Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Visit Romania!

Default Re: Visit Romania!

Wow looks amazing.

I am infact planning a Europe trip this summer - I was thining Madrid, Barcelona, Paris ... clearly I am staying far to West ... I am quite kenn to work as I go so to support the travelling. Has anyone else (from the States) done this kind of thing before?? Simple work I was thining - grape picking in the country, bar work in the cities ... - is there a working/visa you can apply for like in Oz? Or do people think it is better to opt for the ol' cash-in-hand mallarckie ... ? Typing in 'American working in Europe' into Google and came across (apart from 'Tender is the Night') this site - http://www.green-card.com/ - all well and good for Romanians keen to make it in NYC, but not what I was looking for. Does anyone know if there is a site going in the other direction. Greencards to Europe that is ...?

PS: wasn't Dracula from Transylvania ... ???
    Last edited by totalkimbrough; 04-24-2014 at 08:25.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Don't skip the Netherlands, my hub

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...psf002930d.jpg

That isn't my actual hub by the way, mine is here http://www.krommestraat.nl
    Last edited by Fragony; 04-14-2014 at 09:25.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Ah, Frag, I visited your little Amersfoort, beautiful little town. (I love Holland!)

And yes, Dracula was from Transylvania, at least Bram Stoker portrayed him as such.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

This little thread is now 3 years old, so I want to thank everyone who saw it, commented and appreciated.

Always welcome to visit Romania guys!

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Night shot of Bucharest.

Proud

Been to:

Members thankful for this post (3):

Awesome picture and sight.
    This space intentionally left blank

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with Gregoshi, they do look lovely.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Thank you guys

You can check this Facebook page for more wonderful pictures - https://www.facebook.com/BucurestiOptimist

Proud

Been to:

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Lovely pictures. Please keep them coming. :)
    Silence is beautiful

More pictures coming up, stay tuned!

Proud

Been to:

Member thankful for this post:

I have always wanted to visit Romania. I am looking forward to try the food. I can't wait to have Ciorbă ,pască and cozonac. My friend who visited last year keeps on telling me beautiful Romania's culture is.

If you can, do it around Christmas time - plenty of snow, beautiful scenery and amazing food! (Pasca is more or less done more on Easter, Cozonac is the choice for Christmas)

Proud

Been to:

Sucevita Monastery - a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Proud

Been to:

1st of December is Romania's National Day, so to all of my fellow Romanians, a belated LA MULTI ANI!

A picture from this year's military parade.

Proud

Been to:

A Happy New Year from us over here in Romania, and as a little bonus, here's a shot of winter in the countryside.

Proud

Been to:

This is still a great thread. Thanks for updating it from time to time edyz.

Always my pleasure, I hope that it will convince more than a few to visit my beautiful country.

Proud

Been to:

Beautiful edyz. Looks cold though!
    Silence is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by A Nerd View Post
    Beautiful edyz. Looks cold though!
    For the past two weeks, it actually has been very cold around these places (-15 degrees Celsius, going to -25 in some areas) which is rather unusual because Romania has a temperate climate.

Proud

Been to:

Traditional wooden Romanian house blanketed by snow.

Proud

Been to:

lovely.
    Silence is beautiful

Something rather unique, which I found about a couple of days ago - forgotten in the north of Romania, you can find a unique half Orthodox, half Catholic church in the village of Hiliseu Crisan.

Legend has it that the local boyar, Alecu Curt, fell in love with a girl, Ana. Problem is, he couldn't marry her because she was Catholic and he was Orthodox, so she found a way to do it by adding Catholic motifs (13 life-size statues) and a bell tower to a wooden Orthodox church.

Apparently, it's also the only church in Europe that has the entrance through a bell tower.

More details over here - http://www.randomwander.com/orthodox...ch-of-hiliseu/

Proud

Been to:

That is a beautiful picturesque church! And has an interesting history as an added bonus.

A real shame it's not taken care of, it needs urgent repairs or otherwise the bell tower will collapse in the next years.

Proud

Been to:

Peeling paint, cracked plaster, etc, adds character to old buildings, but structural issues - those should be addressed before it is too late.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Hi ii
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    Peeling paint, cracked plaster, etc, adds character to old buildings, but structural issues - those should be addressed before it is too late.
    I do hope that will happen sometime soon, because it's not looking too good at the moment.

Hello to you too my dear KukriKhan. Good to see you around here!

Proud

Been to:

As spring comes, 2 beautiful pictures to highlight the differences in seasons in Romania.

Winter in the mountains

Spring by the hills

Proud

Been to:

I was in Bucharest last year and i saw that they have open top busses like the ones in England. The life is preety cheap there.

We do indeed, it's for the tourists - open-top double decker buses for the tourists who wish to visit all of the landmarks in Bucharest.

Proud

Been to:

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast