Thread: Still playing?

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Still playing?

Same question as on the ETW forum, given the lack of activity of the subforums when it comes to ETW and NTW.

To be honest with you, NTW has moved up to second place in my favourite TW game. I've been playing it like crazy lately, completing campaigns and trying out different tactics to use for multiplayer later on, and it's a great game. Downloading mod packs now to improve my enjoyment, and I find it a really solid game, much improved over ETW that can provide some good fun. Glad I bought the Imperial Edition package as well.

Racked up around 180 hours so far.

Still playing?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Default Re: Still playing?

yes, too much perhaps! It is my favorite of the TW games at this point. And I've created a number of mods that keep me playing.

NTW is by far my favorite TW game. I have over 1200 hours of play time ! Of course I am partial to the time period. I have about 35 hours play time on Shogun and I personnally think it's a slip backwards as far as playability. The AI of course is better but as far as having unique regiments, being able to occupy,defend and heal in outlaying buildings, place an army(corps) on a road to cut supply(money), I could go on. I quickly got bored with Shogun sieges. They all seem about the same, time after time. Maybe I just haven't played enough. I found myself disappointed and went back to NTW with renewed vigor.

Quote Originally Posted by Den of Earth View Post
    NTW is by far my favorite TW game. I have over 1200 hours of play time ! Of course I am partial to the time period. I have about 35 hours play time on Shogun and I personnally think it's a slip backwards as far as playability. The AI of course is better but as far as having unique regiments, being able to occupy,defend and heal in outlaying buildings, place an army(corps) on a road to cut supply(money), I could go on. I quickly got bored with Shogun sieges. They all seem about the same, time after time. Maybe I just haven't played enough. I found myself disappointed and went back to NTW with renewed vigor.
    Wow, 1200 hours, congratulations.

I love the epicness and variety of the NTW battles, plus I'm a military pomp freak so every time I see Dragoons and special regiments I love it.

I believe I passed 200 hours by now, it's definitely a great game.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

I have over 1500 on ETW and a bit over 1000 on NTW but it has been a few months since I played.

My gaming rig is on the fritz so I have played some less demanding games of late.

They are both fine games. It is just a shame they couldn’t retrofit NTWs changes into ETW. That would have made it one super game had it worked out.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Wow, that's quite a number of hours Fisherking.

Indeed about the NTW/ETW combination, but I think that it's better suited that way because Napoleon has a "tighter" campaign and a "tighter" interface, almost perfectly suited for the game.

Proud

Been to:

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Same question as on the ETW forum, given the lack of activity of the subforums when it comes to ETW and NTW.

To be honest with you, NTW has moved up to second place in my favourite TW game. I've been playing it like crazy lately, completing campaigns and trying out different tactics to use for multiplayer later on, and it's a great game. Downloading mod packs now to improve my enjoyment, and I find it a really solid game, much improved over ETW that can provide some good fun. Glad I bought the Imperial Edition package as well.

Still playing?
    i oredi played NTW for 559 hours(and still not finish British,France,Austria and Spain campaign...),but there is 1 guy call blackbird played NTW more than 1000 hours.....
    In all warfare,speed is the key!

Member Member Asteroids Champion, Run N Gun Champion, Hook Line & Sinker Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Street Racer Champion, Pipe Mania Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Boxteroid Champion, Spider Jump Champion, Asteroids 2k3 Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Desert Battle Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Burger Time Champion, Bug Juice Champion, Plastic Saucer Champion, Quick Shot Champion, Shuriken Challenge Champion, James Bomb Champion, Gary Golf Champion, Red Beard Champion, Crazy Cars Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Space Runner Champion, Submarine Champion, Space Rescue Champion, Roller Blaze Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, Radial Snake Champion, Kirby's Star Scramble Champion, Chicken Champion, Shootout Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Space Hunter Champion, Jail Break Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Mouse Kill Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Takion Champion, Jet Pac Stan Champion, Warthog Launch Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Iceberg Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion, Shoot The Gatso Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Fall Down Champion, Invasion 2196 Champion, Frogger Champion, Skeleton Park Champion, Slack Man Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Duck Tracker Champion, Bunny Grab Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, jetpacker Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Lift Champion, Brighton Bounty Champion, V:force Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Tiger Moth Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Rotation Champion, Jack's Bar Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Ninja Turtles 2 Champion, Ping Champion, Killer Bob Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Battle of Helms Deep Champion, Life Bouy Champion, Ice Racer Champion, Ghost 2000 Champion, Its Mine Champion, Home Run Rally Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Homeland Defense Champion, KF 9000 Champion, Stick Avalanche Champion, Paintball Champion, What-A-Shot Champion, Reactor Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Mars Patrol Champion, Starcastle Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Sonny Sunshine Champion, Home Run Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Pin Headz Champion, Fun Santa Champion, Mission Mars Champion, Tontie Champion ConjurerDragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post

Still playing?
    I have just started playing Napoleon and I’m only 10 hours into the game according to the Steam display. I bought it late when it was cheaper to buy the game and the 11 DLC’s in Octobre 2015 and my old PC could only barely run it at the minimum settings - so I stopped playing in the middle of the tutorial campaign and set it aside for the other games on my shelf.

And now with a PC somewhat faster I can use the best settings (except for shadows and sky) and it runs fine and looks good.
    Last edited by ConjurerDragon; 12-14-2017 at 17:52.