Thread: HAY Camp.: confused about varying townsize details - what is large, huge etc.?

Default HAY Camp.: confused about varying townsize details - what is large, huge etc.?

hello,
    can anyone enlighten me about the correct townsizes? ..to be able to build a Homeland Gov. in Armavir in the FQQ´s is quoted: upgrade to a Large town. (i´ve already built market, roads, first level garrison ["town defenders"] and first level sanitize ["simple drainage"] - if these are meant with L1?)

..so actually i thought large town is from population 6000 upwards. but i´m not so sure anymore: in the hayasdan reform guide the image for the large town is the "house of the town governor" which is for a settlement from 2000 upwards ..which i already have.? i just dont want a delay in building the homeland Gov. in case i missed something to build.?

there are varying readings about townsizes (building tree data differ from the data given in the game itself: like clicking on the building menu and there into the preview - there the five designations are until 2000 town, then large town, minor city, large city and huge city.
    in the building trees: until 2000 village, town, large town, minor city and large city.

didnt care until now about these discrepancies - with expierences i knew after some time from wich size i can build e.g. for the KH a gymnasion mikron or for all a big mining center. (where the building tree gives wrong information).

would be pleased over knowledge regarding the right nomenclature respectively the correct population for the correct townsizes.

thanks,

Kleitos

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Default Re: HAY Camp.: confused about varying townsize details - what is large, huge etc.?

Should be "large town", i.e. 2000-6000 inhabitants (over 6000 is "city")

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

Default Re: HAY Camp.: confused about varying townsize details - what is large, huge etc.?

hmm ..well, considering the image in the guide this could be true - but then i should be able to build a homeland Government..and i missed to build something. ..if so: but what? ..i built like above mentioned following this guide https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...Barbarorum-FAQ (under point IV Gameplay the reforms)

can try to build the sewers next after my great market is ready if maybe this is meant with L1 - but i doubt it ..or is in the "Pan-Caucasus Reform" the "royal administration" building necessary also? ..though not mentioned? ...for me this building seems to be only for provinces farther away and definitely necessary for the persian reforms (and provinces there).?

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Does the "homeland" resource show up in your building inventory in Armavir? It will not replace the "alliance" resource BTW. And have you activated the EB script?

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

All you have to do to build a Type I government in Armavir at the very start of the game is the following (in order):

1. Build roads and town defenders (in either order).
    2. Destroy Type III government.
    3. Build provisional government.
    4. Build Type I government.

This is because Armavir starts as a large town with a market in situ.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

thank you athanaric and vartan!

seems i was hasty with this inquiry ..really overlooked that homeland resource in my building inventory! ..only saw still the "alliances available" image there and thought this would be replaced with the homeland resource if Armavir is ready. ..yea, it was just also there further down.

of course - activating the script became a natural habit.

@vartan - yes, did it like that (after the guide) ..can destroy the type III gov. now and go on. now at least i know definitely what a large town is.

..besides: again i´m surprised with that new campaign - enjoy it very much.

but dont think actually now that i will change my guerilla tactics against the AS - with only scythian horse archers and FM´s - when i have enough resources to maintain a noteworthy infantry army as well.

..enjoy that very much and until now i use with the HAY the same tactics as with the Pahlava.