Thread: Tosa Cup Replays

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Tosa Cup Replays

I will post all Tosa Cup battle replays that I receive in this thread. They will be released in 'packs' as the tournament progresses.

Click here to download the Round 1 Pack. 17 separate matches are included, which accounts for about half of the bracket. Most of the missing brackets were resolved by forfeit, though some people simply forgot to make a save, while others had bugs which produced corrupted replays. If I get further replays for Round 1, I will update this file to include them.

All replays in the Round 1 Pack were played with Patch 1. Some of the changes that occurred with Patch 2 may cause some replays to deviate from what actually happened.

Video commentaries of some of these matches can be found in the Org Media Library. Many thanks to AzureCuzYeah and jackie_fish for creating the commentaries. You can see more of their superb TWS2 commentaries at AzureTotalWar and jackie_fish's YouTube channel.
    Last edited by TinCow; 05-17-2011 at 03:04.

Default Re: Tosa Cup Replays

The Round 3 Replay Pack has been released and is available here. 12 separate matches are included, which accounts for three-quarters of the bracket. Of the other 4, 3 were forfeit for various reasons, and I am trying to obtain the remaining 1. This pack with be updated with them when/if I receive them.

Due to the timing of the release of Patch 2, some of the Round 3 games were played with Patch 1 and some were played with Patch 2. As this significantly impacts how they play out on a Patch 2 game, I have labeled all of them with the Patch number they were played in, if known.

Video commentaries of some of these matches can be found in the Org Media Library. Many thanks to AzureCuzYeah and jackie_fish for creating the commentaries. You can see more of their superb TWS2 commentaries at AzureTotalWar and jackie_fish's YouTube channel.

(Note: There will not be a release of a Round 2 Replay pack. Due to the number of byes caused by 74 players, Round 1, for most people, actually was Round 2. I called everyone's first match Round 1 for simplicity.)
    Last edited by TinCow; 05-17-2011 at 03:04.

The Round 4 Replay Pack has been released and is available here. All 8 matches are included.

All replays were made with Patch 2.

Last edited by TinCow; 05-24-2011 at 23:52.

cool thanks for posting the replays really interesting battles :)
    UglyJun
    never born never died 黒い山

The Quarter Finals Replay Pack has been released and is available here. All 4 matches are included.

Also note that the Round 4 pack has been updated with the two matches that were missing from the original release.

Just thought I'd ask a question about rules for this tourney after watching some of these battles. Is there an attacker/defender situation? Reason I ask is that one guy in particular just camps; not seen him attack once.

No, there are no attacker/defender rules. We did not anticipate the problems this would cause and have been forced to resolve the stalemate situations that have occurred on a piecemeal basis. That is not an ideal situation, and I currently have a discussion going in this thread regarding methods to eliminate this problem in future competitions. More input would appreciated, as this is something we need to put an end to.

Regarding the remaining matches, due to a stalemate, an attacker/defender rule had to be enforced in the Indigo/Luvmo(bossrobert) Semi-Final, and as such we are considering doing the same for equity purposes in the Swoosh/Sabre Semi-final match, as well as the Final and the Third Place matches.

Well what an oversight. A no camping rule is essential and to prevent it an attack/defend rule also. I for one would be disgusted to think of this coveted trophy being handed to Sabre, for instance.
    This tourney is in memory of Tosa Inu, a gentleman and it would be nice if players would enter into the spirit.

Sorry TinCow, IMO the whole thing should be cancelled and started over and with strict rules on gamesmanship to prevent situations like this. It's obvious that something is wrong, so it should not be allowed to conclude. I'm sure nobody wants to see these cheap tactics go on to win the prize.

Good grief! Some people just don't get it.

The Semi Finals Replay Pack has been released and is available here. Both matches are included.

Due to a stalemate situation that occurred in the Indigo/Luvmo match, an attacker/defender rule had to be imposed to resolve the match. To keep the tournament fair, attacker/defender rules were also then implemented for the Swoosh/Sabre match and will be imposed in the Final as well. The modified rule as implemented for Swoosh/Sabre and as will be implemented in the Final is:

One player attacks and the other defends in battle 1. The players then swap roles for battle 2. Battle 3 has no attacker/defender, but players are not permitted to sit still for more than 5 minutes. Minor/superficial unit movements are not sufficient to qualify as not sitting still.

The CWC rule on Drops (as detailed here) will also be imposed in the Final. This rule was imposed on a couple matches earlier in the tournament when dropping became an issue, and we are simply announcing it again to make it clear how such a situation will be handled if it is encountered.

Last edited by TinCow; 06-03-2011 at 20:15.

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

With reference to the Semi Final replays.....

The Swoosh v Sabre G1.replay is NOT a semi final replay but a 4v4 replay.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jochi Khan View Post
    With reference to the Semi Final replays.....

The Swoosh v Sabre G1.replay is NOT a semi final replay but a 4v4 replay.
    Ah, you beat me to it by a minute. Apparently match 3 is also the wrong replay. I have made a note about this on the various announcements, and will update the pack with the correct replays when I receive them.

The Semi-Finals replay pack has been updated with new versions of the Swoosh v Sabre matches. These replays came from the players themselves instead of a spectator, so hopefully the previous issues will be resolved.

Replays of the finals please? :)

Quote Originally Posted by AMP View Post
    Replays of the finals please? :)
    We don't have them yet, but will get them as soon as we can. In the meantime, the finals were live-streamed by AzureCuzYeah, and a recording of the live stream can be found here:
    http://justin.tv/azuretotalwar/b/287377692

It's over two hours long, but it includes all three matches.

Thanks and a good job done by him. He should use the debug cam to zoom out more because that would help with having to scroll abit less and stop the lag/fuzziness some. I don't know if you can use the debug cam with window mode, but I would think you can.

Anyway interesting matches... and it clearly shows builds matter more compared to STW days, sigh... oh well. good games to both of them.

Good games guys, congratulations Indigo, nice job !!!

The complete replay pack of all available replays from the Tosa Cup Tournament has been released and is available here. This pack includes Battles 1 and 3 of the Finals, which were not previously released. Unfortunately, neither of the Finalists saved the replay for Battle 2, so the only way to view it is by watching the recording of the live stream of the full match. Battle 2 starts at about the 19:40 mark in that video.

As noted earlier, an additional rule was added in at the final stages of the tournament to help prevent stalemates. This rule was in effect in the Final:

One player attacks and the other defends in battle 1. The players then swap roles for battle 2. Battle 3 has no attacker/defender, but players are not permitted to sit still for more than 5 minutes. Minor/superficial unit movements are not sufficient to qualify as not sitting still.