Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The EBII Recruitment thread

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Default Re: The EBII Recruitment thread

I would like to offer my help, for what it is worth, to the EB II Team in the area of traits and ancillaries.

In the past I have developed and published two minimods for EB - Spoils of Victory and my own take on Roman legions (as an alternative adaptation of Atraphoenix Extended Offices Mod, in which development i too assisted a bit). Besides that I have made a few minor tweaks in EDCT, EDA, EDB, EDU and EBBS for my own purposes.

I have recently at last installed M2TW:Kingdoms and tested that i am capable of modding that one too.

I am now taking my parental time so for the next year or so I will be with my kids at home, which gives me much more free time that I could devote to EBII than my quite demanding daily job had.

I admit that my modding experience is limited so far, but I am willing and capable to learn new things and I would not mind to start just as a "computer monkey" doing the more straightforward things.

If my help could be of any value to the Team, I will be much honored.

We're looking in some assignements we could give you, I don't know if someone else already PMd you, just letting you know.

Your offer is very interresting ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing you on the dev forums!

Minister of Useless Tidbits Member joshmahurin's Avatar

I'm still waiting for any reply on helping make those description XML conversions

Ah, I had expected you to PM me here instead and with my current workloads I kind of forgot all about it. If you are up for it the job consists of analysing plain text and converting it to an XML format (using UTF-8 for character encoding).

Let's take it to PMs. Could you please send me a PM in which you give me a bit of an overview of what your knowledge is of XML (and XSLT, if applicable) ?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I suppose I could be a historian. I mean, I'm not like a history major but I'd like to say that I know enough. Plus I'm in high school so I have a lot of spare time. Message me. I could probably help with Persians, Parthians, and the Bosporans. Tell me what you need and I will try my best

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

PM sent

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Hi everyone!
    My name is Alessandro, i'm an IT consultant working in Rome , eager to give an hand with your wonderfull project!
    I 've already spoken with Red_Devil and Haithabas, the first guiding me a bit in what will be my duties, and the second introducing me at this org forum.
    In this time i'm getting confident with the md2tw coding system, but it appears very simple , i'm already capable of adding traits&retinue, triggering them in different ways.
    for example being for a number x of turns in a settlement y that has building z, or if some other conditions are meet ( traits owned, region_id, not already owned and so on).
    My next step is trying some more complicated trigger.
    For example, i want to retrieve a "relic" from a carrying enemy general that has been killed in battle.(this evening i will focus on this)
    If you have some other interesting tasks to challenge my coding skills in order to getting me more and more confident with all the script system, that will be appreciated :)

See you soon!

(here's my .net post on forums Alexandrivs)
    Last edited by Alexandrivs; 12-12-2012 at 21:39.

PM sent on TWC

Hi! My primary qualifications are in historical linguistics and anthropology, and I have some interesting points to raise about a few topics mostly related to patterns of economic activity (particularly involving migratory pastoralists) dynamics of group identity, and the sociology of tiered societies as modeled by the MTW engine. I understand, though, that whatever contribution I might be able to make with those qualifications won't speed up the release appreciably, and in any case I think the forum is a better venue for some of those topics. I'm not sure how much help I can be - my artistic skills are not appreciably extant, and while I have a little bit of coding experience it's not as if I'm hugely in practice, and I don't have any experience with the MTW code itself. If there's anything I can do, I would very much like to help. In the very least, I've been working a lot lately with East and Central Asian languages of the period, and I could provide more accurate names for some provinces and units than those given in EB 1.2.

I hope I can be of help!

Good afternoon, Gentlemen

I would like to help with EB II 's development, as it's the first mod I ever played, and the most historically accurate I've ever seen. I'm familiar to various degrees with everything not related to traits/ancillaries, for the current beta of The Ruins of Arnor . May I be of any use?

regards,
    Beorn
    Last edited by Beorn; 01-14-2013 at 14:58.

Hi, im a computer science student going into grad school next semester. I saw somewhere that you needed scripters still. I have plenty of time this summer and would be interested in scripting or any thing else you might need like programming. I don't have much experience scripting in MTW2 but im sure if i could learn if theirs some tutorials out there. In terms of modding experience i have quite a bit in Starcraft 2 modding (i also have some 2d UI creation experience and modeling experience in my Starcraft 2 modding, but i dont really like it and i highly doubt id be good enough anyways), but other than that none. So if your interested in someone who has plenty of time but needs to learn a bit send me a pm and we can talk.
    Last edited by LemmyWinks; 05-01-2013 at 21:46.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LemmyWinks View Post
    Hi, im a computer science student going into grad school next semester. I saw somewhere that you needed scripters still. I have plenty of time this summer and would be interested in scripting or any thing else you might need like programming. I don't have much experience scripting in MTW2 but im sure if i could learn if theirs some tutorials out there. In terms of modding experience i have quite a bit in Starcraft 2 modding (i also have some 2d UI creation experience and modeling experience in my Starcraft 2 modding, but i dont really like it and i highly doubt id be good enough anyways), but other than that none. So if your interested in someone who has plenty of time but needs to learn a bit send me a pm and we can talk.
    The will to learn and invest time is more important than the skill one owns. However, being short on man power we don't anyone who can actively teach. There are however many tutorials both on the .org and TWC when it comes to most parts of modding.

Someone will send you a pm soon.

Just posted on the recruitment thread on TWC. Will provide link when the whales stop biting the cross-atlantic cables.

Sounds interesting... Can we have a clue?

I didn't want to "double-post", but in essence I was just asking if your "Outsourcing Initiative" extends to coding/scripting? I'm not ready to join a Mod Team at present, but I'm already porting a lot of VnV code over to M2TW so I would like to contribute in a limited capacity. My area is VnV's only.

/KP

Ninja edit: looks like the Whales are giving TWC a break now. Reminds me of the old RTR forums actually :)
    Linky: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post12815960
    Last edited by King Philip II; 05-05-2013 at 13:03.

I think we can make use of your skills in a limited way as you suggest, I will get one of our more technically gifted team members to contact you.

Thanks Brennus, I look forward to be contacted

/KP

Athena's favorite Member Vlixes's Avatar

Hey, I have read you need a spanish speaking historian. My only drawback is that, although I am a historian (got a University degree) I am not specialized in this period and less in the Spanish peninsula; but I could spent some time in weekends to read all the information regarding the subject that is only available in my language. So, if you find this worthy, PM me. I have alreday a archeological book on the subject.
    Quetzalcóatl, The Feathered Serpent.
    Greek/Roman/Spanish/Mexican
    From Tellos Athenaios as welcome to Campus Martius
    Welt ist ein Geltungsphänomen
    Edmund Husserl
    τὰ δε πὰντα οἰακίζει κεραυνόϛ
    Ἡράκλειτος ὁ Ἐφέσιος

Member thankful for this post:

Skyn0s 

What was your degree in? Which aspect of history?

Quote Originally Posted by Brennus View Post
    What was your degree in? Which aspect of history?
    I got a "Maestría". "Maestría" is not equivalent to a Masters. Although Maestría is a degree you take after getting the career degree, you have to write a thesis and assist to seminars 2 years. In my country we know this post-degree as "posgrados". There are two "posgrados": Maestría: 2 years; and Doctorado (Ph.D.) 4 to 5 years. For the basic degree or "grado" (4 years in humanities) you have to write a thesis too. Well, I know you didn't asked this, but I thought it could be an element to consider. I'm specialized in History of Ideas and my degree was in History (just like that), though my thesis treats early XX century. I know my subject has almost nothing to do with the EB scope, but I thought I could help due to my history and spanish knowledege and, of course, the EB passion.
    Edmund Husserl
    Ἡράκλειτος ὁ Ἐφέσιος

Skyn0s 

PM sent.

First time poster, long-time lurker. I've enjoyed EB for many moons now, and would like to offer my services as a 2d artist and perhaps with 3D modeling and skinning. I'm a Graphic Designer by trade and have worked as lead designer of Scourge of War (scourgeofwar.com)... PM me if I can be of any help!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/signaturepics/sigpic97192_4.gif

Skyn0s 

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    First time poster, long-time lurker. I've enjoyed EB for many moons now, and would like to offer my services as a 2d artist and perhaps with 3D modelling and skinning. I'm a Graphic Designer by trade and have worked as lead designer of Scourge of War (scourgeofwar.com)... PM me if I can be of any help!
    If no one pm'ed you yet, someone soon will.

Also I've read about Scourge of War in articles and it was rated very highly for being realistic, detailed, educational, strategic and fun. Actually I should try it out some time.

Hello , i m a fan of your mods and i saw on Mundu Bellicus , you are searching a numidian expert . I have a very good knowledge of numidian history , dynasty ,mithology ,armies ... I often go to Algeria to visit antic cities and monuments . You can contact me if you are interested .

:) Thank You

Members thankful for this post (2):

PM sent

Hello, I am a huge fan of Europa Barbarorum, I found about the mod 3 months ago and when I heard that EBII is being made I got really excited. I do not know if the help I want to offer can acctually be used, but if it can I am more than glad to help. I have a fairly good knowledge on the ancient greek languege. Being a greek my self I have studied more than 6 years in school of ancient greek. I got really excited when I heard the units in game, speaking/using ancient greek words and phrases, it was awesome. But some of them are pronounced wrong unfortunately, so I thought maybe I could help with the units voices for the greek speaking factions and the mercenary units. Maybe to add some cool phrases too if you need (by the way the ones that are used in EB are awesome, great job from you guys to put so much effort in the speaking element of the units in every faction). As I said, I am more than willing to help (the only reason i made an account in totalwar.org :P) If my help isn't needed, no biggy ;) Its still an awesome mod without the proper pronounciation. Good luck and keep up the awesome work, I am sure I will enjoy EBII more than Rome 2 ;):P

Emil

Vlixes 

Quote Originally Posted by Emilius Maximus View Post
    Hello, I am a huge fan of Europa Barbarorum, I found about the mod 3 months ago and when I heard that EBII is being made I got really excited. I do not know if the help I want to offer can acctually be used, but if it can I am more than glad to help. I have a fairly good knowledge on the ancient greek languege. Being a greek my self I have studied more than 6 years in school of ancient greek. I got really excited when I heard the units in game, speaking/using ancient greek words and phrases, it was awesome. But some of them are pronounced wrong unfortunately, so I thought maybe I could help with the units voices for the greek speaking factions and the mercenary units. Maybe to add some cool phrases too if you need (by the way the ones that are used in EB are awesome, great job from you guys to put so much effort in the speaking element of the units in every faction). As I said, I am more than willing to help (the only reason i made an account in totalwar.org :P) If my help isn't needed, no biggy ;) Its still an awesome mod without the proper pronounciation. Good luck and keep up the awesome work, I am sure I will enjoy EBII more than Rome 2 ;):P

Emil
    Ah but they are supposed to not sound like Classic or Attic Greek as in this time it was Koine that was spoken and written predominantly. Attic Greek is from before our time frame and mainly restricted to Athens. Later it was readopted due to Athens cultural heritage during it's heydays. Which were seen as the heydays of Greek culture in general.

Well, he never said he was talking about Attic Greek. What's normally taught is koiné (at least in my country's classical studies).
    Last edited by Vlixes; 05-31-2013 at 05:09.
    Edmund Husserl
    Ἡράκλειτος ὁ Ἐφέσιος

Well, Ulises is right. What we are taught is Koine after the first 2 years (which are "Homeric" time greek). And the reason why Koine greek is taught even in the Universities is because if you know how Koine greek works its very easy to read the other dialects too. Because attic greek was just a dialect with minimal differences from the common greek. Same with all the other dialects. The irony is that even today thats how the things work with modern Greek. We learn in school the common modern greek but still there are areas that kept their own dialects, for example greco-Pontians still speak differently, same with the Cretans, Cyprians, Macedonians, Thracians, Eperotians, Thessalians and so on.. They still have their own dialects but every one can understand each other. I believe thats what it used to be back then too. Anyways, my point is I can tell the difference and if you need to go in that much detail, I can still help if you need me to, with the dialects and all.

Ah okay, here they teach Attic at college and only Koine to those who study classical history of philology at university.

I'll put you into contact with paullus, I think he's in charge of the Greek language these days. The ones from EB I are either inactive or now have another focus of work.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast