Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The EBII Recruitment thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation The EBII Recruitment thread

Greetings to all M2TW modders!

The Europa Barbarorum II project needs more talented modders to its ranks, so we're calling you! The skills that we have need are the following:

Modelers
    We ask for experienced modelers, even if not acquainted with the M2TW models and engine. No need to know about skinning. For this kind of work, we need someone willing to spend several hours per week, enough to produce 2 or 3 models per month.

Skinners
    We ask for experienced and talented skinners, capable of working under the tight scrutiny of our historians. The EB2 previews have shown many high quality skinning works, so if you think you can do them as well, then this job if for you. For this kind of work, we need someone willing to spend several hours per week, enough to produce at least 2 skins per month.

Scripters
    We need modders capable of coding the scripts that we need:
    - scripters for tackling the large amount of traits in EDCT and ancillaries in EDA
    - scripters for coding the buildings trees and complex recruitment options in EDB
    - scripters for coding the campaign_script, where all the historical accuracy of EB2 comes to life
    It is important to have modders with experience in the M2TW engine, for this assignment, specially for the traits, which are extremely complex. We need someone willing to spend several hours per week.

UI 2D artists
    We ask for talented 2D artists, who can work in the culture UIs. For this kind of work, we need someone willing to spend a few hours per week, enough to produce 1 or 2 UIs per month.

Historians
    Actually, this is not a modders "job position", but we have some areas of expertise that we want to reinforce.
    We need historians who have a good knowledge about the following regions: Iberian Paeninsula, Bosphorus, Caucasus, Persian/Iranian Plateau and Eastern steppes. It's not necessary to have historians who know about gaming or modding or even TW games, but it's important that they have a good amount of spare time, because they will help shape up the cultural, historical and military aspects of the factions in those regions.

So, if you would like to join the Europa Barbarorum team and help producing EB2, then contact us in this thread or send a PM to QuintusSertorius or z3n, showing us some of your work and/or references to mods you've been envolved or documents you've written. This is an important part of the recruitment process because we always ask for your background knowledge. After that, we will get back to you ASAP.

Hope to hear from you soon!
    Last edited by z3n; 08-15-2021 at 19:01.

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: The EBII Recruitment thread

I could probably do some decent UI work. I would have to ask for at least an example and a template though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaz View Post
    I could probably do some decent UI work. I would have to ask for at least an example and a template though.
    It's important for us to have experienced 2D artists, so please send us or post here some sample of your work in UIs, even if not related to classical age.

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

Here's a Rome Total War captain banner that I whipped up in about an hour:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Name:  Captainbanner.png
Views: 26448
Size:  3.1 KBName:  captainbanner_symbol.png
Views: 26404
Size:  4.0 KB

and a map that I made some time ago:

I haven't re-installed MTW2 yet. Once I do, I'll work on some stuff for that. I use GIMP, by the way.
    Last edited by Kikaz; 06-08-2011 at 06:54.

Studied history in university here in the U.S. and in Germany, good chunk of it classical history, id like to help by being a historian,

even though id prefer EBII to be set in the imperial era, il still help
    Last edited by Lange-zeit Spieler; 06-12-2011 at 23:24.

Dummy post. Deutschland here.

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

I would like to offer my help, for what it is worth, to the EB II Team in the area of traits and ancillaries.

In the past I have developed and published two minimods for EB - Spoils of Victory and my own take on Roman legions (as an alternative adaptation of Atraphoenix Extended Offices Mod, in which development i too assisted a bit). Besides that I have made a few minor tweaks in EDCT, EDA, EDB, EDU and EBBS for my own purposes.

I have recently at last installed M2TW:Kingdoms and tested that i am capable of modding that one too.

I am now taking my parental time so for the next year or so I will be with my kids at home, which gives me much more free time that I could devote to EBII than my quite demanding daily job had.

I admit that my modding experience is limited so far, but I am willing and capable to learn new things and I would not mind to start just as a "computer monkey" doing the more straightforward things.

If my help could be of any value to the Team, I will be much honored.

We're looking in some assignements we could give you, I don't know if someone else already PMd you, just letting you know.

Your offer is very interresting ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing you on the dev forums!

Minister of Useless Tidbits Member joshmahurin's Avatar

I'm still waiting for any reply on helping make those description XML conversions

Ah, I had expected you to PM me here instead and with my current workloads I kind of forgot all about it. If you are up for it the job consists of analysing plain text and converting it to an XML format (using UTF-8 for character encoding).

Let's take it to PMs. Could you please send me a PM in which you give me a bit of an overview of what your knowledge is of XML (and XSLT, if applicable) ?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Hi, im a computer science student going into grad school next semester. I saw somewhere that you needed scripters still. I have plenty of time this summer and would be interested in scripting or any thing else you might need like programming. I don't have much experience scripting in MTW2 but im sure if i could learn if theirs some tutorials out there. In terms of modding experience i have quite a bit in Starcraft 2 modding (i also have some 2d UI creation experience and modeling experience in my Starcraft 2 modding, but i dont really like it and i highly doubt id be good enough anyways), but other than that none. So if your interested in someone who has plenty of time but needs to learn a bit send me a pm and we can talk.
    Last edited by LemmyWinks; 05-01-2013 at 21:46.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LemmyWinks View Post
    Hi, im a computer science student going into grad school next semester. I saw somewhere that you needed scripters still. I have plenty of time this summer and would be interested in scripting or any thing else you might need like programming. I don't have much experience scripting in MTW2 but im sure if i could learn if theirs some tutorials out there. In terms of modding experience i have quite a bit in Starcraft 2 modding (i also have some 2d UI creation experience and modeling experience in my Starcraft 2 modding, but i dont really like it and i highly doubt id be good enough anyways), but other than that none. So if your interested in someone who has plenty of time but needs to learn a bit send me a pm and we can talk.
    The will to learn and invest time is more important than the skill one owns. However, being short on man power we don't anyone who can actively teach. There are however many tutorials both on the .org and TWC when it comes to most parts of modding.

Someone will send you a pm soon.

Just posted on the recruitment thread on TWC. Will provide link when the whales stop biting the cross-atlantic cables.

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Sounds interesting... Can we have a clue?

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

I didn't want to "double-post", but in essence I was just asking if your "Outsourcing Initiative" extends to coding/scripting? I'm not ready to join a Mod Team at present, but I'm already porting a lot of VnV code over to M2TW so I would like to contribute in a limited capacity. My area is VnV's only.

/KP

Ninja edit: looks like the Whales are giving TWC a break now. Reminds me of the old RTR forums actually :)
    Linky: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post12815960
    Last edited by King Philip II; 05-05-2013 at 13:03.

Hi! If EB needs a professional Ukrainian & Russian voice talent - just tell me what You need I can do:
    1. Screams\battlecries (as I did it in M&B Napoleonic Wars DLC and Rus XIII century M&B mod)
    2. Voice acting (voiceover, dialogues etc. for UA\RU localization as I did it for Dark Saga Gothic2NoR mod characters).

Members thankful for this post (5):

great to have you around, Chur, you tracks for M&B are amazing!

chur 

Hello there :-),

Being a new one here nobody still told me what kind of (2D)artwork is wanted here.For example what soldier type or and "nations" are desired by the team?

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chur View Post
    Hi! If EB needs a professional Ukrainian & Russian voice talent - just tell me what You need I can do:
    1. Screams\battlecries (as I did it in M&B Napoleonic Wars DLC and Rus XIII century M&B mod)
    2. Voice acting (voiceover, dialogues etc. for UA\RU localization as I did it for Dark Saga Gothic2NoR mod characters).
    @chur We will be in touch shortly.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Hi everyone. I currently have some time on my hands and do not plan on writing another regional description. I feel the game is not ready as a complete experience for me so I will not be campaigning yet. So I was thinking maybe I could test specific factions and so on. Is this kind of thing of any use to the team right now?
    -Silentium... mandata captate; non vos turbatis; ordinem servate; bando sequute; memo demittat bandum et inimicos seque;
    Parati!
    -Adiuta...
    -...DEUS!!!

Completed EB Campaigns on VH/M: ALL... now working for EBII!

A little sound test of my little domra from a new studio (at my new apartment). Sorry for medieval melody, but it's not start of EB music - it's just an inprovisation sample. Made with fingers\domra\mic only.
    https://soundcloud.com/tchoor/chur-c...-blade-pc-game
    Last edited by chur; 11-16-2014 at 16:26.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Like the Parthian Boot Member Elmetiacos's Avatar

I read after a long absence that someone knowing something about Celtiberians and Lusitanians might be required. I can help with the languages. Some people might even remember me... I've read quite a lot about things Celtic and I'm on a mailing list about continental Celtic languages which has some heavyweights in it. I don't know if this will be any use to the team or not.
    'you owe it to that famous chick general whose name starts with a B'
    OILAM TREBOPALA INDI PORCOM LAEBO INDI INTAM PECINAM ELMETIACUI

Skyn0s 

I would like to volunteer.
    Please contact Resef for a reference.
    My area of expertise is ancient historical geography.
    Particularly the East of the area you cover.
    I also have historical knowledge of this area.
    I did the maps and historical background for Slitherine's game 'Spartan'.
    I am interested in developing a sub-mod under EB2 or MTW2K which runs to China.

Anarchon

Quote Originally Posted by JMRC View Post
    Greetings to all M2TW modders!

The Europa Barbarorum II project needs more talented modders to its ranks, so we're calling you! The skills that we have need are the following:

Modelers
    We ask for experienced modelers, even if not acquainted with the M2TW models and engine. No need to know about skinning. For this kind of work, we need someone willing to spend several hours per week, enough to produce 2 or 3 models per month.

Skinners
    We ask for experienced and talented skinners, capable of working under the tight scrutiny of our historians. The EB2 previews have shown many high quality skinning works, so if you think you can do them as well, then this job if for you. For this kind of work, we need someone willing to spend several hours per week, enough to produce at least 2 skins per month.

Scripters
    We need modders capable of coding the scripts that we need:
    - scripters for tackling the large amount of traits in EDCT and ancillaries in EDA
    - scripters for coding the buildings trees and complex recruitment options in EDB
    - scripters for coding the campaign_script, where all the historical accuracy of EB2 comes to life
    It is important to have modders with experience in the M2TW engine, for this assignment, specially for the traits, which are extremely complex. We need someone willing to spend several hours per week.

UI 2D artists
    We ask for talented 2D artists, who can work in the culture UIs. For this kind of work, we need someone willing to spend a few hours per week, enough to produce 1 or 2 UIs per month.

Historians
    Actually, this is not a modders "job position", but we have some areas of expertise that we want to reinforce.
    We need historians who have a good knowledge about the following regions: Iberian Paeninsula, Bosphorus, Caucasus, Persian/Iranian Plateau and Eastern steppes. It's not necessary to have historians who know about gaming or modding or even TW games, but it's important that they have a good amount of spare time, because they will help shape up the cultural, historical and military aspects of the factions in those regions.

So, if you would like to join the Europa Barbarorum team and help producing EB2, then contact us in this thread or send a PM to Foot or JMRC, showing us some of your work and/or references to mods you've been envolved or documents you've written. This is an important part of the recruitment process because we always ask for your background knowledge. After that, we will get back to you ASAP.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Members thankful for this post (4):

(I'm Resef)

Great guy, I greatly endorse him

b0Gia 

(I am Vassilis Makedwn)

I second this.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

That first post needs updating to say contact anubis88.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

I would like to volunteer my services as a modeler for EBII.

I work with Blender, and can model weapons/armour/objects, high-detail head and body meshes (low-detail as well), and probably buildings (they're easier than faces). Horse models are a little more difficult, but I can do them as well if given time to research.

Sample models:

Roman Gallic Helm (the model's a bit choppy here)

Side view

Human head (I can make lower polygon meshes as well)

Side view

This view is probably better, since it brings out the shadows on the face

------

I'm still a beginner at Blender, thus the occasional mistake (the tip of the nose on the head model above, for example), but hopefully this is good enough to be allowed to contribute to EBII's development.

I don't know how to make skins, but am willing to learn and have experience using GIMP to make maps and GIFs. I also possess a basic knowledge of Python, which is thankfully more than enough to work with M2TW's script, and am familiar with how scripting on the M2TW engine works. Thus, I can also work as a scripter, though I would prefer to focus on modeling primarily if possible.

Oh, and I might be able to model siege engines, since that's what everyone is going on about recently. I don't know how to animate them yet, however.
    Inactive Account- Will not respond to private messages or mentions.

Members thankful for this post (7):

+ Show/Hide List

Default Re: Regional Descriptions: Help the EBII Team

Hi, i send a message on indiedb to apply for the texture artist position. I don't have much to show you but i will add some pictures of my previous work. Since i don't have privileges to post images yet, please be so kind to visit imgur.com/a/Q34bU

I hope you give me the opportunity to be part of this project and work with all of you to improve both the game and myself as an artist.

Members thankful for this post (2):

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

You made a bull-man wrestler? I'd love to see his moves

@anubis88: Bryzha might be what we need.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
    You made a bull-man wrestler? I'd love to see his moves

@anubis88: Bryzha might be what we need.
    I literally don't know what indiedb is :D It's probably something that was done by someone alse i assume. I'm just the facebook/twitter guy nowdays
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast