Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia X [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Mafia X [Concluded]

Ladies and gentlemen, the Gameroom Anniversary Celebration has officially begun.

Mafia X

Preamble: Five years to the day after a relative newcomer to the .Org decided to introduce a fun little game he had played once before in RL called "Mafia", here we are with the tenth installment to the series. It's been a really fun ride, everyone, and I'm hoping that this is the best one yet. If you're interested and have (a lot of) time to kill, here are the installments for every other game in the series:

With a series this long there have been a lot of great moments and a few interesting patterns, but I'll leave you to figure those out for yourselves.

Introduction: Mafia X, like the rest of the series, takes place in the Frontroom, where the games were originally held before this subforum was created (The Gameroom came around in early September, which not coincidentally is around when we're ending the three-month celebration). It is Mafia at its most basic, with only one power role: Mafia. There are no serial killers, no vigilantes, no doctors, no third-party roles or extra victory conditions of any kind, and no Detective. It is simply Mafia vs. Town.

There is one change in the rules that has do with anonymous accounts, which will be described below.

Roles: This section will be short.

Mafiosi: (2)
    The bad guys. The storyline is that they have invaded the Frontroom and are threatening to kill everyone present in the village. Each mafioso gets one kill per night, unless there is only one left. If this is the case, then the remaining mafioso gets to kill two people per night. This means that there will always be two kills per night, no matter what, unless there are either no more townspeople to kill or no more mafiosi to make the kills, in which case the game is over.

The mafia have some say in how much/little they put in their kill descriptions. It is up to the town to figure out how much is their work and how much is mine.

Townies: (everyone else)
    Are you a townie in this game? Don't fret, so is (mostly) everyone else. Unlike in some of the more role-heavy games though, the townies are absolutely integral to the success or the failure of the town in the game, since there are no power roles to do the heavy lifting. The townies will only be able to win this game if they come together and take some time out to seriously do some detective work. Besides, you have a standard to live up to: Out of the nine games mentioned above and the 18 mafiosi, only two have ever escaped the town's wrath.

Game procedure: As per tradition, the game will start with a night phase. Unfortunately, this means two people will die before they even get the chance to cast one vote. Sorry, but it works better for the story that way, and unlike in other games, you can still heavily contribute to the town's effort by careful analysis of the thread. Anyway, after night, it's day where the alive townies can vote and try to lynch the mafia. Voting procedure is the usual, i.e.:

Vote: GeneralHankerchief

If you wish to unvote, then please do so in the following manner:

Unvote: Ser Clegane
    Vote: GeneralHankerchief

Voting abstain (you are present for the round and have no lynch preference) is allowed, but "No Lynch" is not. If you post in a round but do not vote, I count it as an "abstain". Additionally, after a certain amount of rounds, usually when I deem it to be endgame, "Abstain" will no longer be allowed, meaning you must vote to lynch someone. I will let you know in the thread once this threshold has been crossed.

Miscellaneous rules: No screenshots, no exceptions. However, you may feel free to quote anything that can be faked, such as PMs, chat logs, etc. Once dead, you are not allowed to quote anything said outside of the public thread. Violations of these rules will force me to exercise my awesome moderator powers to their fullest extent.

In terms of inactivity, I do not have a set system in place; rather, I take it by a touch-and-go basis. Because of this, it makes me unpredictable. In other words, if you do not want to experience the Wrath of God and be mod-killed, you had best just vote in every round.

ANONYMOUS ACCOUNTS: Okay, now we get to the section that isn't completely obvious. As you probably know, we just introduced this feature, which is described here and tested them out in a mini game called The Copa Clash. If you don't feel like clicking on those links, let me briefly sum them up for you:

Upon the game starting, every player who has signed up will receive a PM detailing the anonymous account and password they are linked to. While alive, you will make all posts in the game under this anonymous account - this is done to prevent metagaming and targeting people simply because they are who they are. It takes literally five seconds to log out and log in as an anonymous account, so I don't want to hear any griping about it. You can change your anonymous account's password to something easier to remember if you wish - it will not affect anything after the game.

All posts while you are alive must be made by your anonymous account. Upon death, I will reveal the name of the actual user who had just died, and from there you may feel free to post under your normal account until the end of the game. If anybody has any questions or concerns over this, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Other: The most important rule is, as always, HAVE FUN!

Please post here to sign-up. Unlike in The Copa Clash, you do not have to PM me to do so; a public post will be enough. Thank you for your continued interest and let's make it an awesome three months!

Signed up: (36/40)
    Romanic
    spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    Visorslash
    Beefy187
    Greyblades
    Renata
    Csargo
    Populus Romanus
    B_Ray
    White_eyes:D
    Jolt
    Captain Blackadder
    Seon
    glyphz
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Death is yonder
    Askthepizzaguy
    Diamondeye
    TheLastDays
    Crazed Rabbit
    Ignoramus
    ArpeggiateTHIS
    ELITEOFKINGWARMAN88
    Winston Hughes
    Kagemusha
    issaikhaan
    a completely inoffensive name
    autolycus
    robbiecon
    Earthling
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ashurnasirpal II
    Sigurd
    johnhughthom
    Andres
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 06-09-2011 at 12:01.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

I spy the evil peoples Senior Member Romanic's Avatar

Default Re: Mafia X

Oh yeah, first in.

Second in :D
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

In. Obviously.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In. This should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Blog Entries

Is this the game that's supposed to take all the slots for two months?
    In.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

In.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Is this the game that's supposed to take all the slots for two months?
    Not just this. Up after this are Midgard III, Netherworld 3, and a mystery game.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

IN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Lightbulb Mafia X

I'll give this a shot.

When does it start?

I'd very much like to join in on this one! I hope that the anonymous accounts will cut down on off-topic chatter and make behavior analysis a lot easier for those of us who can't follow the thread while at work.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

I'm IN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Populus Romanus View Post
    When does it start?
    A few days from now or whenever we get 40 signups, whichever comes first.

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

In for the (anonymous) win.
    BLARGH!

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

In for the win.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

Blog Entries

Rawrierin.

IN.

GAMEROOM
    Come & Play

VINLAND SAGA

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mafia X [signups]

I'm IN!

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

In please
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glyphz View Post
    IN.
    No..... Way.

OH MY GOD YES!!!

I MUST JOIN THIS GAME NOW!!!
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yes, es. In!
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Just as inas everybody else
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In.
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Definitely in!!!!

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Call me Arpeg. Member ArpeggiateTHIS's Avatar

This should be interesting, IN!
    Arpeggio: A broken chord. Arpeggiate: Breaking up a chord. ArpeggiateTHIS, scumbag.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

IN!!

In.

In.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

One question, will alignments be revealed upon death or just the actual username?
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    One question, will alignments be revealed upon death or just the actual username?
    Just username. You're going to have to guess about alignments until the very end.

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast