Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The EBII Recruitment thread

Default Re: The EBII Recruitment thread

Hello,

I am not sure if you are in need of any help right now, but I thought I'd volunteer since I'm almost desperate for a new hobby.

Here are a few things I'm skilled at:
    - scripting in Python (I do this at work and school)
    - modeling in SketchUp (is it possible that I could make city models in SketchUp for use with the mod? I'll put some time into researching this)
    - English (need proofreading?)

PM sent.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Forgot to add, I can also proofread if you need some of that. Both GA and RP, a little biased towards RP though.

By the way, was the piece I submitted useful to you guys?
    Last edited by athanaric; 01-17-2012 at 13:08.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

I would love to help out with the culture of the Persians/Iranians, since i love to read about history and i have a HUGE amount of spare time.

Hey EB-Team,

Some month ago i offered my help , but i never get a response.

Today i add some of my new works.

Modeling in Google Sketchup and repainted/matt painted in PS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insulagoogle.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	4960

Name:	insula.jpg 
Views:	642 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	4959

A simple yes or no would suffice. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skynet464 View Post
    I would love to help out with the culture of the Persians/Iranians, since i love to read about history and i have a HUGE amount of spare time.
    As you know most of the research is done and you need to show knowledge of that field. Also you didn't mention in what area do you wan't to help(unit research, province and/or unit descriptions, etc.)
    However that is an area where we would need assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Haithabas View Post
    Hey EB-Team,

Some month ago i offered my help , but i never get a response.

Today i add some of my new works.

Modeling in Google Sketchup and repainted/matt painted in PS.

Name:	insulagoogle.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	4960

Name:	insula.jpg 
Views:	642 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	4959

A simple yes or no would suffice. thanks
    I would like to apologize for that, I've re-checked that and the thing is we don't really need concept artists as that's not what we are missing and wouldn't really help the development.
    Also you showed too little, a nice concept of Hye Sparapet and some unfinished drawings...

However you clearly have some Photoshop skills which could be used for unit skinning and some modelling skills for some campaign map work.(watchtowers, forts, ports, characters, etc.)

So the areas where we need help would be: UI(design work, campaign and battle GUI), units(modelling and/or skinning), campaign map.

I'll forward your submission to the team and the meantime I would like to know in what area you would like to contribute.
    You can PM for any further questions.
    Last edited by Tux; 03-29-2012 at 14:45.

How are you on the Roman Music side of things, I am currently starting delve deeper the unexplored depths of research regards the music of the Romans

Send us a sample of your work, please.

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

Hello,

I would like to join EB Team, if you still need in help of course. That's what I can offer you:

3D Texturing (Not M2TW modding):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Horseman's Axe:

Warhammer:

2D Art (UI):

Icons:

Progress bars:

Other abilities:

Web design and programming:
    cRPG (Mount&Blade: Warband mod) HUD customizer. It's not about design, it's about technical complexity (HTML, PHP, JavaScript, jQuery, jQueryUI)

Hello.

I was a History Major who has recently graduated and find that I have a lot of time on my hands right now. I specialized in American, Irish, and Scottish history. Particularly the religion of the Picti. I just downloaded EB and think there could be some creative additions to the Britain and Ireland in regards to the religion at the time (certain gathering places and religious no-mans-land information sharing and market gathering zones would make for interesting additions should you be able to incorporate them). I have access to some books that clearly label where assorted Picti tribes were located when the Romans dealt with them. I would be happy to send you that information and help with development. I also think the historical battle of led by the Pict Calgacus (Pict losses 10,000 : Roman losses 360) would make for an interesting addition to the game. I also have done a lot of research on ancient biological warfare across the world during this time, such as Hannibal's snake catapults, scorpion bombs, methods of poisoning cities, and the poison arrows of the Steppe people.

Shoot me a mail if you are interested. I don't know how you could incorporate biological warfare, but if you could figure it out, it would make a wonderful addition to the game.

Thanks,
    Ocean
    Last edited by Ocean; 08-08-2012 at 08:38.

i´m pretty sure that just adding the historical accurate information about such tactics is already in the spirit of the original project aslong as it can be well fundamented ofc we don´t need more batlefield ninjas

@Ocean, thank you for your offer however at the moment we're lacking in the unit, mapping or scripting department.
    Most of the research is done and we lack the manpower to coordinate new members in these areas.

Maybe in the future.

You guys are going to snapped up by some company to do a complete revision once this comes out, then we'll have buy it.

They call me Flavius Member Belisarius II's Avatar

Now I know I'm probably going to have the same problem as Ocean (as you guys seem pretty well off as far as the historic research area of expertise), but I'll give it a try anyway.

Now I may not have much more to offer to the team at this point, but I'm currently studying at the University of Illinois at Chicago, working on a major in anthropology. I'm planning to go into classical archaeology. As such, I have taken numerous courses in Latin, Mediterranean and Near Eastern art, classical history, and archaeology. If you feel like you could use my help, I'd be willing to devote a good many hours into research.

If your interested, just let me know, yet I know it's a tad late to jump on the research wagon at this point.
    Thanks.
    "Possunt quia posse videntur." - Virgil - "They can because they think they can."

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

If you ever need a hand translating Greek and Latin drop me a PM. A Classics senior now and some extra practice won't hurt.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Hi, I've just heard from EB2, and I am already a great fan ;)
    I do not have special knowledge of any kind, but still would like to propose a small work i made when starting discovering the tool.
    I understood that you did not ask for any work like this and that it may not fit completely in your mod, but I thought you might be interested in this:

the work there is pretty basic, since it was just some learning example, but since it's started I guess i can finish it. walls and gates are fully functionnal, 30% of the map is made and textures used are vanilla ones, so it can still be a lot more improved. of course it's repetitive, that's to be expected.
    so, just to let you know, but I guess there might be a few problems with it (the time frame to have such forts and historical accuracy: i'm no historian, i only took maps on the internet) and then how to implement it: i've got no idea ^^.

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

@Red_Devil

Looks promising. Do you think you would be able to model circular structures, structures with columns or add textures from outside of MTW2?

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Quote Originally Posted by Brennus View Post
    @Red_Devil

Looks promising. Do you think you would be able to model circular structures, structures with columns or add textures from outside of MTW2?
    the circular structures would not be any problem, and the columns aren't except if you want to keep a low poly count... but since I do not make destroyable buildings, this does not come into account (the destroyed parts having the greatest poly numbers)

here are a few examples of what i'm talking about. those are from some settelemnt i'm working on for TATW. still a lot of work to do ^^

the textures from outside is no problem, but i only have gimp and no possibilities converting to my own .texture files, so i can only map the textures on milkshape without testing them ingame. or some other people could give me the customized .texture and that would work perfectly.

Very nice. I will send you a PM with an invite to Campus Martius once I have set up a thread for you to work in.

Nice, Red Devil.
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

@Red_Devil

Ok, someone else will PM you shortly about gaining access to Campus Martius.

This may be a longshot, but here goes: I have a history degree, though not focusing on classics, but I own Livy and I'm quite familiar with the time period. More importantly, I do a lot of reskinning and remodelling in Photoshop and Milkshape! I've never created anything from scratch, but if you need someone to edit .mesh files or crank out recolors, retextures, shields, armor patterns, etc. I would be happy to lend assistance. Here are some pictures of my work:

These shields retextured from Caudillo87:
    https://imageshack.us/a/img27/7203/scoutatoi2.jpg
    https://imageshack.us/a/img87/9213/scoutatoi1.jpg

These strat map models retextured from CBUR:
    https://imageshack.us/a/img22/7701/byzstrat.jpg

I put the various helmets on these guys and gave them chainmail:
    https://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...fyrdchain.jpg/

I'm also experienced in editing the EDU, battle_models, descr_strat, descr_mount, descr_character, etc. etc.

Finally, I write, mix, and edit music and have a highly musical background.

Cheers!

That sounds interesting.

Statistical anomaly Member []Aba's Avatar
    Standing on a planet that's evolving and revolving at 900 miles an hour

I sent a PM to JRMC in the TWC. Do you guys still visit that forum?
    =================================================

They've bled us white, the bastards. They've taken everything we had[...]
    And what have they ever given us in return?!

Hi again Aba, yes we do but JMRC is away for the moment.

Statistical anomaly Member []Aba's Avatar
    Standing on a planet that's evolving and revolving at 900 miles an hour

Alright then is there anyone else who can recruit me? I'm kinda eager to rejoin. I've been in hospital, recovering, and moving house and I just got internet. and I read that you can import buildings into the battle map. I'd love to do those if possible.
    Last edited by []Aba; 10-27-2012 at 20:04.

They've bled us white, the bastards. They've taken everything we had[...]
    And what have they ever given us in return?!

Ok im here.

yop, we've seen you're work, very nice models!

Tux should be getting you in normally. if not, PM me. (i do not have the rights, but i can remind him ;)

Minister of Useless Tidbits Member joshmahurin's Avatar

Hey I posted on twcenter a while back about helping with XML files and also learning scripting but then I lost internet for a while but now I'm here and would still love to help

okay, will advise the team ;)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast