View Poll Results: How should the Battle of Genoa be fought?

Voters
6. This poll is closed
  • Abbreviated Tabletop Battle

2 33.33%
  • Tabletop Battle

4 66.67%

Thread: V&V - The Battle of Genoa

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default V&V - The Battle of Genoa

There will be a PvP battle between Count Lothar Zirn (_Tristan_) and Prince Leopold (phonicsmonkey). Details to follow in a seperate thread.

This poll is for the players to choose between the normal tabletop battle for a quicker version as outline in the PvP rules. However, _Tristan_ and phonicsmonkey can choose to fight this battle online instead. If they do not, then the results of this poll determine the type of battle.

For examples of previous 1v1 PvP battles include:

For convenience, the relevant rules for PvP battles are posted in the spoiler.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    *3.9 (...)If an army is transporting a treasury, it will lose half the treasury if it is defeated in battle and the entirety of the treasury if the army is annihilated.(..)

*7.4 Whenever a battle occurs where both sides have a noble present, it is a PvP battle. The GM or a someone designated by him will act as umpire; the umpire cannot be a player who’s avatar is participating in the battle. Participants are free to request a different umpire if they feel there is a conflict of interest, and if possible such a request will be fulfilled.

*7.5 If both players agree, the battle can be fought via online multiplayer, however since withdrawal is impossible in online multiple the loser of such a battle will have his entire army wiped out. The umpire will determine what unit’s the players can bring to battle online, as well as what their valor/armor etc. level is. The players must post a screenshot to verify they did not use an illegal units, as well as a screenshot showing how much damage each unit took.

*7.6 If the battle is not fought online it will be fought using the normal throne room style, or an abbreviated version thereof. Which of the two will be used shall be determined by an OOC poll of all players, to last until the battle has finished it’s deployment phase. Regardless of the result, is the duty of the umpire to determine the map and army composition, as well as other relevant settings. The umpire must have the battle reflect what would happen in an in-game battle as best as possible. The umpire will also have the final say as to what the results where, including what units need to be disbanded due to casualties, whether a nobles was captured or killed, whether a settlement has been conquered, and whether a ancillary will be removed to change hands. Console commands will be used when necessary.

*7.7 The shorter style of Throne Room PvP acts much the same as normal, except it has three phases. The first phase has each side deploy it’s forces as normal. The second phase has each side submit a detailed battle plan, which the umpire will then follow for the first half of the battle. In the third phase players will be allowed to make changes to the battle plan, which will be followed for the rest of the battle. The results will then be PMed to all players involved.

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Default Re: V&V - The Battle of Genoa

I'm afraid I won't be available to fight the battle online.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Can't play this online either
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Just seeing the pictures from the WotS battle of Ancrya gives me a sudden urge to become a rebel myself. This should be fun!

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

PvP is awesome. An absolute bear for the umpire (you should definitely thank him after it finishes), but still awesome. Cecil didn't even link to the really epic ones - I'm assuming he's saving those for when they're called for.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    PvP is awesome. An absolute bear for the umpire (you should definitely thank him after it finishes), but still awesome. Cecil didn't even link to the really epic ones - I'm assuming he's saving those for when they're called for.
    Ah, the memories of Hummel and the Cataclysm...

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg