Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - Story Thread

I was going to include the potion bit, and make a joke about it. (Last bit, I swear).

Rufus will decide later. He will tag along for the moment.

Jumped on the nightmare-bandwagon again :)

I hope it was alright that I shifted the narrative to the morning!

Shlin, are you with Alain, Thomas, etc?

Yep

Blog Entries

OK then I propose that we have a bit where shlin's character concocts an antidote to the ear swelling thing but alain tells rufus that if he wants it he'll have to swear to not harm any of the group. Whether or not he stays with the group will be up to him of course.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Nah. The swelling (I believe) is only temporary. Lets just stay away from the potion bit. I already got a bit in mind to end that. Now, we need to discuss!

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Yep we need to discuss though I'd like to give the others a bit time to catch up. The group around Alyssa, Guantano and now Meghghan is in the night while the HTF have just entered the night...

swearing an oath is a nice thing but I doubt we could trust Rufus even if he swore an oath ;)
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

He'd keep some oaths, but if he's really against something, then all bets are off.

We'll just have to watch him closely if he stays ;)

Post is up. Should be decent. It is now morning where we are.

Alright I think we're getting somehwere, I posted Visor, hope that's ok with your char.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    EDIT: Amsel, what the would one of Meghghan's nightmares look like?
    Two black soulless spheres and a scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Death is yonder View Post
    You probably should include some sort of grinding tool in your inventory Amsel :P
    You probably should invent the cannon DiY :P :P

EDIT: In a non-cannon canon, cannons are non-canon.
    Last edited by Amsel; 06-21-2011 at 16:56.
    TOMORROW - Lyle pukes so hard it makes a football go three feet

I was under the impression that the HTFs were already in night.
    A quick post from either Seon or Chaotix (since they seem fine with staying with the lich)
    setting up camp for the night would be good.

Also, I was planning on somehow meeting up with Guantano and Alyssa, but I forget where they are going now...
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We are on the road towards Leon from Lassara.
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

You probably should invent the cannon DiY :P :P
    Hmmph we shall see , I already have "small bombs of many varieties" and I believe so does another character.

Also, I was planning on somehow meeting up with Guantano and Alyssa, but I forget where they are going now...
    Oh btw TLD will be taking control of the professor/person in Leon, and using the opportunity to introduce a bit of game lore, so no rush for the HTF group.
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Oh whoops, didn't see that Alyssa was meant to hang back. I figured the campsite was smaller
    TOMORROW - Lyle pukes so hard it makes a football go three feet

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

Not a problem, I originally envisioned that she was still recovering from the nightmare, but I'm guessing with introductions and the whatnot it would be best to have Alyssa recovered at least somewhat. Plus I suppose considering her hardiness its plausible so no worries!

Anyway next update from me is at best coming in 16-17 hours so feel free to include a short blurb of Guantano's reaction or anything as the interaction proceeds
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Haha, interesting posts ^^

Also, waiting on Greyblades reaction at the moment I guess I will then have Alain talk to Glungard and then maybe shlin... which doesn't mean that the chars at the lakeside camp can't talk to each other in the meanwhile ;)

Blog Entries

What reaction? As far as I can see it doesnt realy change much beyond another reason to make haste to Tar cantun.
    Still I guess I should put something there...
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Well I can write "They instantly rushed out and ran towards Tar Cantun" - but you can surely form a better post for your characters :P

Seriously I don't know what you were going to do but if you are going to Tar Cantun you might want to ask for horses... I don't know if you'll be able to find someone to actually ship you over there with the fortress hovering over the place but that's your concern ;) the group around Alain will not go that direction and I think it's a pity that you're basically playing alone for now especially when there's not much your characters can do in Tar Cantun...

Blog Entries

You have horses? Battle, scout or wagon? The ship probably wont be a problem, Birun's likely to have a bank right?
    Dont worry about Tar Cantun I can get alot out of taking it back, its too valuable for them just to destroy, just tell me which of the thirteen will be left there to oversee it and I'll make something out of it. Heck maybe I'll bring you abit of backup in the future.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-21-2011 at 20:09.

You still don't understand the intentions of Vayne and his guys. If you want to see anything left of Tar Cantun you will have to hurry.

Also you are being pretty dismissive with the captain in a place where he holds higher authority than your character ;)

Yes, they have horses, I mentioned that in the last post. They are the royal guard's horses so I'd say battle trained but also durable and quite fast.
    What you also forgot is that the guard didn't give Essa back (yet)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    You still don't understand the intentions of Vayne and his guys. If you want to see anything left of Tar Cantun you will have to hurry.
    ...Your just saying that to get me to go with you arent you? Dont worry I'll be back on the railroad tracks soon enough. My character doesnt realy have any reason to go with you right now, especially now that his home is at risk.
    Also you are being pretty dismissive with the captain in a place where he holds higher authority than your character ;)
    Alain got captured by Rufus, Thomas' reguard of your character's ability is not exactly high, technically if it wasnt for the princess my character would have probably started ordering you lot around by now.
    Yes, they have horses, I mentioned that in the last post. They are the royal guard's horses so I'd say battle trained but also durable and quite fast.
    What you also forgot is that the guard didn't give Essa back (yet)
    Good luck using an unuseable sword.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-21-2011 at 20:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    ...Your just saying that to get me to go with you arent you? Dont worry I'll be back on the railroad tracks soon enough. My character doesnt realy have any reason to go with you right now, especially now that his home is at risk.
    You might not believe me but I am not ;) I am saying this because I have planned the destruction of Cantun by Vayne's forces from the beginning, I have hinted at it when Vayne spoke to Ovyn about taking revenge for his master. You might not believe me but it's the truth I had planned for them to take that course pretty much before anyone ever signed up to this game
    And I am very much for you following what is plausible for your characters and if that leads them to Tar Cantun now that's fine... I've always been for characters acting according to their characters.

Alain got captured by Rufus, Thomas' reguard of your character's ability is not exactly high, technically if it wasnt for the princess my character would have probably started ordering you lot around by now.
    Alain did, so did Thomas ;) not that it matters what Thomas thinks of Alain's abilities, at least not to Alain...

Good luck using an unuseable sword.
    You might have noticed the "(yet)" I put in there, I was simply pointing out a logical error when your character sheathed a sword he didn't even posses at that moment, I was not saying that Alain was going to keep it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    You might not believe me but I am not ;) I am saying this because I have planned the destruction of Cantun by Vayne's forces from the beginning, I have hinted at it when Vayne spoke to Ovyn about taking revenge for his master. You might not believe me but it's the truth I had planned for them to take that course pretty much before anyone ever signed up to this game
    And I am very much for you following what is plausible for your characters and if that leads them to Tar Cantun now that's fine... I've always been for characters acting according to their characters.
    ...Crud... Couldnt you change it to him just destroying Cantus' monument or ancestoral home or something?
    Alain did, so did Thomas ;) not that it matters what Thomas thinks of Alain's abilities, at least not to Alain...
    Well thats the thing, if you hadnt turned up Gilford would have used his horn to teleport Thomas away from Rufus, you on the other hand seemd to be up s*** creek without a paddle from Thomas' viewpoint.
    You might have noticed the "(yet)" I put in there, I was simply pointing out a logical error when your character sheathed a sword he didn't even posses at that moment, I was not saying that Alain was going to keep it...
    Sorry, I changed that afew minutes ago.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-21-2011 at 21:15.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Dude, they wouldn't be the bad guys if they just blew up statues. Of course they're gonna raze the city to the ground. Unless you and your holy sword can get there in time to stop them.

But hey, it could be some sweet character development if Thomas' family was killed in the bombardment...
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    ...Crud... Couldnt you change it to him just destroying Cantus' monument or ancestoral home or something?
    I'm afraid not... 'cause it'll be too much power to have Cantun pretty much back in "our" hands... also what good is a demonic enemy if he can't wreak a little havoc? :D

Well thats the thing, if you hadnt turned up Gilford would have used his horn to teleport Thomas away from Rufus, you on the other hand seemd to be up s*** creek without a paddle from Thomas' viewpoint.
    I'm sure Gilfords ability to teleport his buddy out of tight situations says much about Thomas' great abilites :P
    Also that would be a feat, using a horn that doesn't work with the slightes magical items around while the target of the spell carries a weapon forged with a shard of Neril :P

Blog Entries

Just because they're villians they dont have to be omnicidal jackasses. Sure I could see Vayne doing something like that but wouldn't Ovyn stop him from doing something so wasteful? I thought boreal wanted to rule the world, I'd think keeping a valuable city be worth more to him than Vayne's revenge, especially considering the amount of wealth the ruling family has locked up underneath it all.
    I'm not going to win this am I?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-21-2011 at 21:23.

Blog Entries

I'm sure Gilfords ability to teleport his buddy out of tight situations says much about Thomas' great abilites :P
    Yeah, like the whole "you couldnt do better" argument's going to work on a lordling.
    Also that would be a feat, using a horn that doesn't work with the slightes magical items around while the target of the spell carries a weapon forged with a shard of Neril :P
    I was going to say the sword was depleted after the whole Cantus coming back from the dead through it but you turned up so I scrapped the idea. Besides they havent exactly tested it since they got the sword so they dont know that.

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast