Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Tosa Cup: 1v1 Org Tournement - Begins 7th May

Blog Entries

Default The Tosa Cup: 1v1 Org Tournement - Rules & Information

The Org proudly presents the first 1v1 Org tourney:

The Tosa Cup, sponsored by

The Tournament will start on 7th May around 19/20 GMT and we will play as many rounds as possible until 03:00 GMT. Further matches will be played on 8th May, to hopefully complete the tournament. If more time is required after 8th May, more matches will be held on the following weekend, 14th & 15th May.

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN.
    To register, read this thread.

The prizes are a signed Collector's Edition of Shogun 2 and a T-Shirt, courtesy of Creative Assembly, and a $50 game of their choice from any direct download service, courtesy of The Org.

Rules:
    1. All matches will be a best of 3 event. The first two battle will be played on the Lowlands map. If a 3rd battle is needed, it will be played on the Ricefields map.
    2. All battles played at 14k .
    3. Medium unit size.
    4. Weather: spring
    5. No artillery.
    6. No time limit
    7. Veterans allowed, no restrictions.
    8. All player must save their replays after every match.
    9. If you are not online to play at the proper time, you will forfeit.
    10. no key buildings

Maximum 256 players. Players will be divided into groups of 8. There will be Gamemasters available to oversee all groups, assist players with questions and organization, and review replays in the event of a dispute. Each Gamemaster will be responsible for a maximum of 8 groups.

Important: If you register, leave the Steam name you will be playing with in this thread! If you do not leave your Steam name, you might not get found and this will end in an automatically loss! Read this thread for information about how to link your Steam ID directly into your Org profile.
    Important: Save the replay for EACH match you play. Be sure to save the replay while you are still in the battle screen, not after you leave the battle screen as that can cause a bug.
    Last edited by TinCow; 05-07-2011 at 05:19.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Tosa Cup: 1v1 Org Tournement - Begins 7th May

Awesome! Looks like I've got plenty of time to practice, too...

6. no woodcamping ???????????...flawed

What game?

where do I register?

and whats 14 k, medium funds?

Here's my steam name:Marshall Of The Empire(TTC)NTW.
    Last edited by Marshall Louis-Nicolas Davout; 04-16-2011 at 17:33.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Takeda Shogunate View Post
    What game?

where do I register?
    Registration is not yet open, but will probably begin tomorrow. The tournament will use the Org's automated tournament system, which will assign all of the matches and allow self-reporting of losses (wins cannot be self-reported to prevent cheating). Once the tournament has been set up in there, announcements will be made all over the place (in here, on general forums, on front page, on Steam, etc.) and you can join simply by clicking a button.

Matches will be played over Steam, so it will be important for the other players to know your Steam name. We are currently trying to find a way to automatically link a person's forum account to their steam account, but that ability is not yet in place so, in the meantime, list your steam name in this thread. We will keep a list in the first post of all user names and their Steam names, so that players can find each other easily. I am also currently working on a comprehensive tutorial for the Ort tournament system, which should be up not latter than tomorrow, possibly today. That should answer any questions that anyone has about how to use the automated system.

We would be, of course, very grateful for all publicity you guys can give to this tournament. There are many people who might be interested in playing who are not on the Org forums. So, let people know about it when you're chatting on Steam or other TW forums. The final prizes have not yet been decided upon, but at a minimum the winner will get a $50 Steam game of their choice. Feel free to mention that when promoting it to others.

A far more detailed announcement and advertizing campaign will begin once the rules have been finalized and the tournament has been setup within the automated system.

I like all the rules cept this no woodcamping rule thats going to be really touch and go in debates and what does that mean all games should be played on rice fields and all armies must march into the open for the game to begin? O_o that will be quite boring..
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 04-17-2011 at 02:05.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So View Post
    I like all the rules cept this no woodcamping rule thats going to be really touch and go in debates and what does that mean all games should be played on rice fields and all armies must march into the open for the game to begin? O_o that will be quite boring..
    Yes, we speaking about that. Same thoughts for us. Im just not sure how to work around. I see so many people sitting in woods... But you are right, in the end its maybe best, to take it out and live with it.

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Sounds good.

I will have to put my name down, when I get back next week. Even if I dont know yet, if I will be able to fight on the day when the tournament is set, or if I will just be an easy win for my opponent. But if it is just to honour Tosa, I will sign up.

Any retainer rules Mike?
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sp00n View Post
    Any retainer rules Mike?
    What you think about?

Not yet, but we got 3 more weeks to change things, if they are reasonable. Whats in your mind Chris?

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

hmm how bout no more than 1 negative retainer? other than that I don't see retainers really changing the balance. For the most part people already fill 2 spots with the discount ones, then some stat boost ones and maybe a negative one. Plus the GG takes up one spot too. So if you take GG and discount retainers thats 3 spots you're using out of 5.

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

The rules look good to me. I don't think you need rules for any retainers, none are over powered that I've experienced so far, just many are underpowered and don't carry that weight of 200koku a slot.

Blog Entries

We thought about retainer, but I also couldnt think about anything which need a rule or should set somehow. There are only a handful retainer worth to take and nothing really overpowered at all. We tried to keep it simple and ensure the maximum of fun for everyone.

With the bad ladder, this is the first real competition. If you see anything what could be improved, dont hold back and post it. Every good idea or hint is welcome.

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

no key buildings right?

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AggonyKing View Post
    no key buildings right?
    No buildings, I will add that info, thanks!

The only one thats stupidly overpowered is the -5 to spear def.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How about weather?

errr .. why not classic?
    So everyone has the same chance of winning...
    Mizukage of the Shinobi Clan

You got the same chance of winning, if youre level 10. Classic is a whole different game, in my opinion its a step back. I dont care about restriction options like veterans, but the avatar general already is a whole improvement which increases tactics so much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEofKingWarman8 View Post
    How about weather?
    Good point. I will add that info.

errr .. why not classic?
    So everyone has the same chance of winning...
    As Abu said already, its different game and I know for sure that there are many player out there who want to play with their hardearned veterans.
    Both systems should have its place, classic is nice to play and have its advances, while playing with vets also provides fun.

The 2 games on Lowlands: are they played once as attacking side and once as defending side, because that would basicially negate "woodcamping" since as attacking you should just be forced to attack no matter what the other guy is doing. That means you cant just sit in your wood and camp and wait for the other guy to come if you are playing as the attacking side.
    CITO MORS RUIT

Hello all, this is nizam from community of Total War Turkey.

Game still very buggy but i wanna join that event. Seems good and there will be blood........ :)

Quote Originally Posted by CanCritter View Post
    6. no woodcamping ???????????...flawed
    I agree. Btw there must be rule about bowman and bow cavalry.

Respect to myth Wolf!

It is better to play the tournament with fellow classic battles, all people do not have time to play in the avatar and have so many veterans, my opinion is that you play in classic mode so that all people have the same opportunity, I think it's best promote classic battle of a lifetime, my opinion is mates, greetings

Classic battles are a bad idea.. lvling vets and using them accordingly is part of the game..
    I only don't like that it is large fund and not ultra.. Cause in matchmaking, all meaningful battles are ultra.. Thus, most 10 star players adjust their vets to 10 star games..
    Last edited by Jevanko; 04-27-2011 at 13:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevanko View Post
    Classic battles are a bad idea.. lvling vets and using them accordingly is part of the game..
    I only don't like that it is large fund and not ultra.. Cause in matchmaking, all meaningful battles are ultra.. Thus, most 10 star players adjust their vets to 10 star games..
    Jajajajajaja .. how to play classic battles bad idea friend? .. classic battle is always played an friend .. another question is that you do not like the classic battles, but is not a bad idea XD

kenshin made a good point there . it's definitely must be played on the classic battle mode . other way means that you give an unfair advantage to the players which playing the game more than the others . you are saying that there is no difference between the players which has ten stars . but what about the players who has no time to gain more stars and retainers . it's just like telling them 'stay out of here my friend , and won't come till you spent your time with your avatar and gained more stars' . so , don't tell me that there is no difference , in fact , there is . for example , i've stopped playing with avatar after gained eight stars and don't play it anymore but only good old classic battles . now , shall i spend my time to gain stars and retainers to get equal condition with a ten star ? . .
    frankly speaking now , i'm telling these because it doesn't look like a limited and small competiton but a great tournament of the whole community of total war . if it's suppose to be a tournament to learn who's playing better , then it must be played on the classic mode . regards . . .
    Last edited by ilhan; 04-30-2011 at 05:37.

Its fine in its current format it will be a tournament with the current most active and higher ranked players. adjustments can be made to further tournaments but somone has to dip their toe in the new water ca have set for us instead of going for the buggy classic mode optiion which may not even be patched in the big patch due next week.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

bug ? what bug ? i've played about 70 - 80 classic battles and never saw a bug or something like that . .

Looking forward to the tournament.. Will be my first:P..
    Anyone wanna do some practice games? I'm not used to playing vs. ppl that are decent in large fund size..

And classic battle mode is just really really bad idea.. How can you let ppl play classic mode in a tournament when everyone is used to their veterans and playing with them and its part of the game, adding another dimension, to rank up your vets well..
    Last edited by Jevanko; 05-01-2011 at 23:11.

Blog Entries

Its the first tourney, we collect experience, we might do some mistakes and the next one can be better. There is no limitation to just normal tourneys, we can do also classic tourneys at some point. The base idea we had, was to get a tourney going with something many people playing online like.

I personal like classic as well, I played some games and its interesting, its different.

The major problem I have with classic, are the colors. In classic you have huge problem with red (to take an example) there are 3 or 4 red clans and once you see the bunched up armies, with same color.... yeah, you can imagine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast