Thread: Cavalry Charges

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cavalry Charges

Hopefully they'll be toned down quite a bit from vanilla M2. I mean, you could kill 50+ men with one charge of 30 knights, just from the impact. Obviously, ancient cavalry didn't have hitting power of medieval knights(without stirrups and all that), so will charged be toned down a lot?

Sorry if this has already been addressed.

-Stuks

Default Re: Cavalry Charges

Yes it has been majorly toned down from those ridiculous M2TW charges.

Thank god. And thank YOU for the fast reply.

-Stuks
    Last edited by Mr. Stuka; 04-28-2011 at 22:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stuka View Post
    Obviously, ancient cavalry didn't have hitting power of medieval knights(without stirrups and all that)
    Is that so?

P.S. Welcome to the Guild.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    Is that so?

P.S. Welcome to the Guild.
    Yes? and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stuka View Post
    Yes?
    I think his point is that it's not that simple.
    "The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

i didn,t think that i mean Obviously the ancient cavarly isnt better than the medieval but in every battle the cavarly has to be important dont you remeber that alexander win all his battle with the" hummer and the anvil " dont you think that the hummer is the most important? . and remember in medieval cavalry the impact was strong but with all de armor the horse and the knight were so tired , and remeber that in de medieval age who have horses was the rich poeple not everyone... that makes the cavalry so dessicive , becuase the ordinary people hasnt the equipment necessesary to hold on a cavalry attak ! . so i think that maybe isnt necessary to toned down the cavarly if you want a more realistic battle you need to :
    1- investigate about what units hold on the calvary ( spearmen wolud be more effective against cavarly ) like the javelins are effective agains the elephants and chariots
    2-when the cavarly attak the firist line of the horses wolud die and the horsemen fall and die or continue fighting like infantry and the firs line of infantry if thay are simply soldiers no bonus calvalry they die at least two of his entire lines just in the impact , but if they are spearmen they must to hold on and die only the first line
    3-the spears didnt break in the crash that makes the palahnx ( in the rtw and eb) invulnerable and they didnt separe his lines in a unlikely territory like mountains or forests when they sholud be separe and vulnerable to the normal infantry.

----- my final point is : if you want the game realistic make the calvarly dessicive (that's why they are always the half number of the infantry) and think in my point about phalanxs

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    i didn,t think that i mean Obviously the ancient cavarly isnt better than the medieval [...]
    I did not know that. Could you elaborate?

The bolded word seems to be quite the popular one. By the way, the only reason Alex drove in hard with his Hummer was cause he liked his tools big so it would hurt hard.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)