chance of surviving since I am at full health. Let's not jinx it.

Also, no pun intended.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    I'm going to say that I have seen Pokemon that I didn't pick. It's odd, since there are hundereds of Pokemon, even when you take into account that all the ones here are fully evolved.
    Right. So it might give an idea of what could be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I am perfectly comfortable revealing which pokemon I have, especially if I get attacked at night. Until then I feel I stand a better chance of surviving the hit if they do not know which pokemon I have lined up.

And yes, I'm aware of how flagrantly scummy it sounds. But seriously, and I will claim if I absolutely have to, it is a wiser policy not to. I actually stand a chance of surviving since I am at full health. Let's not jinx it.

Also, no pun intended.

I was waiting for an opportunity to use the image. xD
    BLARGH!

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Apologies, the round should have ended an hour ago, but my house had no power.

The last votes counted will be before 12:30 PM. Tallying now.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

I applaud you, good sir!
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

Tally:

Double A - 3 (ATPG, Secura, khaan)
    Jolt - 2 (Zack, Seon)

Seon - 1 (Jolt)

The duel is between Double A and Jolt. I'll try to have the write-up done ASAP.

I do agree with that, and also don't get that Secura says that your claim and Pizza's look solid. What does that have to do with anything?
    Observe this post of Pizza's; in it, he states that 'khaan claimed to be attacked last night, and by one of his own Pokémon no less.

I spoke to Pizza about this, he explained himself further, elaborating on the stolen Pokémon theory and 'khaan's likely innocence; the claims made sense, particularly those regarding Lance/Garchomp, and thus I opted to look elsewhere, following Pizza's suggestion of Double A since my own suspects were pretty much Pizza/Yaseikhaan.

So, in response to "what does that have to do with anything?", I would have to say "everything"; if I believe the claims, then I see them as innocent... if I see them as innocent, then they do not merit my vote.

Day 6

The seven remaining competitors all took their votes. When they were done, the announcer spoke.

“Greetings, trainers! Things seem to be getting down to the wire here, as less than half of the original seventeen trainers are still able to compete in the tournament. Some have defended their titles admirably, while others have yet to face a single battle. Today, you have chosen as the participants of the duel: Blue, the former Champion of Kanto and Gym Leader of Viridian City, and Emerald, a powerful master trainer from Hoenn! As is only natural, Blue should proceed to the blue corner. I wish there was a green corner for you, Emerald, but for now you will have to take the red corner.”

VS

Each trainer took his position. Blue was confident, and especially so since, with Red eliminated, he imagined himself the most powerful trainer left in the competition. Emerald was noticeably nervous, but still had a burning desire to win, and would not go down easily.

“Alright, kid, you ready to get this over with?”

“The name’s Emerald. I’m ready to go… but only if you want to lose!”

“If both trainers are ready, then let the battle begin!”

Both trainers let loose their first Pokemon at the same time.

“Go, Pidgeot!”

“Magnezone, I choose you!”

VS

The match-up looked bad for Blue and Pidgeot, as Magnezone’s electric attacks would be able to blast it out of the sky. Despite this, Blue did not look worried.

“Alright, Pidgeot. Make sure you’ve got a Tailwind!”

Pidgeot flapped its great wings vigorously, then spun and soared through the air in a wide arc. Effectively, Pidgeot had created an air current that circled the battlefield, so that as long as it flew in a certain direction, it would move even faster than usual.

“Magnezone, use Zap Cannon!”

Magnezone launched a huge ball of electricity at Pidgeot, but the bird Pokemon easily avoided it. It fired several more blasts, but Pidgeot was too fast to be hit.

“Now, use Brave Bird!”

Suddenly, Pidgeot dove out of the air current and began picking up incredible speed, heading straight for Magnezone. Magnezone, unable to move quickly enough to dodged out of the way, was struck by the impact. Due to its hard steel shell, though, Magnezone was knocked around, but not incredibly harmed. Pidgeot, dazed, steadied itself as it flew away.

“Hit it with Flash Cannon!”

A beam of light flashed and shot from Magnezone striking Pidgeot in the back. Pidgeot began losing altitude and was about to crash into the ground.

“Now use Thunderbolt!”

“Roost, Pidgeot!”

Pidgeot turned its tailspin into a graceful landing, and began to rest and regain its strength. Magnezone launched a powerful electric attack at Pidgeot, and it was a direct hit, but since Pidgeot was grounded it managed to avoid being completely electrocuted.

“Mirror Move, Pidgeot!”

Pidgeot was somehow able to reverse the current of the Thunderbolt and send it all straight back at Magnezone. Magnezone bristled with static electricity and was confused by the sudden shock. Pidgeot took the opportunity to get back to the air.

“Lock on to it, Magnezone!”

Magnezone began observing Pidgeot’s electrical and magnetic signature intensely, and acquired a lock on it. Blue observed what was going on, and looked worried.

“Pidgeot, hit it with Brave Bird again!”

“Now, Zap Cannon!”

As Pidgeot began to dive-bomb Magnezone again, it began charging up for an electrical attack. Just before Pidgeot made contact. Magnezone released the Zap Cannon, hitting Pidgeot at point-blank range. Pidgeot was blasted back to its side of the arena and landed with an ungraceful thud.

“Pidgeot is unable to battle! Magnezone is the winner!”

“Return, Pidgeot. Hey, you’re not too bad, kid. But there’s no way you can beat Arcanine!”

Blue threw in a second Pokeball, releasing a large, furry Pokemon that looked like a cross between a large dog and a tiger.

VS

“Now, Arcanine, use Extreme Speed!”

Arcanine began to run incredibly fast, almost so that it was barely visible to the naked eye. It ran around Magnezone, who was unable to track it and spun around fruitlessly in the effort. Finally, Arcanine took the opportunity to ram into Magnezone and continued to move at high speed around the arena.

“Magnezone, Lock On!”

Magnezone tried to lock on to Arcanine, but it was taking longer to do so than it had for Pidgeot.

“Finish this, Arcanine. Use Flamethrower!”

Arcanine zipped up to Magnezone and stopped short. Then it unleashed a torrent of white-hot flame from its mouth, bathing Magnezone in it. Magnezone was engulfed in the inferno, and as its circuits began to fry it fell to the floor, shutting down.

“Magnezone is unable to battle. Arcanine is the winner!”

“Go, Altaria!”

VS

Emerald’s Pokemon looked conspicuously like a large, flying ball of cotton. Blue was unsure whether or not to laugh.

“Arcanine, use Flamethrower!”

The flames engulfed Altaria, but it was not devastated by the attack. Instead, with a flap of its fluffy wings, it beat back the flames and floated away.

“Dragon Pulse, Altaria!”

Altaria now launched a powerful blast of energy from its mouth that struck Arcanine and knocked it off its feet.

“That thing is a Dragon?”

“Altaria, Earthquake!”

As it floated by, Altaria’s eyes glowed, and the ground began to shake. A spike of earth shot up from underneath Arcanine, sending it flying into the air as it yelped in pain.

“Arcanine, use Thunder Fang!”

While still in the air, Arcanine maneuvered itself so that its jaws snapped onto Altaria’s neck, flooding the dragon with electric current. The weight of Arcanine drove both of them into the ground, and pinned Altaria underneath it.

“No! Altaria! Hmm… use Perish Song.”

What sounded less like a song and more like a mournful, wailing screech was released from Altaria’s throat. Both Pokemon winced from the sound, but Arcanine kept biting with Thunder Fang.

“Dragon Pulse! Get it off you!”

Altaria gathered up its strength, and blasted Arcanine with an outward pulse of energy. Arcanine was knocked off of it, and struggled to get back up.

“Sky Attack!”

As fast as it could, Altaria charged into Arcanine, knocking it to the ground again. This time, the tired Pokemon did not get back up.

“Arcanine is unable to battle! Altaria is the winner!”

“Fine then! Go, Exeggutor!”

VS

Now it was Emerald’s turn to be amused at the appearance of Blue’ Exeggutor, which looked almost like a walking palm tree.

“Laugh all you want! Exeggutor, use Psychic!”

Exeggutor’s six eyes glowed with Psychic energy, and it threw the airborne Altaria back into the ground.

“Sky Attack!”

Altaria got back up, and was about to take to the air again, but a pained, tired look suddenly crossed its face. Altaria fell down and fainted.

“Oh no! The Perish Song… I forgot.”

“Too bad. You could’ve gone without it.”

“Altaria is unable to battle. Exeggutor is the winner!”

Emerald took out his last Pokeball. He gripped it tight, built up his confidence, and then hurled it into the arena.

“Go, Gardevoir!”

VS

Gardevoir glided gracefully a few inches off the ground when it moved. It seemed determined to protect its trainer from the possible loss.

“Psychic attack, Gardevoir!”

“Do the same, Exeggutor!”

Both Pokemon, having Psychic tendencies, would have trouble using them against each other. Both Pokemon’s eyes began glowing with otherworldly energy, and they were each still and unmoving. Although it looked as if nothing were happening, in reality their minds had formed a connection and were dueling for dominance. Both Exeggutor and Gardevoir looked under incredible stress.

“I know you can do it, Gardevoir!”

Eventually, Gardevoir switched its strategy and began firing Psychic waves of energy at its opponent as well. Exeggutor was struck by the first of them, and tried to dodge the attacks.

“Come on, Exeggutor! Use Light Screen and retaliate against it!”

A bubble of Psychic energy appeared around Exeggutor, shielding it from Gardevoir’s energy blasts. It began to fire its own Psychic wave blasts.

“Defend yourself, Gardevoir!”

Gardevoir threw up a Light Screen bubble as well, blocking Exeggutor’s attacks as it continued its own. Now each Pokemon was under incredible strain, simultaneously dueling with their minds, firing energy blasts, and holding up a defensive wall of energy.

“Now you’ve got it, Gardevoir! Imprison it!”

Gardevoir accessed the parts of Exeggutor’s mind that it could navigate easily- that is, the memories that the two Pokemon shared. Then it shut down and blocked those parts of its mind. Suddenly, Exeggutor’s attacks stopped and its Light Screen dropped. It was unable to perform any move that Gardevoir also knew how to do.

“Gardevoir, attack!”

Exeggutor was blasted by the Psychic waves, lifted into the air, and thrown backwards. It landed with a heavy thud. However, Exeggutor managed to get back up, albeit wearily. It was a resilient Pokemon.

“Good save, Exeggutor. Unfortunately for you, kid, we don’t need Psychic attacks to beat you. Use Leaf Storm!”

Exeggutor launched a massive storm of razor leaves at Gardevoir. All of the leaves were blocked by Gardevoir’s Light Screen, but it had to expend extra energy to keep the shield up and was forced on the defensive.

“Now, use Wood Hammer!”

With its great tree-trunk legs, Exeggutor began to charge forward, straight at Gardevoir. All the while the leaves from the storm were still holding Gardevoir back, preventing it from attacking. Exeggutor ran straight into Gardevoir’s shield, shattering it and continuing onward to smash it with a heavy headbutt. The frail Gardevoir was knocked to the ground, and fainted from the concussive blow.

“No! Gardevoir!”

“Gardevoir is unable to battle. Exeggutor is the winner! This means that Blue is victorious, and unfortunately, Emerald has been eliminated from the competition.”

Emerald ran up to his Pokemon and made sure it was ok before returning it to its ball. He regarded the ball fondly, then put it away before walking up to Blue.

“That was a good battle, Blue. I’ve learned a lot, even if I didn’t win.”

“Hey, you put up a good fight. I was worried when you came out with that Imprison attack.”

The two trainers shook hands, and turned around to go their separate ways. Before Emerald was out of earshot, however, Blue called to him.

“Hey! Smell you later, Emerald!”

---------------------------------------------------

Competing: 6
    Askthepizzaguy
    Double A
    Secura
    Seon
    Yaseikhaan
    Zack

Eliminated: 11
    Yaropolk
    robbiecon
    B_Ray
    autolycus
    Renata
    Thefluffyone93
    Death is yonder
    Saregona
    Chimpyang
    Captain Blackadder
    Jolt

------------------------------------

Begin Night 6

It ends 5:00 PM tomorrow.
    Last edited by Chaotix; 04-17-2011 at 05:02.

Your sig line appears a bit dated, Chaotix.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Now that we know that I am a townie, let's finally lynch Seon?
    BLARGH!

Blog Entries

I believe you all owe me a bit of an apology.

Or a couple of max revives. Either would be nice. I fully expect to be attacked due to not having any "flagged" Pokemon, as well as only having one I can use.

Okay, what's Zack's defense?

Systematic pressure and virtual elimination has moved me past candidates Secura, Double A, Yaseikhaan.

Before I say good-bye to Seon, I want to know all about Zack. Does he have an alibi?

Also, I expect I'll need to provide one in the AM if I am not attacked. I'm prepared for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Vote: Jolt

Why are you so obsessed with Seon? He only has one pokemon left.
    This is where I am getting red flags from. I basically said the same thing before we came up with theories as to how Seon could still be guilty.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 04-17-2011 at 03:21.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

What exactly do I need to defend myself from?

While we're at it -- how would you like it done? Rare, medium, well-done, somewhere in between? Any sides? Beverage?

Before we get to that, though, I need you to tell me one thing. What would you like for the main course?

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    What exactly do I need to defend myself from?
    This is not a good defense.

There is a person or persons attacking us at night-

I just remembered there are 6 of us left. Should two of us die tonight, that likely means you've won, haven't you? You're quite cocky in your non-response to my pressure.

Well, my friend, if I survive the night, it will be your head on the platter tomorrow. I just fear I am too late now.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I would play the *I've only ever been town on the org* card, but that never goes over well.

Or the *You've never nailed me as scum, except when basing it off my behavior from before I was recruited to the mafia faction, I've been town all the other times you've brought out the big guns*, but I fear that would go over even worse than the previous card. Besides, I'm not even sure if that's completely true.

Frankly, I'm terrible at cards, Mr. Pizza Man.

()
    Last edited by Zack; 04-17-2011 at 04:22.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast