Thread: Hayasdan Reform Question

Default Hayasdan Reform Question

After many years of enjoying EB, I am playing my first Hayasdan campaign and I had what probably amounts to a fairly newbish question about their reform structure.

Is there any discernible notification for completing the Pan-Caucasus Empire reform? I believe that I have completed the objectives for it, as per the FAQ, but didn't see any indication that I had, so I wanted to make sure I was on track before continuing my campaign.

From the FAQ-
    Part1:
    -Upgrade Armavir to a Large Town
    -Build in Armavir a (market), (roads), (town_garrison)(L1 law), and (sanitize)(L1 health).
    = (Homeland resource will appear in Armavir)

I have done this.

Part 2:
    -Build a Type1 government in Armavir
    = (Improved government resources will appear around the Caucasus region)

This has occurred.

Part 3:
    -Build Type3 or better governments in these cities (Armavir, Karkathiokerta, Ani-Kamah, Phraaspa, Kotais, Trapezous, Kabalaka, Mtskheta)
    = (Subjugation resources will appear in Amaseia and Mazaka)

I have built Type1 or Type2 governments in the seven aforementioned cities. Just completed the last one this past turn and I guess I was expecting a notification or something, but didn't get one.

Do I just need to transition my kingdom into the Persian Reform stage at this point and start building from there? Or did I miss something in the PC Reform stage because I didn't get any formal notification?

Thanks.

Default Re: Hayasdan Reform Question

After finished built type 1 gov in Armavir, Karkathiokerta and Ani-Kamah, and finished built type 2 gov in Phraaspa, Kotais, Trapezous, Kabalaka and Mtskheta, you should get a notification that said the Pan-Caucasus reform is finished, and the title of the Faction Leader changes from Arkah to Arkahen Arkah (or King of the Kings).

The notification is something like this:

"Praise be to the Arkahen Arkah, King of Kings, he who has united the Caucasus beneath the benevolent rule of the mighty Haior! All righteous people rejoice and his enemies tremble with fear and offer gifts so as not to sway the Arkahen Arkah to anger. Once mighty kings now serve the Arkahen Arkah with gratitude and humility. Great celebrations have been set off as the last of the boundary markers lie at the very edges of the great Pan-Caucasus Empire. From this mountain seat, who knows what the Hai Arkahen Arkah could achieve!"

That's only notification that you will get after finished that.

Subjugation resources should then appear in Amaseia and Mazaka, but no notification. You then can build type II in Amaseia and Mazaka, but that's not part of Pan-Caucasus reform. Transition to Persian Reform also not related to the changes in Amaseia and Mazaka. Even without change gov type in both cities, you can proceed to Persian Reform.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Considering I'm playing through a Hayasdan campaign right now I think I can answer this question. I don't remember any notification but your faction leader's "Faction Leader" trait should change from Hai Arkah (I believe) to Arkhan Arkah (King of Kings). It gives a whole nice bunch of pluses as well. Other than that you should be able to start the Persian Reforms in Susa and Persepolis and build Type 2 governments in Mazaka and Amaseia. In my campaign I was able to build one in Mazaka. Pontus is still my ally so I don't own Amaseia yet.

Btw, Hai campaigns are incredibly fun. I recommend them to anyone who hasn't tried yet. 220BC and I'm not even close to bored yet

Edit: Beat to the punch. Also, the notification is given along with all the traits and ancillaries FM's earn at the beginning of a new turn so you might miss it. Thats why I didn't think about it.
    Last edited by Brave Brave Sir Robin; 09-21-2010 at 23:00.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Thank you, gentlemen.
    I eventually got the message. Problem was, I was expecting it the same turn that I built my last government structure to complete the objectives. But the message didn't show up until the turn following that. I was just impatient, because I ddin't want to continue incorrectly if I'd messed something up. But I got it and am on my way to the next set of difficult, but very rewarding goals.

Cheers.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Yes imo, the Hai reforms make their late game situation interesting, something that many other factions lack. I wish there were similar reforms for various other factions in the game that were so rewarding.

Maybe EBII?
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

In the Persian Reform, if you finished reformed in several cities, homeland marker will be appear in Susa and Persepolis. You can build Gov 1 there...
    And, after finished the Persian Reform, your FL will be awarded with the title "Shahan Shah" !

Good luck for both of you in your Hayasdan Campaign and the reform! Do conquer the world with Hayasdan!

Quote Originally Posted by intifadanyz View Post
    Go go Albath! Go go Albath! Go go Albath!!!

Anyway, this is my empire:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Long Live the Arkahen Arkah! Long Live the Hayastani Empire!!!

I've conquered Susa and Persepolis for quite a long time. I built the reforms, conqueror comes, etc. Still no homeland marker. What the deal? Did I do something wrong? Do I have to build reforms elsewhere prior to this?

You must build both phase I and phase II of the conqueror series, and make sure you do this according to the tier system.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)