Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Crusades HS: The Levantine Struggle (completed, winner: Thanatos Eclipse)

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Default Kingdoms Crusades HS: The Levantine Struggle (completed, winner: Thanatos Eclipse)

The Levantine Struggle

This is a hotseat campaign in Kingdoms: Crusades with the 1.5 patch, for 5 human players as follows:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. Principality of Antioch: Thanatos Eclipse (formerly Tristan de Castelreng)
    2. Kingdom of Jerusalem: Myth (formerly GeneralHankerchief) RIP turn 55
    3. Byzantine Empire: Cecil XIX
    4. Turks: phonicsmonkey (formerly Ezilkannan, Quirl, Tosa Inu)
    5. Egypt: Nightbringer RIP turn 23

The rules are as follows:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - Players shall post a link to the save game in the main game thread and also send a private message to the next player in line to alert them that it is their turn. The save game file should follow the naming convention LS-turn number-faction (eg. LS-1-Antioch)

- Players have 48 hours to play each turn, with extensions granted at request. The GM will skip a players' turn if the deadline is missed with no communication and a sub allied to the player cannot be found.

- All battles between human-controlled factions are to be auto-resolved

- No spies may be used to open the gates of settlements or forts.

- Siege equipment may only be used to open gates as follows: Ballista can open nothing, Catapults can open wooden walls, Trebuchets can open stone walls.

- No crusades or jihads can be called or joined by a human player.

- No destroying buildings for cash under any circumstances.

- No fighting losing defensive battles on purpose in a besieged city, just to deny the invader the sacking option.

- If an army is beaten in battle by a faction that is after them in the turn order that army may not move on the following turn.

- An army which is beaten in battle may not be attacked on the following turn (because it is immobilized either by the game mechanic or by the rule above) by any faction unless it has retreated to a fort or settlement.

- No exploits, including (but not limited to): no merchant forts, no surround-and-destroy, no tribute deals that deliberately put you into debt greater than 10k, no deliberate diplomatic exchange of territories just to get a free garrison, no tribute deals with or monetary gifts to the Pope, no attacking ships in ports.

If a player is in doubt about whether an in-game action is permissible he shall consult the GM who will make a ruling. Players are requested to compete in a good spirit and use their judgment and sense of fairness at all times.

If a player is suspected of cheating, please make a private report to the GM and avoid making a public accusation or resorting to flaming in the game thread or elsewhere.

The first save game file is here and Antioch is up.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Myth; 07-27-2012 at 22:31.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Default Re: Kingdoms Crusades Hotseat: The Levantine Struggle

Will play this tonite (my time)...
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Out of curiosity, how does this rule:

no tribute deals that deliberately put you into debt greater than 10k
    ...help the player? I think I have an idea but confirmation from somebody who is actually smart about these things would be helpful.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Off hand, I believe being in debt can help give your generals good traits. Although I'm assuming there's something else that makes it big enough to ban, of course.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

I would assume it is to prevent a player from boosting an allies economy too much before dying. As in, you have one province left, and are going to die very soon, so you make a deal to give your ally 100,000,000 florins each turn. They actually get that much and you go into that much dept.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    I would assume it is to prevent a player from boosting an allies economy too much before dying. As in, you have one province left, and are going to die very soon, so you make a deal to give your ally 100,000,000 florins each turn. They actually get that much and you go into that much dept.
    Exactly.

The defense of the Levant has begun !! Dieu le veut !!
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

hey guys, should I start an in-character diplomacy thread for this game? I'm thinking it could be set at Jerusalem, Constantinople, Cairo or Baghdad - let me know what you think.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    hey guys, should I start an in-character diplomacy thread for this game? I'm thinking it could be set at Jerusalem, Constantinople, Cairo or Baghdad - let me know what you think.

As for the location, that's up to you. I'd obviously prefer Jerusalem, but this isn't coming from the most unbiased source.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

I would vote for Constantinople, I like it the best and it is a city known for political intrigue.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Blog Entries

Byzzies are up:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=205&id=8718

At this time the Kingdom of Jerusalem is publicly claiming Damascus and that other rebel settlement just to the south of it (whose name is escaping me at the moment, curse being awake at 4am).

Blog Entries

Last edited by _Tristan_; 02-17-2011 at 04:09.

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Blog Entries

I'll get to this tomorrow, Edmund Burke isn't exactly the most readable guy around.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

I will do this sometimes today... sorry for the delay I'm away from home

EDIT : ... If I can download the save... Which I can't at the moment because the link points to the uploader and not the file...
    Last edited by _Tristan_; 02-20-2011 at 11:03.

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

it should be in the pbm 2011 files, LS Antioch t3

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

hey guys I had an idea I want to run by you.

What if I used my admin rights to access your save games and produce a kind of composite AAR of the game, including campaign maps, screenshots, in-game stats etc?

I would of course lag this by an appropriate number of turns in order to avoid compromising the competitive nature of the game (would 5 turns be enough?) and if you like I could check with the players on individual pieces of content / information to make sure everything is ok before posting.

The idea would be to produce a record of the game that could be enjoyed by the players and also by any spectators.
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 02-21-2011 at 05:38.

Blog Entries

I'd like this idea very much. As a matter of fact, the only reason why I haven't done any writeups for this is precisely the reason you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    I'd like this idea very much. As a matter of fact, the only reason why I haven't done any writeups for this is precisely the reason you mentioned.
    Yeah I find the story threads in hotseats only tend to get going once the initial turns are out of the way. Of course we can still have a story thread where you guys can do your own writeups.

I could then link to them in my 'turn-by-turn' which would be more of a commentary-free account of the state of the world at each end turn... posted in the first post of this thread.

Blog Entries

I too think this is a good idea.

I support this 100%

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast