Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Org Issues and Improvements

Default Re: 2 problems and the same

Hi therother! But I do not think that is the case, I'm always logged in, more yet when playing mafia games :(
    returning to the shadows.....

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

How often does this happen? Also, which style do you use? Does this happen more often when you've had the reply window open for a while?

Try logging out and closing all open forum tabs, and then clearing your browser's cache of files and deleting any cookies from forums.totalwar.org. Or you could use another browser or one that uses private/incognito mode. Then log back in and see if that resolves things.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Just happened again twice, this time around the token ones, I posted a couple minutes before normally, had a reply tried to answer with a single line, so less than a minute with the reply window open and dang! Refreshed the page, and again the same, went back to the subforum and reopened the thread and was solved.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	right now.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	19152

Will try the suggestions and come back if solved!

Quote Originally Posted by therother View Post
    How often does this happen? Also, which style do you use? Does this happen more often when you've had the reply window open for a while?

Try logging out and closing all open forum tabs, and then clearing your browser's cache of files and deleting any cookies from forums.totalwar.org. Or you could use another browser or one that uses private/incognito mode. Then log back in and see if that resolves things.
    Apparently that solved the issue! Thanks!

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Great, thanks for letting me know.

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

:(

It's back! Annoyingly enough...

Hmm. Clearing your cache/switching browsers didn't resolve the issue?

How about switching styles?

eg https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053725751

Apparently it solved the issue before, I hadn't an issue till yesterday, went back and did everything again and was fine till now, I have the message in the other tab... and now I'm wondering if this post is going to work

Edit... It worked....

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Org Issues and Improvements

I have a problem on Chrome - when I quote a post and go in the Quick Reply box, if I try to type after I press ENTER to go beneath the initial quote, it won't let me write.

If I continue after the QUOTE wrap tags, it lets me write normally.

Any thoughts?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Not important, just a weird glitch.

When I browse the forums, it says that the last post in the Backroom was made yesterday (5 March) at 23:28 by Beskar in the Iran thread. An information which seems accurate when I click every thread there.

However, when I browse the sub-forum (Backroom), it says that the last post in the Iran thread was made again by Beskar at 23:28, but in 4 March, not yesterday. In reality, no posts were made that day in the thread in question.
    Not sure if that glitch has affected other threads or if it is related to the thread's closure.

edit:
    Now that more recents posts have been added to the Backroom, the glitched moved elsewhere.
    Namely, when I browse the Backroom, it shows that the last post made by Beskar in the Iran thread was created in 4 March, not the 5th. Previously, it displayed the correct date.

Still, when I browse the thread, the information shown is accurate.
    Last edited by Crandar; 03-06-2017 at 17:56.

@Beskar debumped the thread.

Member thankful for this post:

@Askthepizzaguy

When attempting to go into Advanced mode quoting a post, I received a browser error several times, saying that suspicious activity was blocked. I got around it by cutting in only what I needed in Quickpost; there were no errors with Advanced mode in that case.

The original post.

My post with the quoted element.

The browser error.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-05-30 19_12_38-forums.totalwar.org.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	19671

Latest browser version, Windows 7 SP1.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I see an announcement mentioning this thread, but I am unable to access that thread. Could it be I don't have enough posts to my name?

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    I see an announcement mentioning this thread, but I am unable to access that thread. Could it be I don't have enough posts to my name?
    It is an old announcement. But you should be able to access it now.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Just so everyone can see - I uploaded some new media, some good videos to check out, hopefully they will appear on the sidebar soon.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

And adding to my previous post... everyone is encouraged to add new media and to create a library of sorts, including of your OWN YouTube videos on TotalWar!

Proud

Been to:

Does VB support Instagram embedding?

Proud

Been to:

No but I've added a mod to let you do so, eg [igm]p/f-gSfFyp7c[/igm]:

Fantastic, thank you therother!

Proud

Been to:

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Congratulations on the fast and effective response, but I predict that people might mistake the [img] and [igm] tags.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Good point. I think we are stuck with it though.

Earlier today I register here and the first thing I notice was. Where is the "Login" button?

I use the default forum theme and the "Login" button is almost invisible due for dark text color, I mean it's hard to spot it at the top to the right.

It would be awesome if that could be changed, let say change the text from dark text color to white text color for the "Login" button.
    Last edited by LdaV; 12-12-2018 at 19:30.

Beskar, the Instagram connector does not work for some reason - can you please check it out?

IGM tags in fact.

Proud

Been to:

Seems to work ok:

Posts from Three Kingdoms section seem to not appear on the right panel "Threads With New Replies" list.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Should be fixed now.

Member thankful for this post:

Stazi 

Member Member Asteroids Champion, Run N Gun Champion, Hook Line & Sinker Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Street Racer Champion, Pipe Mania Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Boxteroid Champion, Spider Jump Champion, Asteroids 2k3 Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Desert Battle Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Burger Time Champion, Bug Juice Champion, Plastic Saucer Champion, Quick Shot Champion, Shuriken Challenge Champion, James Bomb Champion, Gary Golf Champion, Red Beard Champion, Crazy Cars Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Space Runner Champion, Submarine Champion, Space Rescue Champion, Roller Blaze Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, Radial Snake Champion, Kirby's Star Scramble Champion, Chicken Champion, Shootout Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Space Hunter Champion, Jail Break Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Mouse Kill Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Takion Champion, Jet Pac Stan Champion, Warthog Launch Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Iceberg Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion, Shoot The Gatso Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Fall Down Champion, Invasion 2196 Champion, Frogger Champion, Skeleton Park Champion, Slack Man Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Duck Tracker Champion, Bunny Grab Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, jetpacker Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Lift Champion, Brighton Bounty Champion, V:force Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Tiger Moth Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Rotation Champion, Jack's Bar Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Ninja Turtles 2 Champion, Ping Champion, Killer Bob Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Battle of Helms Deep Champion, Life Bouy Champion, Ice Racer Champion, Ghost 2000 Champion, Its Mine Champion, Home Run Rally Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Homeland Defense Champion, KF 9000 Champion, Stick Avalanche Champion, Paintball Champion, What-A-Shot Champion, Reactor Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Mars Patrol Champion, Starcastle Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Sonny Sunshine Champion, Home Run Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Pin Headz Champion, Fun Santa Champion, Mission Mars Champion, Tontie Champion ConjurerDragon's Avatar

In the download section in the description of the Gnome Editor
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local....php?catid=168
    it mentions the needed vb6runtimes which are linked to
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...hp?linkid=1016
    but which are not available:
    The requested URL /mizu/mizus/files/files/Windows/VBRun60sp4.exe was not found on this server.

Thanks for bring that to our attention. That's a really old bit of software and we don't have a link to it any more. I've edited the description to reflect this.

I also don't think it's needed for modern versions of Windows: the Gnome Editor works ok on three of my Windows 10 machines, although it possible that I've already installed the libraries that it needs.

Member Member Asteroids Champion, Run N Gun Champion, Hook Line & Sinker Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Street Racer Champion, Pipe Mania Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Boxteroid Champion, Spider Jump Champion, Asteroids 2k3 Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Desert Battle Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Burger Time Champion, Bug Juice Champion, Plastic Saucer Champion, Quick Shot Champion, Shuriken Challenge Champion, James Bomb Champion, Gary Golf Champion, Red Beard Champion, Crazy Cars Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Space Runner Champion, Submarine Champion, Space Rescue Champion, Roller Blaze Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, Radial Snake Champion, Kirby's Star Scramble Champion, Chicken Champion, Shootout Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Space Hunter Champion, Jail Break Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Mouse Kill Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Takion Champion, Jet Pac Stan Champion, Warthog Launch Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Iceberg Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion, Shoot The Gatso Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Fall Down Champion, Invasion 2196 Champion, Frogger Champion, Skeleton Park Champion, Slack Man Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Duck Tracker Champion, Bunny Grab Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, jetpacker Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Lift Champion, Brighton Bounty Champion, V:force Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Tiger Moth Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Rotation Champion, Jack's Bar Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Ninja Turtles 2 Champion, Ping Champion, Killer Bob Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Battle of Helms Deep Champion, Life Bouy Champion, Ice Racer Champion, Ghost 2000 Champion, Its Mine Champion, Home Run Rally Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Homeland Defense Champion, KF 9000 Champion, Stick Avalanche Champion, Paintball Champion, What-A-Shot Champion, Reactor Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Mars Patrol Champion, Starcastle Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Sonny Sunshine Champion, Home Run Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Pin Headz Champion, Fun Santa Champion, Mission Mars Champion, Tontie Champion ConjurerDragon's Avatar

The link to the files given in that post
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...=1#post1921448
    is broken.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ConjurerDragon View Post
    The link to the files given in that post
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...=1#post1921448
    is broken.
    Nothing to do with the Org, unfortunately for you as it is a rapidshare link. The person would need to upload the files elsewhere.
    Link removed to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by Beskar; 04-14-2019 at 22:49.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast