Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sigh for me the game feels dead

Default sigh for me the game feels dead

sigh for me the game feels dead

all these bugs, my avatar resetted just back to 10 and then after the latest patch new bugs, no communication or whatssover
    ladder still broken, hidden features....

i feel empty fighting this all

is it just me or do u also feel the strain?
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Default Re: sigh for me the game feels dead

The game was seriously lacking since day one of the release and really we paid to play a game in beta stage. This is what gaming has become in today's world of greedy people, it's human nature. It won't change because they have no real competition, so they can milk away as they please.

Most games r the same now..Never polished :(since a year ago I never jump into new games now.I always wait for patches/fixes. Many ppl like myself have limited time to play.. Eg. Work/family/friends.
    When I got a couple of hours free I wanna have fun enjoy,learn and improve..
    But ladder is bugged broken. And before the last patch the alt f4 kept me from playin..
    First 5 games I played all alt f4 on Me:(.. So I wasted my time for nothin..
    I hope the next patch fixes the ladder and other issues etc..
    This game could b awesome in so many ways , just hope they polish it now.
    Then I'm sure more ppl will play And return..

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you wasn't so damn picky on who you play Magyar maybe it be more fun for you perhaps?

The game is still fun for me, but it doesn't seem like there is as many people.

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEOFKINGWARMAN88 View Post
    If you wasn't so damn picky on who you play Magyar maybe it be more fun for you perhaps?

The game is still fun for me, but it doesn't seem like there is as many people.
    Many ppl left game because of the alt f4 as I stated they fix it too late:( and now still broken ladder.. so many left and play other games with better ladder unbugged system . U can't blame them , CA fault .. They need to act fast or more will leave and the competition will die:(

well it seems every tw game has been affected by basically being half finished and before they spend cash fixing it they start on the new tw title and import all the bugs from stw the first game that never got finished lol
    UglyJun
    never born never died 黒い山

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magyar Khan View Post

I know this feeling. I get it when I want to make something good, but problems keep appearing left and right and it all seems to be too much and going above my strenght.

But to be honest, I dont have it for S2TW at the moment.
    That is because I have settled for myself that the game is not perfect and perhaps only 75% of what it should be.
    But it is still good enough for me to enjoy it.

I have to say, that I am not (or not any more) looking for competitive play with a fair and meaningful ladder, or perfectly balanced starting position. I just want to have fun when I play, and this is there - usually playing with people I know.

True, the in-game ladder and MM are pretty broken and Clan Competion is skewed by zerg clans.
    But the battles themselves are fun if you play honourably and without exploits. As a result there is a lot of activity with community made competions and I belive that we can ourselves generate quite a lot of good games that way. We will need to define some good rules to avoid exploits or OP units (or just stick to playing with ppl we know to keep the Code of Honour). But I think we can get there and eventually use those parts of S2TW which are working fine for our own games.

This does take time and work, of course. The Tosa Cup started off nicely. Now we have learned that the rules need to be improved but we also know what can happen and what additonal rules are needed. I hope the first Cup can be brought to an honourable conclusion. The next Cup can run much more smoothly.
    There is a lot of good discussion ongoing about a Org hosted ladder and that looks promising (and not to forget the CWC).

And for a "map conquest" type game for clans, I understand these have been done before and I am currently trying to get such a Community Clan Competition off the ground myself. If you would like to check it out, Magyar, I would be happy for your advice or help from your experience.

I realize that not everyone is like me, just looking for fun. Some of you want to have some seriously competitive games. And on that side the situation is rather frustrating. I do understand that, and therefor, please don't shoot me for beeing so "annoyingly positive". All I want to say is, if you do feel empty, dont let it get you down but take a break from trying to improve the game and see what we can already do with what we have.
    Last edited by Nigel; 06-01-2011 at 00:22.

+1.

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

sigh for me the game feels dead

all these bugs, my avatar resetted just back to 10 and then after the latest patch new bugs, no communication or whatssover
    ladder still broken, hidden features....

After toughing it out through the lower ranks -- fighting endless 10-star opponents with armies of vet 9 everything and 5 uber retainers (hello nonexistent matchmaking) -- and making it to 14k battles, I started to have fun for a while.

Slowly but surely the BS started piling up to where I gave up after less than a week of kind of enjoying it.

why do 90% of the people online say rank 9 vets? do that many people really don't know just because a unit is rank 9 doesn't mean all skills are spent on it?

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AMP View Post
    why do 90% of the people online say rank 9 vets? do that many people really don't know just because a unit is rank 9 doesn't mean all skills are spent on it?
    When you're only level 4 without even all the units unlocked, and practically no veterans of your own to speak of, that minor detail is hardly relevant. Just like at lvl 8 when the other guy has vet 9 matchlock monks and GG, and you don't. Missing skill point or no, you still lose.

The problem with Shogun 2's MP is the whole avatar conquest set-up. Persistent vets and rank advantages in an RTS was a really, really stupid idea. I don't know what they were thinking; maybe trying to have some kind of TW version of CoD unlocks. The stupidity is compounded by absolutely non-existent matchmaking.

For the next game, just retainers and avatar skill upgrades/visual customization is enough. Add a matchmaking system more sophisticated than "first player the game finds", and then we'll be doing good.
    Last edited by Graphic; 06-02-2011 at 08:53.

yup in basic the vets system is nice but CA is just not teh party being able to do this good enough.....

i like the avatar and in a way its even balanced.... a small miracle.... and the stupidity that pre patch vets are better then after patch vets... lol what a mess

and also that some points spend do whats intented and others dont.... im so uncertain about my own army.... or the retainers... people suggesting to put them again in their slots cuz some may not work after a while....
    Last edited by Magyar Khan; 06-02-2011 at 12:24.

In the begin i had hopes many bugs would be resolved fast, but now i given up. The avatar type battles are awesome, the general tree is good, the retainers got potential, but the veterans break the balance, they are so bugged, and some abilitys are so strong, while others are so useless, those abiltys themselves made the game a 'ranged' game where everything else just is a side-thing. I think CA was something to optimistic, they implemented to much additional things, while now i look back on it, the avatar general tree and the retainers are enough already, the valour and sword and shield upgrades of the past would have been good also in combination with the general tree and a good amount of retainers.

It could have been good, but not with this CA who the last years makes a habit of releasing beta games.

Of cource i dont even mention the fail of the clan competition, the ladder fail, the cheat options which can make youre opponents drop, and the whole mm setup problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    When you're only level 4 without even all the units unlocked, and practically no veterans of your own to speak of, that minor detail is hardly relevant. Just like at lvl 8 when the other guy has vet 9 matchlock monks and GG, and you don't. Missing skill point or no, you still lose.

The problem with Shogun 2's MP is the whole avatar conquest set-up. Persistent vets and rank advantages in an RTS was a really, really stupid idea. I don't know what they were thinking; maybe trying to have some kind of TW version of CoD unlocks. The stupidity is compounded by absolutely non-existent matchmaking.

For the next game, just retainers and avatar skill upgrades/visual customization is enough. Add a matchmaking system more sophisticated than "first player the game finds", and then we'll be doing good.
    Most vets are missing more than just a skill point when you're talking about playing with v9 monks and v9 ggs and those that do spend all points are really pissing away some koku when playing @ 14k...

When my buddy wolf fast started out playing this about a month ago his first 5 games all of which were against higher ranks ALL d/c'ed on him, but of course he's xp'ed with TW and rank doesn't = skill.

STW2 is more about build than skill, but that's the future for ya and some people I talked to like it this way sadly... I prefer it be more on how you use the units on the battlefield and not a dice roll.

I like the Avatar idea, but it's just out of balance in areas with things like... a melee gen with no counters to worry about when playing against low ranks and vets getting free fatigue reduction that new players don't have the luxary of just yet

Matchlocks are abit op but can be countered by low ranks same with great guards, just most of course don't know what to do. Any game that I start out playing I never minded getting spanked alot because I would learn from it. At least the online harassment isn't like other RTS games I played, so you don't have to worry about people rubbing it in when they spank you, but things like that never got to me anyway.

They're still fixing,I would wait for the pathces.How can you say that people are too greedy now?

. This is what gaming has become in today's world of greedy people, it's human nature
    Last edited by Gregoshi; 06-02-2011 at 18:19. Reason: Removed unkind words

Quote Originally Posted by Takeda Shogunate View Post
    They're still fixing,I would wait for the pathces.How can you say that people are too greedy now?

. This is what gaming has become in today's world of greedy people, it's human nature
    Greed has nothing to do with human nature its learned, encouraged but is not natural ok
    and no they have never adreesed the basic problems since stw we still waiting for patches in that game!!
    Last edited by UglyJun; 06-04-2011 at 23:07.
    UglyJun
    never born never died 黒い山

what abu said is almost exactly my sentiments. but i don't think that they put too much new stuff in the game at all, in the 90s updating graphics, re-skinning, tweaking the GUI, and selling it over for 50 dollars as a "standalone expansion (which is an oxymoronic term invented by marketing to increase the price by 20 dollars)" would not fly (except for maybe a sports game). in fact one of the main reasons this game feel any different than gunpowder is because the setting has changed so radically, once they start releasing medieval 3 and rtw 2 in 2012 and 2013 respectively it will become obvious how these new games are nothing but mods in terms of new content.

instead the problem with this game and every TW since i started playing online is chronically short development times. I'm fairly certain CA actually has some of the best programmers in the entire world (no exaggeration) but a 1 year development cycle is proving - not that it needed proving - is proving that that even the most modest additions and improvements are impossible to implement, no matter what your budget or talent level. the time is just not there. and that is assuming extremely good management, when in fact indications are rather opposite.

lets face it, avatar system and ladder and clan comp were the 3 main selling points of this game. and, despite the fact that 3 months after release none of those actually work as intended, these changes have a large impact on the way the game plays but from a developmental perspective none of this is ground breaking, not even close. a system of unlocks and RPG like progression has already been done by dozens of other companies in dozens of other games. A ladder is even more basic. to implement these things is simply a matter of following in the foot steps of other games and developers that have already led the way. but they can't even do that within the allotted time.

the series is stagnant for the foreseeable future and there are only a couple hopes:

1) a billionaire buys the franchise and personally funds development out of pocket (see: ted turner with gods and generals)
    2) blizzard buys the series
    3) bungie software (the company that made one of the first if not the first true RTT in 1996) decides to go back to basics, thumb their noses at the MS overlords who want a new halo clone over and over, and make a RTT that exposes TW for the amateur effort it really is and i can leave this garbage game for a real software developer who's release date is, and i quote, "when it's done."

in other words i'm saying the series is ****** and it won't get better.
    Last edited by Cu'Roi; 06-03-2011 at 11:14.

I was so excited when in an interview a few months before launch CA said that every game they focus massively on one aspect every time they create a game and this time (finally) it was multiplayer. But instead of making a really solid, bug-free, balanced, competitive multiplayer experience they tried to do way to much for the time they spent on it - if they wanted to do all of the campaign MP and Avatar and MM that they did they should have spent another 6 months or more getting it right, BETA's, community involvement etc. If they weren't prepared to put in that time then they should have just made a more basic but solid and balanced MP experience and made it simple but fun. I was shocked how difficult it was to just jump in and play when I first tried it and I'm sure that put so many people off. Then the pathetic state of bugs/crashes/drops etc if you actually stick it out put off all but the most persistent lovers of the game who can battle through it. In my opinion they ruined multiplayer before they even started.

I really thought STW2 was going to get me back into TW properly (I played religiously/exclusively from STW until end of VI era) but I played STW2 for 2 weeks and whenever I go online now and try MM and face absurdly superior armies, or drops if I do start doing well, or crashes whenever the hell it feels like it I just think what's the point this is hardly much fun and go back to other games. I still play Company of Heroes and over FIVE years down the line they just released the best patch yet for balancing which has been in a 6 stage BETA for 4 months getting it right!! Relic weren't perfect and messed up a few times down the line but they know what keeps people playing multiplayer and all these years later there are still thousands of people playing at any one time and it really is a fantastic illustration on how solid support from the developer keeps an RTS going at a high and competitive level many years down the line.

Creative Assembly once again just don't care about multiplayer - when they actually say they will focus on it they think mass of features and gimmicks is enough when they need to understand that a few basic things done very well is what an MP experience needs! And if they do want to add extra features then make damn sure they are properly developed!!

I'll stop ranting now, sad days.
    Last edited by ||GUNSLINGER||; 06-03-2011 at 12:36.

Avatar mode is dead, classic is just getting better. I'm pretty sure everyone who is even slightly interested in competitive tw will be in classic mode very soon.

yes kap, you're right. avatar is broken, and i imagine that for any players who really want to test their skill vs each other they will go classic. it's even possible that avatar mode will become a gimmicky thing that is considered for noobs.

they really do have to fix classic battle visibility in the battle list.

there is a way (albeit impractical) to get a fair avatar competition, but you actually have to restrict so many things that you have... a classic battle lol

it did not have to be this way, but it is.

from my own personal opinion as a gamer i friggin love avatar mode because the game is always stale to me anyway. just to keep the game fresh me and boats used to take 8 artillery pieces in ETW or all cav armies. In shogun we find ourselves taking ninja spams and play 2 v 3s in the battle list. avatar mode was the freshest thing in TW to me in a long time. you can actually spec everything out in pursuit of a certain type of army. in theory this is the coolest concept ever and involves a lot of strategy. but what we have today is a long way from that.

for me TW is like christmas but i always find i only get coal no matter what santa promises.
    Last edited by Cu'Roi; 06-03-2011 at 19:26.

classic mode also requires different banners.... why cant u take your own banner design like it is now u may end up fightin g an eemy with the same banner colour who invented that lol sigh cry sigh

I wait to c wot the next patch will bring! Simple as that, as I stated before won't waste my limited time on a bugged beta gAme.. Those days r behind me now..;)
    They not gunna patch this game forever! B lucky if u get 5 patches max :(
    So let's c but most know CA to well so won't hold my breathe:p
    Hoowwwlll

Well....I don't know why you people complain anyway.Go and play some other and game if you're not pleased.I am sick to death of hearing you people moan about ''the game sucks'' or ''CA is corrupt,they never care about us''.

Well let me tell you this.Did they have the technology to do it in 1999?No.Thanks to the tax cuts in the UK,schools,hopsitials and other companies have to cut jobs,and the government is paying a massive debt.Once Britain is out of the reseccion thing,and they get rid of the tax cuts,then can CA buy new equipment to patch the games you want them to.For now...everything is limited here.So to patch the games does take time.If yo

Strange how you can call them corrupt.I played M2TW yesterday and I had enormous amounts of fun,no matter the glitches,bugs,blah,blah.

Eureka!You see ,they announced this game on October 2010.And now its May...no April, thats either 5 or 6 months.What they should have done is start from October 2010,and release it........November 2011.The game would have been fully fixed.Apart from some minor glitches,it would have been yes,fixed.

But nothing is perfect.Greed is temptation and its a part of Human nature.

Oh,and for those of you who say the ''the game is dead''.Its not,Its alive,I play loads of times!Bloody amazing game.There are people who make the game alive really.

Sure there are problems in the games,I'm playing MP,and yet it crashes during battle,why?Due to the computer.You know .. although the game was released,many of you started to complain,I don't think it was partly the game's fault,it was you're computer.When a total war game releases do you ever update your drivers?
    Last edited by Marshall Louis-Nicolas Davout; 06-04-2011 at 18:29.

hahhaha this is a funny post thank u for it...made me laugh

3 matchlocks stacked behind eachother literally 3 units back to back. and they can fire. and kill a general that is behind its own units, then get sniped through friendlys and enemy units 6 deep in the ranks!

WTF just happened!! did that really........ well I must throw the message away before it explodes.........

.. somtimes doesnt make sense!

..... what did I miss?
    Last edited by AggonyReborn; 06-05-2011 at 10:29.
    I obey the rose.

Honour and Friendship

They've learnt to bend the bullets 'Wanted' style. :D
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

hahhaha this is a funny post thank u for it...made me laugh
    Really?Well thank you for not understanding my post.I don't think you could have figured it out.You can't even understand what I say,thank you Mp.

@ Takeda....
    I complain cause the gAme is beta and bugged in so many ways..
    I payed good money for this gAme yet it's not polished..mp ladder is screwed and many other issues..
    So IMO I have the rite to complain, and as I stated already I'm not playing this game until it's patched more..
    But in the mean time I can complain, the only way to get some fixes with CA is the throw it in their faces..
    The community have now become the beta testers after months of release and that's lol.. CA have listened but r they gunna fix the rest of the bugs/issues or they gunna move onto their next project???
    That's wot concerns me,because with a little more work and fixes this game could b awesome
    This game got so much potential , would b a shame if they don't tweak it:(
    @Magy, yup makes me lol too, but makes me cry also. I fell in love with the original stw, so mAny fun times. Just mAkes me sad ATM with the current state of stw2:(

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Well, to be fair to Takeda, you all will have to admit that if you come to this site as a new member and just want to enjoy playing in the community with the nice new game you have bought (and the game is pretty nice if you do not have the comparison of STW1 or MTW/VI), then the mood on this forum can sometimes be pretty depressing....

Really, Takeda, you have to know the history of this site and then you can better understand why everyone seems to be so agressive towards CA. It is not that we hate them. It is just that we want them to get their act together and become as good again as they once already were.
    Last edited by Nigel; 06-06-2011 at 21:49.

Quote Originally Posted by FasT View Post
    @ Takeda....
    I complain cause the gAme is beta and bugged in so many ways..
    I payed good money for this gAme yet it's not polished..mp ladder is screwed and many other issues..
    So IMO I have the rite to complain, and as I stated already I'm not playing this game until it's patched more..
    But in the mean time I can complain, the only way to get some fixes with CA is the throw it in their faces..
    The community have now become the beta testers after months of release and that's lol.. CA have listened but r they gunna fix the rest of the bugs/issues or they gunna move onto their next project???
    That's wot concerns me,because with a little more work and fixes this game could b awesome
    This game got so much potential , would b a shame if they don't tweak it:(
    @Magy, yup makes me lol too, but makes me cry also. I fell in love with the original stw, so mAny fun times. Just mAkes me sad ATM with the current state of stw2:(
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Well, to be fair to Takeda, you all will have to admit that if you come to this site as a new member and just want to enjoy playing in the community with the nice new game you have bought (and the game is pretty nice if you do not have the comparison of STW1 or MTW/VI), then the mood on this forum can sometimes be pretty depressing....

Really, Takeda, you have to know the history of this site and then you can better understand why everyone seems to be so agressive towards CA. It is not that we hate them. It is just that we want them to get their act together and become as good again as they once already were.
    Right,I'll provideyou with a full answer when I have the time,here's a taste:

Its not a game that is in Beta-Relaese anymore.
    mp ladder is screwed and many other issues..
    Well what da ya expect?Not all games are prefect on release.

rite>?How do you have the right to complain when you can't even write ''right''.

You know,in M2TW ,in the creidts they say ''Special thanks to the org''.There are many people would disagree with you on this.I am a community member,but I am no beta tester.The game is qid pro and quite brilliant.

they gunna move onto their next project???

So what?They have teams working on fixing Shogun 2 and ones that are making new ones!If you were head of CA,what would you do?Fix the gaems and don't any relase any new ones?

Really Nigel.It would be good for once if these people would stop insulting CA staff.Stop calling them corrupt,stop calling them as ''unfair,''They don't listen to us''.There are members that hate CA,just because there's no patches.One of them said to me that they would be better of without total war.They would like a ''new company'' to repalce CA.This has been said by Org.Members.They have always delivered what ever you ungrateful people asked.become as good again as they once already were. They have been working for 11 years.I don't think it is that wise to tell them that,they've always been the best,thats why they have no major rival.

It is not that we hate them,You hate them.

Thanks to the tax cuts in the UK,schools,hopsitials and other companies have to cut jobs,and the government is paying a massive debt.Once Britain is out of the reseccion thing,and they get rid of the tax cuts,then can CA buy new equipment to patch the games you want them to.For now...everything is limited here.So to patch the games does take time.
    You 2 have completley igroned my answer.Its the TAX cUTS that is doing this!

I'll edit it this and try to explain my point,I've played shogun 1 and I loved it.
    Last edited by Marshall Louis-Nicolas Davout; 06-07-2011 at 13:04. Reason: Full answer is now aviable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast