Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3 released!

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3 released!

Greetings fans of Europa Barbarorum!

It's been over two years since our last release, a lot of things happened which conspired to stop the patch releasing within just a few months of 2.35, as we had originally hoped. The team's roster has gone up and down, people have been pulled away to deal with things in their personal lives, and much else besides. Contrary to rumours this would never appear, we have actually been very rigorously playtesting this patch for about the last two months.

Sure we could have released one of those earlier versions, but if you could see the number of bugs, omissions, gaps and silly errors, you wouldn't have been impressed with the final product. We didn't want to be in the position of releasing a Day One patch, like a lot of AAA games do. We also had some fun and games working out how to apply this patch to Mac and Linux, without having to release a "fat patch" that was three times the size of this one. Fortunately, some clever people found a way, and so everyone can download the same file.

As a result of all that playtesting, we are pretty confident that this is a very stable release, and as long as you follow the instructions and do your own research, you will be able to complete any campaign you begin. As ever, we still expect people to find things that have been overlooked; while we have new tools and more internal playtesters, there are things we may have missed, or which need a longer play-through to appreciate the impact. Use this thread to report your feedback, if you have any bugs, use the appropriate subforum. If you feel inspired enough to do a Let's Play or the like, let us know so we can promote it.

There is a lot of new content here, not just the new units you've seen previewed on the feeds. We might add a changelog at some point to give more detail, but many factions will have changes specific to them, and overall gameplay has had some updates which will apply to everyone. Including faction re-emergence that now works properly (thanks Erken)! What isn't here, I'm afraid, are the new settlement models, because they're just too big to include. You will get them in 2.4, which will be a full installer.

Whether you are new to EBII or have played before, we'd still recommend you browse the updated Player's Guide.

As always it's necessary to be absolutely explicit about this point:

THIS RELEASE IS NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE

Installation instructions

These instructions are not optional, we've learned through bitter experience what is necessary to make the game work on the various platforms out there.

We would recommend that you uninstall and make a fresh installation of EBII v2.35 before you attempt to patch, following the instructions in the thread for 2.35. As always, make sure your M2TW installation is outside of Program Files/Program Files x86. If your game is installed there, the patch will not work.

Let me repeat that, if your game is installed in Program Files or Program Files x86, the patch will not work. The files will be selectively applied, if at all, and the patch won't run.

1) Download the patch: Torrent link | Direct Download 1 | Direct Download 2

If you have the means to host the files, please do so and share the link - I'll update this post with it.

1a) Download this post-release fix. Check it says "v2.35A R3.5" on your main menu to confirm successful patching.

2a - Windows) Open the zip and copy and paste the "data" folder over that same folder in your EBII folder. Say "yes" to overwrite all files.

2b - Mac) Use ditto to copy the files and directories intelligently. Say "yes" to overwrite all files.

2c - Linux) Use the rsync command to copy the files and structure. Say "yes" to overwrite all files.

3) Start a EB2 campaign. WAIT for the game to generate the world, the game has not frozen, it takes time to do this on your very first campaign. It's generating the map.rwm file.

4) There may be a “Fatal Graphics Error” and crash to the desktop when you start the campaign only on the very first time. This is normal (though is less common than it was), just start the game again.

Change List

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    To follow

And finally...

In closing - EBII is still not complete. We are not finished - there will be future releases. We are at around 85% complete now - what we still need, what we always need, are more willing volunteers. If you are a 3D artist able to work with 3DS Max or Milkshape, or a 2D artist skilled with Photoshop who can work to instructions, we want you. If you have a knowledge in ancient history and a desire to contribute, we want you. If you are a scripter or coder, and have some familiarity with the files used here (compiled with C++ I believe), we want you. If you can proofread and edit XML files accurately, we want you. If you can playtest the ever-living crap out of a game, then do it all over again after a minor change, we want you. If you like the mod, and are eager to learn how to do something that can help to contribute, we want you. Apply here.

As ever, thank you for your support and remember to read more history.

- The Europa Barbarorum II Team
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 06-25-2021 at 22:43. Reason: R3 link added
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Member thankful for this post:

Thumbs up Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A released!

Thank you EB team for many years of fun and for teaching me about history.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A released!

Updated the fix-patch in the first post - this is Release 2 to apply to whatever v2.35A installation you currently have.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

The Release 3 patch is in the original post. It's a lot bigger than R2, now 200MB compared to 40MB.

Paste over either v2.35A+R1 or v2.35A+R1+R2. Either way it won't work without R1. If it doesn't throw up any howlers, I'll replace the R1 link with a properly integrated big zip.

Good morning. First thank you for this wonderful mod. I try to download from torrent or link 1 but I see that the file to download is : EBII 2.35A Patch final R1 rar and not R3. Is it okay anyway? However, for me it is too complicated the installation of the mod and patch. Can you make it easier? maybe a single self-installing file? Thank you

Hey there, are the links in first post down?

There no links for files to go from EB 2.35 to the latest.

Please post some.

Thanks!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Hi EB team - a small request if we may, can you please update the download links? They don't seem to work.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Hats off to all of you who keep the dream alive.
    Much respect!

when is the next update?

The release date of the next version is not certain. Maybe around Christmas, maybe later.

when to wait for an update or not to wait?

We are in phase of pre-release testing. The new version should be out soon (but rather not in this month), but there is no strict date for it.
    Last edited by Zarrr; 02-22-2023 at 10:33.

will there be marriages between Hellenistic states in the renewal?

Hy, can you please update the download links for the patch! Only the post-release fix download link is working, but i can not install, without the patch, right?! I like this mod very much, and i like mostly the original languages from the individual peoples. But now I spend a lot of time in the Parthians campaign. And your patch ist not at mod/db. I found it here. So please update

Quote Originally Posted by Stratego View Post
    Hy, can you please update the download links for the patch! Only the post-release fix download link is working, but i can not install, without the patch, right?! I like this mod very much, and i like mostly the original languages from the individual peoples. But now I spend a lot of time in the Parthians campaign. And your patch ist not at mod/db. I found it here. So please update
    We have unfortunately lost the login details for our moddb account :( . Please go to our page on TWC for the lastest download links.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

hi realm56, I'm here ;) and ready to help if still needed.

Hello,
    Thanks for your answer! On TWC there are the same download links that don't work as on this page,
    Direct Download 1 (Gofile.io) | Direct Download 2 (Google Drive) links don't work, only the link for the fix.
    Please update the link for the patch. Here at the top of this page! I hope you understood what I mean! Thanks

I wanted to post the link from TWC here, but I wasn't allowed to. The links are dead there too.
    Last edited by Stratego; 10-09-2023 at 10:57.

I noticed that the trackers for the 2.35A R1 torrent are unresponsive. The two download pages are down as well. I have taken the liberty (if you'll pardon me) of mirroring both the 2.35A R1 patch as well as the 2.35A R3.5 post-release fix on my EB Online server. The links are as follows:

EB II 2.35A R1 patch
    https://files.ebmultiplayer.com/eb2/...FINAL%20R1.rar

EB II 2.35A R3.5 post-release fix
    https://files.ebmultiplayer.com/eb2/...35A%20R3.5.zip
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Members thankful for this post (2):

Thank you very much, I didn't believe in it anymore.
    Good thing I checked again, even though no one responded to my emails and posts! In doing so, you have also helped others who have already asked for the patch before me without success! Grateful greetings to Vartan!

vartan 

Voting for the ModDB 2023 Mod of the Year Award is on! Vote here if you think EBII deserves that honour: https://www.moddb.com/mods/europa-barbarorum-2

Voting will be open for one week only so cast your ballot!
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

What are the green badges in the retinue of the leader of the Aedui without a description?

is the new version 2.4 coming out?on https://www.moddb.co...loads/ebii-v2-4 they write that version 2.4 is coming out in 5 hours.

Yes, 2.4 will be released tomorrow.
    Last edited by Zarrr; 12-24-2023 at 20:19.

where can I download it from?

Ludens 

Where can I find out the changes compared to 2.35?

they wrote version 2.35, the mod is 85% ready, and mod 2.4, how much is the mod 100% ready or not yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast