Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Org Issues and Improvements

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Default Re: Org Issues and Improvements

Works fine for me. Try clearing your browser's cache. Also, do you have any script blockers installed?
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by therother View Post
    Works fine for me. Try clearing your browser's cache. Also, do you have any script blockers installed?
    Well, it works for me as well now :). Thanks anyway.

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Glad it's sorted.

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel Member Kival's Avatar

Is it correct that you updated SSL so that the security problem due to the BUG in the older open SSL versions? According to https://lastpass.com/heartbleed/?h=forums.totalwar.org the .org might have been affected but should be safe now. Can you comment on it? I'd like to change my password but there's no point to it if you would still be affected by the BUG. Thank you!
    Last edited by Kival; 04-10-2014 at 16:09. Reason: Clarification

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

The forums don't use ssl of any type, so we are unaffected by this bug. I should point out that though that while your passwords are encrypted on the server there is no hardcore security on either the forums or the server. I would strongly suggest you don't reuse any important password for your org account, particularly if that account is associated with your Org email address.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel Member Kival's Avatar

Thank you for your information. I was indeed somewhat confused that lastpass mentioned the .org as possibly affected while I didn#t remember any use of a https protocol. But of course I could've forgotten it or might have missed something. I also appreciate your advice but I'm not using any passphrase more than once anyway.
    Last edited by Kival; 04-11-2014 at 12:19.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

I like the new design !

Member thankful for this post:

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is actually an oldish one. Just that it was never set as the default even though it is the R2TW themed one.

But I am glad you like it.

If you want to change, at the bottom of the forum whilst viewing the forum-index you can explore the choices easily.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

I'm browsing the forum on google/mozilla and I noticed that I can't watch YT videos on full-screen. That's an issue in the majority of the forums I visit, but not in all of them (e.g. not in twcenter).

Is it possible to improve it? It's a minor issue, of course, but in some cases, like watching TW trailers or historical videos, I'd think that it could be proven useful.

Try now.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Excellent. Thank you for the quick response.

Blog Entries

I think therother is an artificial intelligence who resides here. No one knows who he is, but he is really good with the technical stuff.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Members thankful for this post (3):

Apologies for the recent downtime, it was caused by a domain issue that's now been resolved. For most people it should resolve itself almost immediately but for others it may take a day or two.

Both myself and another member have tried to change our avatar to a custom one, under 96 pixels and under 20kb, but when trying to save the change, it says the avatar is unable to be saved.

Sorry about that, permissions issue on the server. Try now.

Visor 

Works now, thank you!

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Hi, I'm having trouble with the timer usedhere.

I'm transcribing a copy of the code and how it's rendered:

[TIMER=9/29/15 1:00 PM EDT; Day 2 Concluded][/TIMER]

All I get is ’Day 2 Concluded’. Am I the only one getting that?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Hi, I'm having trouble with the timer usedhere.

I'm transcribing a copy of the code and how it's rendered:

[TIMER=9/29/15 1:00 PM EDT; Day 2 Concluded][/TIMER]

All I get is ’Day 2 Concluded’. Am I the only one getting that?
    It's a browser issue I think. Chrome shows it fine for me, Firefox and Edge doesn't.

It's possible that the skins are interacting with this as well.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

The date needs to be entered in YYYY format as although some browsers will process 15 as 2015 (eg chrome), some won't. Best to stick with the full format as in the bbcode description. Anyhow, I've edited the code in the Mafia thread.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Hmmm, I see. I tried changing the skins as was suggested in the thread but it didn't have any effect but to make the forum suddenly look horrible.

Many thanks!
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by therother View Post
    The date needs to be entered in YYYY format as although some browsers will process 15 as 2015 (eg chrome), some won't. Best to stick with the full format as in the bbcode description. Anyhow, I've edited the code in the Mafia thread.
    Ah, it was my mistake then. Thanks for the information!
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Guys, did anyone optimise the forum? Because the pages load incredibly quick, especially after I post a reply or I log in.
    Perhaps, I am imagining it, but in case I don't, congratulations on the person responsible for the optimisation, it's the fastest site I navigate through..

Blog Entries

It started loading a lot faster after the server move a couple of months ago on my end.

I keep having a thread marked as with posts unread, both in my subscriptions page and the regular Gameroom forum page, even though no one's posted in several days. It's this one in particular. Can anyone help?

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    I keep having a thread marked as with posts unread, both in my subscriptions page and the regular Gameroom forum page, even though no one's posted in several days. It's this one in particular. Can anyone help?
    That was me. Mods have an option to bump a thread without posting in it (it staying unread is a side-effect). Figured it was a way to keep it in people's minds and hopefully get you some more sign-ups.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Oh! Then leave it like that for now, it'll remind me to send out PMs to people when I have some time, otherwise it'll slip my mind.

the forum timer that displays on posts seems to be a couple minutes behind (eg right now it says "The time now is 01:59." when it is actually 2:01)

though the [timer] function uses the correct time

Thanks, should be reset.

Default 2 problems and the same

Hello!

I'm getting 2 different problems very similar lately. When I try to post something, I get one of these messages:

The submission can not proceed because the token has expired, try reloading the page usually but not always my post is gone, reloading the page usually do not solve the issue, sometimes it does. Reloading the entire thread the same.

The exact behavior with different message: The submission could not proceed because you were logged in since the previous page was loaded. Please reload the window.

How can I prevent this errors to happen?
    returning to the shadows.....

Default Re: 2 problems and the same

Sounds like a cookie issue. It is possible you were logged out before you submitted the post. If so, to prevent this, make sure the "Remember Me?" checkbox is ticked when logging in otherwise the forum will log you out after 1000 seconds of inactivity.

I've just noticed that Frontpage and Morbid don't check that box by default. I've corrected that now.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast