Thread: idea about increasing imersion

Default idea about increasing imersion

i have a question and two ideas.
    first can you build buildings in a city either throught events or using the guild system?
    eb was breathtaking but had a limitation that every total war game has. you conquer a town,you make the city a client city and you cant build their own buildings.that makes cities life less and if the city you captured was undeveloped(have few buildings) this is way much more worse
    so i have two ideas to correct this

1 make local buildings buildable throught event or guild system. creating a building will cost a lot of money
    2 make all buildings not factional but like resource or wonder buildings having hidden resources requirments .
    like this greek city that was conquered by roman
    Helenic hidden culture+building "light romanization"= greek version of trader for example(agora) (in this option you should be able to build a small amount of roman buildings)
    Helenic hidden culture+ "romanization" building = roman version of trader

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Default Re: idea about increasing imersion

Nice ideas, but unfortunately not doable technically due to engine limitations. If we have one icon for Roman "market" and another for Greek "market" the one will always be used whose faction/culture built the building no matter what else is in the city, whether it is build by script or by hand. That is sadly the way the engine works and there is hardly a feasible way around it.

Member thankful for this post:

clone 

Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin View Post
    Nice ideas, but unfortunately not doable technically due to engine limitations. If we have one icon for Roman "market" and another for Greek "market" the one will always be used whose faction/culture built the building no matter what else is in the city, whether it is build by script or by hand. That is sadly the way the engine works and there is hardly a feasible way around it.
    thanks i suppose. you dont thing that this https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...-breakthrought can correct it?

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    thanks i suppose. you dont thing that this https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...-breakthrought can correct it?
    sorry for double posting but for some reason i cant edit my post
    what about if instead of having one market changing based on culture(greek,roman,....
    market) you have many different building of the same fuction(and maybe the same building tree) buildable by all factions (greek market,roman market) and who is going to build what is affected by hidden resources. if this cant be done to all factios because of limits if this memory breakthrough gives another 150 buildings you can give them only to one faction,the one that player has. all factions are going to their regular buildings but players faction will have + 150.then create a dos like lancher (like The Sicilian Vespers has to choose between ages) that will copy-paste the nessecary files to "transfer" this to other factions to play

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for double posting but for some reason i cant edit my post
    what about if instead of having one market changing based on culture(greek,roman,....
    market) you have many different building of the same fuction(and maybe the same building tree) buildable by all factions (greek market,roman market) and who is going to build what is affected by hidden resources. if this cant be done to all factios because of limits if this memory breakthrough gives another 150 buildings you can give them only to one faction,the one that player has. all factions are going to their regular buildings but players faction will have + 150.then create a dos like lancher (like The Sicilian Vespers has to choose between ages) that will copy-paste the nessecary files to "transfer" this to other factions to play

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

People really need to damp down their expectations regarding the memory editing breakthrough. EB2 won't be using it before the first release and would need evidence of stability before trying to incorporate any of it. Plus memory editing is not a panacea. There seems to be this idea that ALL limitations are gone. That won't be true, ever.

Please stop asking us to consider making design decisions based on hopes and wishes.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    People really need to damp down their expectations regarding the memory editing breakthrough. EB2 won't be using it before the first release and would need evidence of stability before trying to incorporate any of it. Plus memory editing is not a panacea. There seems to be this idea that ALL limitations are gone. That won't be true, ever.

Please stop asking us to consider making design decisions based on hopes and wishes.
    i asked if it was possible not to add something

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

what about if instead of having one market changing based on culture(greek,roman,....market) you have many different building of the same fuction(and maybe the same building tree) buildable by all factions (greek market,roman market) and who is going to build what is affected by hidden resources.
    This maybe technically possible, yes.

But it would still require some more complex conditioning than simple hidden resources to achive results that would feel right under various permutations and culture changes that happen during the game. An idea for a sub-mod once EBII comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin View Post
    This maybe technically possible, yes.

But it would still require some more complex conditioning than simple hidden resources to achive results that would feel right under various permutations and culture changes that happen during the game. An idea for a sub-mod once EBII comes out?
    thats what i was asking

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

i asked if it was possible not to add something
    Sorry about that - yours was about the 10th post I'd seen talking about possible changes/updates to the mod based on the memory editing research, and it was just one too many! Nothing personal, OK? So yes, it's something we'll keep an eye on (and we do have team members who have helped and/or are helping with that project), but right now it's a pretty distant eye.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Sorry about that - yours was about the 10th post I'd seen talking about possible changes/updates to the mod based on the memory editing research, and it was just one too many! Nothing personal, OK? So yes, it's something we'll keep an eye on (and we do have team members who have helped and/or are helping with that project), but right now it's a pretty distant eye.
    yes i understand.