Thread: Metro: Last Light

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Default Metro: Last Light

Almost nothing in regards to gameplay, its purely a hype trailer: But consider me hyped.

Metro 2033 was such a frustrating experience in my first go through, but over the last year or so it's grown on me. To the point I just love everything about it. The art, style, atmosphere and story are all a breath of fresh air in the fps genre. I constantly recommend it to my friends who are into gaming, its flawed, but at the same time, so very fun. And here comes a sequel set to release next year. Cannot be more hyped for a game than I am for this.

Also: general Metro 2033 thread should you so desire.
    Last edited by Monk; 06-04-2011 at 02:49.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Metro: Last Light

I am still angry only the 360 got that one, broad audience means more sales for obscure titles like Metro. Only played it at a friend and I loved what I saw

I would say it was my second favorite game of 2010, 2nd to Napoleon TW ofc :) However, I do wonder why they didn't just go with 'Metro 2034' like the actual sequel to the firt book in the series, 'Metro 2033'...

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slysnake View Post
    I would say it was my second favorite game of 2010, 2nd to Napoleon TW ofc :) However, I do wonder why they didn't just go with 'Metro 2034' like the actual sequel to the firt book in the series, 'Metro 2033'...
    Can't remember where I read the article, might've been Rock Paper shotgun, but I do believe it's because they are moving away from the books to do their own thing in the universe. From what I understand the first game only followed the events loosely as it is and took great liberties at times.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Ok, I picked up 2033 and Last Light in the Steam sale. I've been trying to get through 2033, but to be quite honest I'm bored to tears. This game is even more linear than Doom 3. I'm at some point where I just met a kid, with the chapter title called Child. Does it get any better? Also, whatever interest I had in the setting went right out the window when I ran into the Communist vs Nazis war. I do not have words to describe how stupid that was. Why the hell are there Nazis in the Moscow metro, with old Panzers as well?!

Please give me some information about 2033/Last Light that makes me think I didn't waste my money.

Russia actually does have Nazis, as weird as it may sound. About the Panzers dunno, that seems a bit out there.

Been a while since I played the game, I just remember that I stopped playing towards the end when it got tedious.

I was a bit disappointed about the linearity and lack of interaction as well.

Next time ask before you buy.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    with old Panzers as well?!
    The 'Panzers' are actually traincars.

I like the first game. My first playthrough however stopped at the war part, as I wasn't able to get through with sneak tactics. Eventually played until the end, so I guess it gets a bit better.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    The 'Panzers' are actually traincars.
    I know, but they're deliberately designed to look like Panzer IIs. It's not just some kind of futuristic throwback political war, it's very clearly intended to be remind everyone of WW2. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for it, it's just bizarre and so out of place that it ruins the setting.