Thread: Favourite NTW units

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Favourite NTW units

Come on, spit it up, I want to hear what are your favourite NTW units.

Ultimate favourites

-18th Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne "The Brave" - very versatile, break hard, very good infantry

-King's German Legion Light Foot - brilliant light/line infantry

-1st Regiment Emperor's Own - if they have experience, they're hard to break, stoic line infantry, provide good firepower

Other really liked units

-Brunswick Line Infantry

-Silesian Schuetzen

-Prussian 8th Life Regiment

-Dutch Guard Lancers
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Re: Favourite NTW units

It is hard to choose.

The way I like to fight is not all that favorable for line infantry. I use it of course as my anvil but I kill most of the enemy with Artillery (Howitzers), Light Infantry, and Missile Cavalry.

On the campaign map I enjoy using all the agents.

On the battle map I like most of the units you named but I will take a little extra time to try and give extra experience to the 10th Hussars, if I am playing the British. They shoot a little slow but it is fun using rifle cavalry.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Oh, I forgot to add that in multiplayer, the Grand Battery of the Convention for those who have it works wonders. The most powerful artillery unit, reloads fast, shoots accurate, a monster unit.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Oh, I forgot to add that in multiplayer, the Grand Battery of the Convention for those who have it works wonders. The most powerful artillery unit, reloads fast, shoots accurate, a monster unit.
    I have built it a couple of times in campaign but it comes so late that you usually have won the game already and just marking time.

I like the unit and it is sort of a two for one, though it is expensive.

There are some fun guerrilla units in the Peninsular Campaign too.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Awaiting the Rapture Member rotorgun's Avatar

I have developed a real affinity for the Chevaux Leger Cavalry units. They may mot be elite, but once their experience level is increased, they are a good all around cavalry for the price. I get a kick out of watching them fire their weapons before they charge. They also make great skirmishers to accompany your light infantry types to give some protection from enemy cavalry.

As for infantry, the 18th Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne "The Brave" is probably my favorite. They were historically one of the most decorated units of the Grande Armee.

Artillery? I really enjoy the Howitzer type units, especially once one can develop the aimed fire technology. A well landed shell is very much as effective as canister with a much better range. Combined with the bombardment capability it is devastating.
    Last edited by rotorgun; 06-18-2011 at 21:20. Reason: Added a few extra comments
    Rotorgun
    ...the general must neither be so undecided that he entirely distrusts himself, nor so obstinate as not to think that anyone can have a better idea...for such a man...is bound to make many costly mistakes
    Onasander

Editing my posts due to poor typing and grammer is a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
    I have built it a couple of times in campaign but it comes so late that you usually have won the game already and just marking time.

I like the unit and it is sort of a two for one, though it is expensive.

There are some fun guerrilla units in the Peninsular Campaign too.
    The Grand Battery is really useful in MP due to it's massive firepower.

Guerilla units are good as well.

Proud

Been to:

Red face Re: Favourite NTW units

i like Prussian light,coz they are the best light in game(i put them as guard units for the capital...1 more reason for using light,coz they got more ammunition,longer range,fire first,kill faster,kill a lot!!! i seen using light as cheating....),and Prussian landwehr(militia),the cheapest!!!(35 accuracy,and 20 reload skill),more cost effective than fencibles(british militia),but french militia got the highest morale....and British line......best line of the game....(i dun use artilerry,coz i dun good at it....dunno how to use them effectively,and they are really slow at campaign map..),and cavalry? just using light cav as extra general bodyguard....

i use line only when i am thinking to fight melee....
    Last edited by guineawolf; 03-03-2017 at 14:58.
    In all warfare,speed is the key!