Thread: How to change start buildings?

Exclamation How to change start buildings?

Hi everyone!
    I want to add buildings in my start province. I only know that I must edit file in campmap/startpos/EARLY.
    I have added few buildings, but in campaign menu I haven't Early period.
    Please write me how should I do

PS Sorry for my English, cause it isn't good. I'm learning. :)

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: How to change start buildings?

Each era (Early, High, Late, and the Viking Campaign) has a text file in campmap/startpos. These files dictate the starting units and buildings for all the provinces (along with other things). So if you want to have a building present when you start an Early campaign, you have to add a line in EARLY.txt. Down towards the bottom of the file, you should see several lines that start with "MakeBuilding::", this is where you want to add your change.

The line needs to be in the format "MakeBuilding:: X Y", where X is the identifier for the province (specified near the beginning of the file with the "DeclareLandRegion::" line), and Y is the building line identifier. The building line identifier is the second column in the build_prod file with a number appended to it if you want to specify an upgraded building. So if you want to add Improved Farmland +20% to Livonia, the line would be:
    Code:
    "MakeBuilding:: ID_LIVONIA  Improved_farmland"
    If you want to add Improved Farmland +40%, the line would be:
    Code:
    "MakeBuilding:: ID_LIVONIA  Improved_farmland2"
    I don't think the name is case-sensitive, there are inconsistencies in the original game files with both upper and lower case.

Welcome to the Org, kwiatolec!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Thanks very much drone :D

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

No problem, I'm here to serve.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur