Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Visit Romania!

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Visit Romania!

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    You aren't really Dutch if you didn't have everything. I should open a visit the Netherlands topic really, We don't have forests and mountains but we do have towns Lots of them. Most tourits go to Amsterdam but it's to us what NY is to the USA, it exists here that's all
    Do you guys have Cashews and Milk?

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEOFMRPEANUTWARMAN888888888 View Post
    Do you guys have Cashews and Milk?
    Milk and honey > Cashews and milk

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Gawd. Reminds you of how crowded it is over here, if somebody can point me out a place in the Neds with a one kilometer radius without a traffic-sign please tell me, I want to go picknick there. The Netherlands is great but it's sooooo tiny, it's impossible to get lost here without narcotics
    You're welcome to visit Frag any time.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    You're welcome to visit Frag any time.
    Maybe we should trade, I really like these buildings and that nature thing, half of Romania is soon going te be here anyway, deal

Definitely suggest you watch this video/film.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Organised campaign to promote Romania.

Proud

Been to:

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    Romania looks astonishingly identical to the great Pacific Northwest! For that alone, Romania must surely be the greatest country in Europe.
    Thank you.

Proud

Been to:

Great stuff. Maybe more of these would be great fun as we have such an international crowd here.

Great stuff. Maybe more of these would be great fun as we have such an international crowd here.
    There's been quite a promoted advertising campaign for Romania that has been airing lately on the TV channels. Shame I can't get the videos from YouTube, they haven't been uploaded by anyone, but there's a fair chance you will see them on major TV channels all around the world.

Proud

Been to:

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Any Romanian ghost stories you can share edyz? I love that kind of stuff! :D Provide pics if applicable!
    Silence is beautiful

Happy Birthday Romania!

Romania celebrates on the 1st of December, since 1918, the Great Union Day of all of the main regions of the country. Since the collapse of Communism in 1989, 1st of December has been declared the National Day of Romania.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Day_of_Romania

National Anthem of Romania

Proud

Been to:

Christmas market in Romania.

Taken from www.facebook.com/273.ro

Proud

Been to:

I knew I was missing a tent

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are there any interesting or good Byzantium sites or other historically significant things in your country?

I know the answer is "Yes", I am simply asking to find out exactly what kind of things are there. I am quite curious and interested but rather ignorant in my knowledge of the area. I liked some of the pictures of the medieval city too and other things you posted, but I might be a little greedy in wanting to know "More" !

What is the culture like in Romania too? As in, if I went there as a tourist, with my complete lack of Romanian language, how far would I get and how would I be treated by the locals?
    Last edited by Beskar; 12-06-2011 at 18:04.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

TRIVIA with 12.73 cm Romanians have the smallest penisses of Europe. Their Bulgerian neighbours have the largest with almost 17 cm, impressive

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

TRIVIA with 12.73 cm Romanians have the smallest penisses of Europe. Their Bulgerian neighbours have the largest with almost 17 cm, impressive
    Conclusion - you can allow your wife a trip to Romania with her girlfriends but Bulgaria is a no-no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 14.87cm
    Conclusion - you can allow your wife a trip to Romania with her girlfriends but Bulgaria is a no-no.
    Looks like it

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    Are there any interesting or good Byzantium sites or other historically significant things in your country?

I know the answer is "Yes", I am simply asking to find out exactly what kind of things are there. I am quite curious and interested but rather ignorant in my knowledge of the area. I liked some of the pictures of the medieval city too and other things you posted, but I might be a little greedy in wanting to know "More" !

What is the culture like in Romania too? As in, if I went there as a tourist, with my complete lack of Romanian language, how far would I get and how would I be treated by the locals?
    Byzantium didn't have a lasting influence from a archeological point of view. Culturally speaking, Byzantine influence is widespread and you can see it mainly in architecture, theology and late medieval works. Check out the Curtea de Arges Cathedral - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtea_de_Argeş_Cathedral

As a tourist, just like in any other country, depends very much on where you go and if you meet the right people. Even without the knowledge of Romanian you can get along in English without much of a problem in the major cities - rural areas might pose some problems but not significant. Same goes with the locals, I've had friends who came over from European countries (Austria, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Israel too) and they loved the country and the scenery and how warmly they were treated by the people.

It all goes down to each individual. You can absolutely love it or you may not find it that interesting. All I can say is that take the chance and visit.

Proud

Been to:

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

How hard is Romanian to pick up? I have never once seen it offered in a class here in the states.
    If I remember well, it's the closest spoken (as in, non dead) language to original Latin, even closer than Italian. Go from there.

How hard is Romanian to pick up? I have never once seen it offered in a class here in the states.
    Sarmatian is right, it's the closest spoken to original Latin. So if you know any Latin language (French, Spanish, Italian...), you should be able to progress without much of a problem in Romanian.

Proud

Been to:

A spectacular winter gallery from Romania.

A Happy New Year to everyone, may all your wishes come true.

Brasov under snow

Forest around Timisoara

Magura, near Brasov

Dognecea, near Caras-Severin

Bumbesti, Gorj county

Check out the full album here - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5770909&type=1

Proud

Been to:

Dang, that's some pretty country.
    I'd say, very pretty. Hungary sure is heavy on postcardworthy snapping bliss, awesome pictures all of them. I really can't think of anything mean and that is pretty rare since it's eastern-europe

I'd say, very pretty. Hungary sure is heavy on postcardworthy snapping bliss, awesome pictures all of them. I really can't think of anything mean and that is pretty rare since it's eastern-europe
    Eh, Frag, too many beers on New Year's Eve?

Romania, not Hungary.

Proud

Been to:

I don't want to know the difference between Hungary and Romania so I guess I had enough

I think the chief difference is that one is generally more well-fed.

Hungarian are better hung, but it's a really small difference, tiny in fact

Here's a handy map http://www.geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven...iemels_al.html, names the countries are shown so you know which one is which

Around two, three weeks ago - Welcome to snowed Romania, where the snow can reach even five metres on the side of the road.

Also, I wanted the wonderful Facebook album I so often quoted. Check it out.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5770909&type=1

Proud

Been to:

Typical countryside house in spring.

Proud

Been to:

http://hashconspiracy.tumblr.com/pos...nia-a-surprise

Straight to the point blog post about Romania. Definitely worth checking it out.

Proud

Been to:

Some more pictures.

Interior courtyard of the Peles Castle, Sinaia

Turnul Portii

Dawn at Saliste

Orsova, southern Romania

Proud

Been to:

Magnificent sunset in Bucharest.

Proud

Been to:

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast