Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: [Council of Villains] Mewtwo's Retribution [Concluded]

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Default Re: [Council of Villains] Mewtwo's Retribution [In Game]

Night has ended, but I'm still working on the write-up. It's a big one.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Night 2

As night fell, the trainers scattered themselves throughout the cave once again, each finding their own new safe places to stay. After Joy had related her tale of the night before to the rest of them, not a single trainer dared to sleep in the rooms provided near the arena.

Maxie was in a large, cavernous chamber covered mostly by an underground lake.

It appeared as if he were trying to make his Camerupt evaporate all of the water. Unfortunately, it did not occur to him that even if that were possible, the water vapor would have nowhere to go and condense right back into the lake again. Nonetheless, he was making a valiant effort.

He didn’t even notice when somebody threw a Pokeball with a loud splash into the water. That is, until a huge Gyarados burst up from under the surface.

“Well… that’s not good.”

VS

“Camerupt, use Eruption now!”

Camerupt roared, and the water underneath Gyarados began bubbling fiercely. A massive jet of lava spewed up from underneath the lake, striking Gyarados in the face. If possible, Gyarados looked even more enraged than it normally did.

“Gyarados! Use Hydro Pump!”

The mysterious trainer was shouting orders from the other side of the lake, and was obscured from Maxie’s view. Gyarados launched a huge torrent of water from its mouth, thoroughly dousing both Camerupt and its trainer. Maxie returned his fainted Camerupt as he rose to his feet, and tossed out another Pokemon to battle.

“Go! Cacturne!”

VS

The cactus Pokemon looked far more suited to take on Gyarados than Camerupt was. Gyarados was still raging, however, and did not look ready to quit any time soon.

“Use Pin Missile, Cacturne!”

Holding out its arms, Cacturne began firing a barrage of needles at Gyarados. Gyarados didn’t bother to dodge out of the way, but the needles couldn’t so much as scratch its thick hide. Instead, Gyarados was made more angry by the attack, and began recklessly attacking with Hydro Pump. Cacturne, luckily, was resistant to water-based attacks.

“Alright then… try Needle Arm!”

Gyarados had moved close enough to the edge of the water that it was in reach, so this time, Cacturne swung its prickly arm and smashed it right into Gyarados, who roared in pain this time.

“Gyarados, stay out of reach! Use Hyper Beam!”

Gyarados did as told and moved back, all the while firing a devastating Hyper Beam at Cacturne. The blast took a lot out of Cacturne, but it still managed to stay standing. It couldn’t reach Gyarados, though, and the sea dragon was rearing up for another Hyper Beam. Maxie came up with an ingenious idea.

“Cacturne, just jump onto it with your Needle Arm!”

Cacturne got a running start and leapt over the water, reaching out with both arms to grab Gyarados. The needles on its arms dug into Gyarados’ midsection and allowed Cacturne to stay attached, tearing away at Gyarados’ body while at the same time unreachable by it. Gyarados roared in pain.

“Thrash it! Drown it, now!”

It took little encouragement for Gyarados to begin thrashing wildly. Cacturne held on tight, but was being thrown about like a Safari Ranger riding a Tauros. Soon the Gyarados got the idea to go underwater. When Cacturne was finally thrown off, it landed with a thud next to Maxie, water-logged and unconscious.

“Grr… fine, then. Go, Crobat!”

VS

Unlike Maxie’s previous two Pokemon, Crobat had the advantage of mobility, and Gyarados now looked tired out.

“Use Cross Poison, now!”

Crobat secreted a poisonous substance and spread it throughout its entire body. Then it shot with lightning speed at Gyarados, seemingly passing straight through it. It took a moment for the blow to register with Gyarados, and then its face fell straight into the water, not rising again. The trainer returned it to its Pokeball, and Maxie looked triumphant.

“Hah! That’ll teach you to mess with Team Magma! Bahahaha!”

The hidden trainer, not amused, simply threw out another Pokeball.

VS

The Claydol levitated eerily over the underground lake, staring at Crobat with its six eyes. Crobat was slightly unnerved, but otherwise in top shape.

“Claydol, Psychic attack!”

Claydol’s eyes glowed with psychic energy, and suddenly Crobat was flung out of the air and into the cavern wall by an unseen force. Crobat was winded, but not finished yet.

“Retaliate with Air Slash!”

Crobat zipped past Claydol, and an air current ripped away at Claydol’s body, knocking it around in the air.

“Now use Crunch!”

Now Crobat swooped in close and bit down hard on Claydol’s face. It began dragging it around in the air like a chew toy.

“Yes! Submerge it in the lake!”

With a flinging motion, Crobat launched Claydol from its toothy grip directly into the lake below. Once in the water, Claydol was unable to levitate out of it. Oddly enough, it was like a demented sitting duck. The mysterious trainer cursed inaudibly, then shouted a final order to Claydol before beating a hasty retreat.

“Explosion, now!”

Claydol shone with a bright light and then spontaneously combusted, throwing Maxie and his Crobat to the wall and creating a handy cover of steam for the trainer to escape. When Maxie got up, he found his Crobat hurt, but still ok to battle. Maxie swore to himself never to camp out next to water again. He just couldn’t trust the stuff.

------------------------------------------------

Gold was wandering through a series of narrow corridors when he heard footsteps following behind him.

He quickly turned around and sent out his Mamoswine to defend himself. The huge beast was able to fit in the corridor, but it scarcely had and room to maneuver and dodge a possible attack. Gold was hoping simply to rely on durability and brute force.

“Go, Charizard!”

VS

The flame on Charizard’s tail lit up the small corridor adequately enough to see it clearly. This Charizard looked large, well-trained, and incredibly ferocious. Gold twiddled his thumbs nervously. Clearly Mamoswine’s brand of brute force was not going to work on this thing.

“Fire Blast, now!”

As the trainer behind it had planned, Mamoswine had no room to dodge the devastating inferno that hurtled straight towards it. Mamoswine was struck in the face at point-blank range, and was felled almost instantly.

“Return, Mamoswine… Go, Ampharos!”

VS

“Ampharos, use Thunderbolt!”

Ampharos’ own tail lit up the corridor even further, and then proceeded to launch a powerful electric bolt straight at Charizard. At Gold’s direction, Ampharos flooded the fire dragon with electricity, holding the current open for as long possible. Charizard continued to stand still as it was continually electrocuted.

“Enough playing, around, Charizard. Just finish this thing off already.”

As soon as it was instructed, Charizard gave a great flap of its wings, stood its ground, and instantly broke the electric current. It hardly looked fazed by the super-effective electric attack, and with a devious glint in its eyes it launched another Fire Blast.

“Ampharos! No!”

Though Ampharos was certainly much smaller than Mamoswine and might have even been able to dodge the attack, it knew that Gold was standing right behind it. Acting as a barrier to protect its trainer, Ampharos took the full brunt of the attack, and dropped like a fly afterwards.

Anger and fear burned equally in Gold’s eyes as he stood face to face with this extremely powerful Charizard, awaiting his own fate. The opposing trainer did not look as if to have any intent of ending the battle with just the Pokemon. However, just in time, the three of them heard footsteps and shouting coming from behind the mysterious trainer. The trainer quickly returned Charizard to its ball and sprinted down a side branch, disappearing from view.

“Hello there! Are you alright?”

Nurse Joy looked slightly out of breath from running.

“I heard what sounded like a battle, so I hurried over to help… are your Pokemon ok?”

Gold released his Mamoswine and Ampharos to show Joy.

“They’re scorched… the other guy had a wicked Charizard. He was about to burn me, too.”

“Oh, my! I’m afraid even if I help one of these two they won’t be able to protect you immediately. Why don’t you show me your Scizor?”

Gold sent out his Scizor, who was still weary from the battle the day before, while Joy released her Chansey.

“Chansey! Use Softboiled!”

The Chansey set to work healing up Scizor. In a moment or two it was as if it had never lost.

“There! Scizor should be able to protect you now, just in case… though I wouldn’t send it up against that Charizard.”

“Oh, I know that much already! Thanks, Nurse Joy!”

The two trainers went their separate ways.

-------------------------------------------------

Some time later, Nurse Joy had found herself a wide-open cavern to rest in. She was wary, though, and quickly stirred awake as soon she heard someone else’s footsteps.

“Go, Togekiss!”

The trainer stuck to the shadows as the opponent Pokemon burst out of its ball.

VS

Neither the trainer nor the Magnezone made a sound. Magnezone simply floated ever closer towards Joy and her Togekiss, with a menacing, piercing stare.

“Togekiss, use Double-Edge!”

With blistering speed, Togekiss zipped off the ground and plummeted straight into Magnezone with great force. The attack would have normally inflicted major damage, but Magnezone was made of solid steel. Instead, while Magnezone was thrown off course and crashed into the ground, Togekiss itself looked like it had been hit with a ton of bricks.

“Thunderbolt.”

Magnezone levitated itself magnetically again, and then launched a powerful electric attack straight at Togekiss. Togekiss yelped in pain, and was electrocuted for several long seconds before it managed to break away.

“Togekiss, use Psychic!”

“Thunder Wave.”

Togekiss tried to move Magnezone with psychic power, but it was quickly cut off when Magnezone released a radial electric field that struck and paralyzed it, dropping it to the ground.

“Magnet Bomb.”

Magnezone released a powerful magnetic blast aimed directly at Togekiss. When it struck, Togekiss was launched straight backwards until it crashed into a wall. It then dropped to the ground, unconscious.

“Oh no, Togekiss! Return now… go, Miltank!”

VS

Joy was nervous now. Without Togekiss, Miltank was the last Pokemon capable of defending her… Chansey happened to be more of a lover than a fighter.

“Miltank, use Rollout!”

Miltank got a running start, then leapt forward, rolled up into a ball, and kept rolling, picking up speed. Miltank started to speed around the cavern, avoiding Magnezone at first.

“Careful, Magnezone…”

When Miltank struck, it caught Magnezone from behind. The attack knocked Magnezone to the floor, and Miltank kept rolling, ever faster. Miltank came hurtling back at double speed for another attack.

“Magnet Rise.”

With a sudden burst, Magnezone levitated itself high up into the air, allowing Miltank to pass harmlessly underneath and collide with the wall behind it. Dazed, Miltank slowly started to get back up.

“Thunderbolt! Don’t let it escape.”

Magnezone blasted Miltank with electric current, continuing to electrocute it. Miltank was paralyzed in place and unable to escape. It soon fainted from the pressure. Joy, shaking, returned it to its ball.

“Chansey… do your best.”

VS

Chansey’s cheerful demeanor was replaced with protective anger, but it still didn’t look especially threatening.

“Use Egg Bomb!”

Chansey began to throw fake, explosive eggs at Magnezone, but it was unused to battling and its aim was off. Magnezone easily dodged the attacks and floated close to Chansey until they were face-to-face.

“Thunderbolt.”

A close-range thunderbolt was all it took to send Chansey flying into the wall for a knockout blow. Joy, quivering in fear, returned her last Pokemon. And then… nothing.

The trainer returned Magnezone to its ball, and quietly left without another word. Joy was left dumbstruck.

----------------------------------------

The next morning, all of the trainers returned for the next round of battles. They talked amongst themselves about the next round of attacks until the announcer began to speak.

“Greetings, trainers. Unfortunately, it seems that Nurse Joy no longer has any Pokemon left to battle with, so she has been eliminated from the tournament. The wild Pokemon of Cerulean Cave can be fierce. Perhaps it is wiser merely to stay in the rooms provided for you during the night. Anyway, let the voting begin!”

-----------------------------------------

Competing: 15
    Askthepizzaguy
    autolycus
    B Ray
    Captain Blackadder
    Chimpyang
    Death is yonder
    Double A
    Jolt
    Renata
    Saregona
    Secura
    Seon
    Thefluffyone93
    Yaseikhaan
    Zack

Eliminated: 2
    Yaropolk
    robbiecon

-------------------------------------------

Begin Day 3!

It will end in 24 hours.
    Last edited by Chaotix; 04-07-2011 at 05:21.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks like Togekiss should have used Aura Sphere.

But really, Chaotix, a Charizard beat an Ampharos? I thought you said only types mattered?

Charizard?
    Are we fighting Red himself?
    I can't think of any other people with Charizards, with the possible exception of Lance, the (former) Elite 4 champion of the Kanto Region, and Clair, his cousin, and gym leader of the Blackthorn City gym in the Johto Region.

There might have been a few more dragon users in the various Elite 4s, but its late, so good night.
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think anyone but Red and Lance have used a Charizard in the games.

Maybe Yellow?

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

I had no idea Seon was talking about a real life row, so I just assumed he was using it as an excuse to make up why he had an extra pokemon (Special Objective/Rivalry with another guy which allows him to have special conditions/etc). Since English is not my native language, I can't promise to completely understand the idiosincracy of every phrase in context.

Nevertheless, I still don't buy it.

Vote: Seon
    BLARGH!

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Vote: Double A

I can tell you're interested in the game. So, vote. Take a risk, annoy someone.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Evening all. Just having a look through the thread to see what is what.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

I survive another day, scum. Neener neener. Thanks robbie.

Who is maxie?

I got this PM from B_ray two minutes prior to the first night write-up.

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray
    In regards to the on-going Pokemon trainer tournament in the depths of Cerulean Cave, I wanted to congratulate you on an extremely impressive win! Also, I wondered if I could interest you in a personal "alliance" of sorts. With only two of your Pokemeon left, the rest of our competitors will likely try to vote you into the next match as soon as possible, in an effort to eliminate you before they have to face the fearsome Mamoswine themselves. Though I'm only one man, I can assure you that I'll do my best to keep others from voting you into a match before the final round, if you can prosime the same for me.

Do consider my offer, and congratulations again!
    Me being who I am, naturally my little bat ears perked up. Ooh, flattery and a promise of an alliance that would protect a putative mafia B_ray from the lynch while hurting them not at all as regards me? (I wasn't going to be lynched anyway after diving in headfirst on day one; and knowing my toughest Pokemon, they'd have very good odds of taking me out at night if they were to try.) So I was what you might say, interested. I was also under the impression the PM had been sent after the day had started, with B_ray drawing a vote almost right off the bat, which sort of added to things. (I see now it was actually sent *before* the day started, which if anything is even more interesting. How did B_ray know either of us would still be alive?)

Anyway, while I was still mulling over that, I got this PM from robbiecon:
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiecon
    I could potentially heal your Scizor, as I am Nurse Joy. But it is a one-off healing ability.
    I replied that I would appreciate it if he did; robbiecon's return PM, while not committing fully, was encouraging that he would. (Obviously, he did, and it means the mafia will have to attack me one more time than otherwise. Good timing.) However, meanwhile in the thread, robbiecon had suggested I might fight again, I replied to B_ray stating I was OK with a one day alliance to be renegotiated as needed, and by the way, had he noticed that robbiecon was already after me to fight again? robbie being an almost dead-certain innocent at that point, I was curious to see what B_ray would do. He did this, in public response to robbie:

Oh come now, she's already proven herself. Trying to eliminate the weakened players first? I disapprove.
    So, more flattery of sorts, plus going after robbie without actually placing a vote, even though the vote he did have (on Seon) he said was only random.

All of this together (plus my near-death last night coincidentally upon the expiration of our cease-fire agreement), would probably have me voting for B_ray today, except for this from last night:

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post
    Are we even sure that there is such thing as a scum role in this game?
    It almost seems *too* obvious as a post from a mafia.

Regardless, if I don't bring this up now, than I may never be able to, since a lone Scizor doesn't seem very likely to survive against whatever the mafia have left.

Blog Entries

Vote: Jolt for the following reasons.

A: He did not vote in Day 1
    B: He jumped on my bandwagon.
    C: to try and kill me again today, he kept on mentioning things like his previous game and whatever to strengthen his case, also looking like a perfect good townie in the process.
    D: because he's mean and I am in an argumentative mood.

I personally would like to see a vote:B-Ray- Seon matchup, based on Seon's secret fourth pokemon and Renata's interactions with B-Ray.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Protecting the border fort Member Chimpyang's Avatar

Vote : B ray

Smarming never helps ;P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Vote: Double A

I can tell you're interested in the game. So, vote. Take a risk, annoy someone.
    You can't pressure me into annoying people! That is a gift I have received, and you can't force greatness. Especially not greatness as great as me.
    Last edited by Double A; 04-06-2011 at 22:12.

Blog Entries

I forgot to add my OMGUS vote: Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    I personally would like to see a vote:B-Ray- Seon matchup, based on Seon's secret fourth pokemon and Renata's interactions with B-Ray.
    That is most likely a "death" sentence for Seon, given he has only one pokemon against B_ray's three. If that's what you want, fine, but you should be clear what you're voting for.

vote: Seon

It's early enough in the game that I think we should vote for someone other than Seon. He's incredibly weak as is, and at this point in the game a large part of the lynches are about learning what pokemon the target possesses.

Vote: B_Ray

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    That is most likely a "death" sentence for Seon, given he has only one pokemon against B_ray's three. If that's what you want, fine, but you should be clear what you're voting for.

vote: Seon
    That's not nice :(.

Unvote, Vote: Double A.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    I forgot to add my OMGUS vote: Pizza
    That vote was not very risky. All you're doing is attracting my attention more, and you already have it and my vote.

If I could vote for you twice I would, but I cannot.

you can't force greatness
    What gives, Double A? Your batteries run out?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

That vote was not very risky. All you're doing is attracting my attention more, and you already have it and my vote.

If I could vote for you twice I would, but I cannot.

What gives, Double A? Your batteries run out?
    My particular brand of crazy awesome is the spur-of-the-moment kind. It might help if you gave me some spurs, but I don't think a moment would help.

I don't really know what you mean by risking a vote, unless it's something like unvote, vote: Diy

Hello

Double A is indeed a type of battery, but it is in case his username.

Your silly.

Vote: Askthepizzaman

Quote Originally Posted by Saregona View Post
    Hello

Your silly.

You're not only defending scummy Double A, but attacking his attacker?

Unvote, Vote: Saregona

Hello

Your silly.

Although your vote frustrates my nostrils, my computer is in fact less spicy as a result.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Although your vote frustrates my nostrils, my computer is in fact less spicy as a result.
    I say, what madness is this that I see before mine very eyes?

Do you have tiger blood running through your veins?
    Or are you taking that new "sheen" drug?

BUT BEHOLD!
    I HAVE THE ANSWER TO LIFE!

Vote: Saregona

Your name reminds me of Sargento's, so go make some cheese for persnickety people!
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    Vote: Jolt for the following reasons.

A: He did not vote in Day 1
    B: He jumped on my bandwagon.
    C: to try and kill me again today, he kept on mentioning things like his previous game and whatever to strengthen his case, also looking like a perfect good townie in the process.
    D: because he's mean and I am in an argumentative mood.
    A. I did vote on Day 1. I voted on Yaseikhaan.
    B. A bandwagon which put forth the fact that you are no ordinary townie. And your later explanations have been quite "short" of explaining anything at all.
    C. I mentioned a previous game, upon which I draw my experience on how to deal with mafia tactics and mafia tells. That is actually positive. And the underwritten part basically confirms from your point of view, that I am being a perfectly normal townie with good rationale. Thank you. :)
    D. Sorry. :hugs:
    BLARGH!

Blog Entries

Unvote, Vote B-ray

Pre-emptive strike!

Blog Entries

Hello

Your silly.

AA are my initials.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    You're not only defending scummy Double A, but attacking his attacker?

Unvote, Vote: Saregona
    How am I being scummy, exactly?

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

I'm going to vote: Saregona.

What was with the popping up twice in the early hours stating that Seon needed lynching?

I can't tell if this is just naivete or something more sinister, but I think you warrant further scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    a lone Scizor doesn't seem very likely to survive against whatever the mafia have left.
    Never underestimate Scizor, it's capable of tearing a full team of six apart by itself. :P

Although your vote frustrates my nostrils
    Tosa! :3
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Seon Me no likey people who survive lost duels.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Secura;2053290284
    Never underestimate Scizor, it's capable of tearing a full team of six apart by itself. :P[/quote

Considering I was warned off Charizard, who the scumbags are known to have, let's just say I am not optimistic. :)

I dont like Saregona's vote either.
    unvote, vote Saregona

This reduces Seon's vote count by one, for those who are keeping track of such things.

Tosa! :3

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast