Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody enjoying Game of Thrones? (HBO TV series)

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Default Re: Anybody enjoying Game of Thrones? (HBO TV series)

The scene between Olenna and Tywin was awesome. I almost thought Olenna would win.

I got that feeling as well, thought he may have finally met his match. The man does seem all powerful, nobody but nobody says no to Tywin.

I just wonder how he would deal with himself... probably end in a fight.
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    What I cannot puzzle out is what Melisandre says to Arya. Those might be clues into books that have not come.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Brown eyes. Blue eyes. Green eyes.
    I think it just means Ayra is eventually going to be killing lots of people.

When Selyse called one of the bottled babies Edric, I figured they were going to merge in Gendry to that story arc. Not too much ground-breaking action in ep6, but it's necessary to breathe after the previous 2 and prep for the next big events.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Tonights episode was a bit underwhelming, especially the scene with Jamie, Brienne, and the bear.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Nice episode, GRRM's writing brought some of the characters back to life, showed their motives and their flaws like in the books. Just a necessary filler and a set up for what's to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Tonights episode was a bit underwhelming, especially the scene with Jamie, Brienne, and the bear.
    Yup. The only scene of note was Tywin and Joffery. Been waiting for that one since a while.
    We could arrange to have you carried

Full of win. Even Tywin is smiling after that.
    Also enjoying the Jon-Ygritte chemistry. Too bad about the future.
    Last edited by rajpoot; 05-13-2013 at 10:37.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

i cant remember theon getting castrated in the books...

We do not sow.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    i cant remember theon getting castrated in the books...
    It's not explicitly stated in the books, but there are a lot of hints dropped about it. Before tonight's episode it was something that was debated by readers. Considering that episode was written by Martin, I think we can accept it as canon.

ok

i was thinking, i know its milking it a bit or alot, but wouldnt it be awesome if they made a movie about Roberts Rebellion :P

burning of the starks, battle at the trident, battle of the bells, jaime killing the mad king, the three against seven at the tower... so many epic scenes!

We do not sow.

Member thankful for this post:

Of course this scene would have been 10x better with Hoat and the gang, but we can't have it all.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

I think Hodor doesn't get enough credit. Perhaps it's just among my friends, but I was talking about GoT Saturday night, and everyone was kind of making fun of his character As if he was a joke. Albeit he is a little slow, and can only say one word; but every time he delivers his "Hodor" it's done with perfection. He says everything in that "Hodor". It was even echoed last night with Osha.

Also not sure what it was, but last night episode flew by for me. I thought it was top notch for the most part...The whole bear pit wasn't pulled off well, I agree with what everyone else is saying.
    Last edited by Spoonska; 05-13-2013 at 18:03.
    I like to stream

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonska View Post
    I think Hodor doesn't get enough credit. Perhaps it's just among my friends, but I was talking about GoT Saturday night, and everyone was kind of making fun of his character As if he was a joke. Albeit he is a little slow, and can only say one word; but every time he delivers his "Hodor" it's done with perfection. He says everything in that "Hodor". It was even echoed last night with Osha.
    Hodor is the third head of the dragon. Aemon and Ned conspired to move him to Winterfell to hide him from Robert, and told him to play the simpleton. One day show his true awesomeness.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonska View Post
    I thought it was top notch for the most part
    Absolutely! Loved particularly the exchange between Tyrion and his whatshisname
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Alright, time for some baseless speculation:

Will episode 9 be full of weddings? Edmure and Roslin, Tyrion and Sansa, Cersei and Loras, Joffrey and Margaery, Littlefinger and Lysa. We have a backlog, may as well get it all done at once!
    I'm fairly certain Joff/Marg will be early next season, the timing of the story just isn't there yet. Shae was hella pissed at Tyrion though.

I imagine Littlefinger's wedding will be next season as well. The freaky weirdo relationship those two have will need some setup, they haven't had a scene together yet all series.

Not exactly sure what they have planned for Cersei/Loras. In the books Loras is wearing the white at this point, I'm guessing Cersei kills him off to get out of it, but surprises are welcome. Might be something juicy to prep the Cersei/Marg feud coming.

I'm wondering if they do interleaved wedding scenes with the Tyrion/Sansa and Edmure/Roslin ceremonies. Contrasts for effect.

Talisa's pregnant.
    She's toast at the RW. Jeyne escaped because she was minus a Stark child, but since the Westerlings were written out of the show I think Talisa is dead girl walking. Shame, nice butt.

no way the will let cercei kill of loras lol XD what kind of suggestion is that haha

he will probably take the white, and there wont be a wedding between them.

We do not sow.

According to the synopsis of the coming episodes;
    Tyrion and Sansa will tie the knot in the next one.
    We'll also meet Coldhands next episode

And the 9th episode is going to feature the Red wedding, most probably as the climatic scene.
    As far as Littlefinger and Lysa are concerned.
    I agree it's probably going to happen sometime next season, after Joffery's wedding and demise. He has to take Sansa with him.

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Alright, time for some baseless speculation:

Will episode 9 be full of weddings? Edmure and Roslin, Tyrion and Sansa, Cersei and Loras, Joffrey and Margaery, Littlefinger and Lysa. We have a backlog, may as well get it all done at once!
    I'm fairly certain Joff/Marg will be early next season, the timing of the story just isn't there yet. Shae was hella pissed at Tyrion though.

I imagine Littlefinger's wedding will be next season as well. The freaky weirdo relationship those two have will need some setup, they haven't had a scene together yet all series.

Not exactly sure what they have planned for Cersei/Loras. In the books Loras is wearing the white at this point, I'm guessing Cersei kills him off to get out of it, but surprises are welcome. Might be something juicy to prep the Cersei/Marg feud coming.

I'm wondering if they do interleaved wedding scenes with the Tyrion/Sansa and Edmure/Roslin ceremonies. Contrasts for effect.

Talisa's pregnant.
    She's toast at the RW. Jeyne escaped because she was minus a Stark child, but since the Westerlings were written out of the show I think Talisa is dead girl walking. Shame, nice butt.
    The PW might be episode 8, judging from the preview. It would be cool if they wrote the two weddings on the same episode though. GRRM wrote one more scene for this season, which involves Littlefinger and Lysa. Although it's possible they use it on the fourth season premiere.

About Talisa, am I the only one who thinks she's a spy? The way she replied when Robb asked her what she was writing, the fact that it was in a language Tywin happens to know, and just Tywin's recent dismissal of Robb as a threat? If this isn't true, I see Blackfish saving her along with a few other people from the RW.
    Last edited by Paradox; 05-15-2013 at 02:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Octoud View Post
    The PW might be episode 8, judging from the preview. It would be cool if they wrote the two weddings on the same episode though. GRRM wrote one more scene for this season, which involves Littlefinger and Lysa. Although it's possible they use it on the fourth season premiere.

About Talisa, am I the only one who thinks she's a spy? The way she replied when Robb asked her what she was writing, the fact that it was in a language Tywin happens to know, and just Tywin's recent dismissal of Robb as a threat? If this isn't true, I see Blackfish saving her along with a few other people from the RW.
    you are probably right and its to be a bit closer to the books as well were it was hinted that the wedding between westerling and robb was orchestrated by tywin

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by Octoud View Post

The reason I think the RW is ep9, the episode name is "The Rains of Castamere".

It's possible Talisa is a spy sent in by Tywin. But if she really is pregnant, she's toast.

Good episode tonight, really enjoyed Tyrions spat with Joff and his dad- "and now my watch begins." Priceless.
    And our favorite pair of boobs made a long awaited appearance, so that was nice.

I dont know how Im going to wait for the next episode in 2 weeks.
    As someone who read the books and know whats going to happen, I really should record the reaction of my friends who didnt read the books when they get to the RW.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

All the wedding and post wedding party scenes were good. Specially Olenna Tyrell figuring out the relations and Tywin talking to Tyrion about performance issues.
    Also this is probably the first time I actually found a scene with Samwell Tarly interesting.
    Were the ravens cawing to summon the other to where Sam and Gilly were? Since Bran has not yet crossed beyond the wall, we can assume that Bryden Rivers is controlling the ravens. If both these things are true then that means he is in league with the Others and Bran too will actually be helping them later on. Which means Melisandre's vision of a, “wooden face, corpse white” with a thousand red eyes, accompanied by a boy with a wolf’s face, who she believes is a servant of the Great Other is accurate. So many questions.

Well, that was intense.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Hax 

Well, that was intense.
    Yeah that was pretty brutal. The silent credits were an excellent touch.

Blog Entries

...Damn...
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Unfortunately I already knew due to accidentally seeing spoilers on a GoT world map. But, still R.R. Martin is a sadist. =(
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Very graphic.
    Specially how they kill Talisa.

And I was wrong. This is a lot worse than when Ned Stark loses his head.
    And where the hell was Greatjon Umber!

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Jesus Christ.
    BLARGH!

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

I'm gonna throw up
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What they don't get is that next weeks will be better. If it is what I think it is.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    What they don't get is that next weeks will be better. If it is what I think it is.
    I'm not quite as sure anymore about whether they'll show that next week or not. I expected that to be the season-ender and a nice cliffhanger, but I saw nothing in the previews that looked like even one shot from the scene in question. It still seems like the logical point at which to end this season, but I expected to see at least one random shot in the preview of what should be a relatively long segment if that event is to actually occur next episode.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast