Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody enjoying Game of Thrones? (HBO TV series)

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Default Re: Anybody enjoying Game of Thrones? (HBO TV series)

Season 2 casting updates - they are look quite perfect to me. I particularly like the onion knight and Roose Bolton.

http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/in-...ng-updates.php

might have some spoiler info

looks like I have a lot to read here but I will post first.
    I am in the middle of episode 5 and waiting for book 5 that I ordered.
    I am greatly disappointing that Little finger spoke about the hounds burns instead of the Hound telling Sensa himself.
    I recall that the Hound had and that it was the beginning of what little friendship they had.
    I am most downhearted that I had to find somewhere to tell what a fool idea it was to make Loras and Renly lovers.
    Mr. Martin holds nothing back, if they were gay he would have said so. Renly marries Loras's sister, Loras was Renly's squire before he was knighted. The knight of Flowers reminds me of Sir Lancelot when I read the books, the producers have really boggled this one. Until I get book 5 and can confirm ya or nay I am of the opinion that it was Loras that was bedding his own sister as Jaime was Cersie.
    this is only the second website I have found to voice my opinion as I just started looking, if someone knows a site the the shows producers read please post it here. I am also disappointed in the book and hope the producers change the fact that Renly's kings guard wears rainbow cloaks and the Septons knights use rainbow sword belts and have rainbow swords on their shields. You would never see a knight of the Round Table, a Knights Templar or Hospitler, and definitely never a horseman of Charlemagne's wear a rainbow. Charlemagne would have beheaded them before he ever made his horsemen into the first lords of Europe.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonArchAngel View Post

looks like I have a lot to read here but I will post first.
    I am in the middle of episode 5 and waiting for book 5 that I ordered.
    I am greatly disappointing that Little finger spoke about the hounds burns instead of the Hound telling Sensa himself.
    I recall that the Hound had and that it was the beginning of what little friendship they had.
    I am most downhearted that I had to find somewhere to tell what a fool idea it was to make Loras and Renly lovers.
    Mr. Martin holds nothing back, if they were gay he would have said so. Renly marries Loras's sister, Loras was Renly's squire before he was knighted. The knight of Flowers reminds me of Sir Lancelot when I read the books, the producers have really boggled this one. Until I get book 5 and can confirm ya or nay I am of the opinion that it was Loras that was bedding his own sister as Jaime was Cersie.
    this is only the second website I have found to voice my opinion as I just started looking, if someone knows a site the the shows producers read please post it here. I am also disappointed in the book and hope the producers change the fact that Renly's kings guard wears rainbow cloaks and the Septons knights use rainbow sword belts and have rainbow swords on their shields. You would never see a knight of the Round Table, a Knights Templar or Hospitler, and definitely never a horseman of Charlemagne's wear a rainbow. Charlemagne would have beheaded them before he ever made his horsemen into the first lords of Europe.
    There were a number of comments in the books from other characters that suggested Loras and Renly were lovers, I don't recall any suggesting Loras and Margaery were. As for the Rainbow guards, I don't think the cloaks were all multi-coloured, rather each had a different colour, and they needed some way of standing out.

Here is a good place to discuss GRR Martin's world and perhaps learn a bit more.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 01-08-2012 at 06:10.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Why is this problematic? The whole point of Renly is that he isn't a knight and that he is utterly flamboyant.

As for Loras and Margery, the possibility is there and they are certainly close. However, it is clear that Loras was more interested in Renly.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

inaccurate renly certainly was a knight. he was a Ser

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    inaccurate renly certainly was a knight. he was a Ser
    I think CountArach means that Renly did not behave like a typical knight.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

ohhh

im bit sure he was a respected fighter and was in the melees and to be knighted you had to distinguish yourself in war.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Renly was Knighted during Robert's Rebellion but he is a Lord of a Major House which is a far higher rank. Plus he is a member of the Royal Family too. So on the whole "Ranking system" he comes just beneath Robert, Cersei and those children, so "6th" in the realm, (Stannis 7th as no one really likes him)

On a slightly hijacking note:

I am currently hosting a game where you will be playing a character just before the end of Game of Thrones (TV Series), so based in this turbulent situation, you now take hold of their destinies and shape it by your own hands.
    Game of Thrones: Sign Up
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    I think CountArach means that Renly did not behave like a typical knight.
    Indeed. I should have said that he doesn't follow the typical chivalric code.
    im bit sure he was a respected fighter and was in the melees and to be knighted you had to distinguish yourself in war.
    Being Robert's brother probably didn't hurt.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Carice van Houten: Melisandre of Asshai

great cast!

We do not sow.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

I like the show. Watched the first season last summer in less than a week and am looking forward to the second.

Carice van Houten is great news indeed!
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

The only love I have seen in the books is the same as Robert and Eddard showed for Jon Arryn. Loras was Renly's squire and loved him as such. Bienne was the one devoutly in love with Renly and was close enough to him and would surely have been disenchanted if she were to see that Renly were gay. Mr Martin doesn't hold back but just enough to wonder till he turns all loose. If they had been lovers he would have let it be known before it was to late. It would have been Loras that armored Renly for his battle with Stannis just for the fact that as lovers they may have been touching for the last time. As for Brienne, Christie may hopefully be tall enough but she will need a horse head from makeup. A lot of make up to make her as homely as she's supposed to be. The only main male characters that were not knights, squires or lords were the sellswords, captain of the watch at first then became at least a lord, and the hound who detested knighthood. They didn't show the melee that Robert was insisting on fighting in and we later find out that some of the combatants would have killed him in the confusion as Cercie purposefully told him he couldn't fight in it so he would object to her so openly. Instead they changed it to some idiocy about him readying to joust. Robert was never a jouster it explicitly states so in a later book when Cercie goofs and says what a good jouster Joffrey's father was. without the melee they left out the vision of the Fiery Priest who I am uncertain if I read over that he may or may not have been a knight or a lord. I'll be done with book 5 by Thursday and will hopefully have a better idea about the little queen and her dieing brother, but I hear the first 600 pages will be recapping book 4 but the views not heard in 4.
    Last edited by CrimsonArchAngel; 01-10-2012 at 20:44.

Stannis to Renly, regarding Margaery being a maiden: “In your bed she’s like to die that way.”
    Jaime to Loras: “Now sheathe your bloody sword, or I’ll take it from you and shove it up some place even Renly never found.”

There are more, nothing concrete, but a consistent picture emerges that the two were lovers.

A more pertinent question would be, why is this such an issue to you?

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I hear the first 600 pages will be recapping book 4 but the views not heard in 4.
    Yup, GRRM himself says that the first half or so of book 5 is happening at the same time as book 4, and at some point they converge and all the characters are included.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

spambot :O

We do not sow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/18441163

It always disappoints me when people actually apologise over crap like this.

Extended trailer for Season 3 that begins on March 31st. Looks awesome.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Member thankful for this post:

Lemur 

March 31st cant come soon enough.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    March 31st cant come soon enough.
    I find it humorous that HBO schedules the GoT season premiere for the start of spring...

Any word on who is cast for Hoat, or are they just writing the Mummers out?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    I find it humorous that HBO schedules the GoT season premiere for the start of spring...

Any word on who is cast for Hoat, or are they just writing the Mummers out?
    They most certainly have not been written out. The trailer shows Brienne fighting a bear in a pit, and what appears to be Jamie fighting a Mummer.
    The rumour was that Ned Dennehy has been cast as Vargo Hoat.

Edit:
    Google search shows that things have changed, they seem to have changed Hoat to Locke.
    http://winteriscoming.net/2012/10/fi...-taylor-is-in/
    Last edited by rajpoot; 03-05-2013 at 05:00.

The Mummers (and Hoat) should have played a role in season 2, I was wondering how they were going to handle Jamie's "transformation". Switching to Locke probably means they are going all in on the Boltons, Jamie and Brienne can still have their adventures without introducing the concept of mercs to the story line.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Jamie and Brienne can still have their adventures without introducing the concept of mercs to the story line.
    Yeah. I was looking forward to the lisp though.

Kingthlayer!

And we have another trailer.
    This time with some footage of who appears to be Daario Naharis, although it seems he won't have a beard in the show.
    There's also some bit Joarh Mormont sword action, which is always welcome.

Lemur 

So, thoughts on the premier? I really liked it. Not much action but still, a great start to the season.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

I thought it was a little underwhelming. I had no real problems with it, but it was just low key setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Pretty Good View Post
    I thought it was a little underwhelming. I had no real problems with it, but it was just low key setup.
    This.
    But then I'm sure it's going to get better.

Found the scene where Davos Seaworth is picked up by the boat a little touching. Probably because of the excellent background music. The bits with Joffery, Cersei and Margery were nice too. Kind of unusual to see Joffery not being a .

That short scene with Bolton and Karstark might be a lead-in to both Jamie's storyline and the season 3 climax (slight change from the books but still acceptable). And it's always nice to see Barristan back in the show.

And season 4 is definitely a go.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

What I'm looking forward the most, in this season, is the reaction to the RW, by the tv audience, unaware of it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    What I'm looking forward the most, in this season, is the reaction to the RW, by the tv audience, unaware of it :P
    It's not going to be anywhere close to the reaction when Sean lost his bean. Robb's story arc has never been as much in focus as that of the other Starks. In fact had it not been for Oona Chaplin it would've been the most boring part of the show.

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Now that I think on it a bit, I think you're right. Which is funny, because the show has given him greater attention than the books do.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast