Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

We could have one shard embedded into a shield or a breast plate or there could be one or two that have been turned into magic amulets or wands.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

Alright, sorry Seon, but we've waited like 3 days for a post.

I'mma continue the story so Frijyk and Morangul don't fall behind. I'll leave it ambiguous enough that you can either join us or leave at your will.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

OK!
    I just made a wall o' text explaining (what I think) the fields of magic are.

If I need to change or add anything, let me know.
    But I think I covered most magic that everyone is currently using,
    including the demons, while still leaving some room.
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

but many scholars have
    speculated that Demon magic deals mostly in destructive magic as well as manipulative magic, such as illusions and the power to persuade people."
    Alaria's a demon!

Hmm, that should be most of it really, but maybe Morangul could make mention of even more unknown types, such as Fey magic, especially since they (Frijyk and Morangul) experienced it first-hand.

I guess Alyssa and Guantano are a post or two away from bumping into two elves and an aistar on the road.
    "Now what business does an elf, a druid and a... white tiger have on the road out of their leafy kingdom?" :P

Edit:

DE, should we head west?

It seems some were lost in the northern realm of Tarania; some seem to have been carried to the west and for some we have no clue as no one knew where they bearers were headed when they were lost.
    It seems likeliest that Alyssa especially would want to get these shards as soon as possible (and by default Guantano will follow), the question now remains whether to link up with the elves first.
    Last edited by Death is yonder; 07-04-2011 at 05:50.
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Quote Originally Posted by Death is yonder View Post
    Alaria's a demon!

Hmm, that should be most of it really, but maybe Morangul could make mention of even more unknown types, such as Fey magic, especially since they (Frijyk and Morangul) experienced it first-hand.
    I was going to get into that in another post in which Morangul explains that there are many other forms of magic out there that are considered "minor fields", or as of yet undiscovered (to the majority of magic users, at least) types of magic; He would also explain how many can be considered subsets of the major fields, or have connections to both.

Alaria's powers of Illusion would probably fall under the "minor field/undiscovered side of magic; I was planning on a mixture of both, since illusion magic is quite common, but illusion magic of her (and Fey's in general) caliber is not. I would probably say it is more connected to the major Nature field rather than Demon field.

..........I'm really getting into this, aren't I?

EDIT
    Frijyk wasn't there when Alaria snapped, he came in shortly after.

Also, as I stated before, I have decided on going after the Paladin's Sword.
    If the Golem is headed for it as well, Morangul and Fryjik will go as well.
    If the Golem is not headed there, they will still follow, and probably run away
    once Morangul actually realizes its a golem their dealing with.
    Last edited by thefluffyone93; 07-04-2011 at 06:09.
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

The thing about the magic fields is fine, as I said, I'll PM you about the paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    We could have one shard embedded into a shield or a breast plate or there could be one or two that have been turned into magic amulets or wands.
    Well I'd rather have them embedded in weapons tbh. as I said a clerical staff would be fine but the rest should be proper weapons
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Also the guy (Serak) shouting in front of Leon can probably be heard by the characters a bit south of the town, if you want them to ;)

I do suppose that would ruin the mood and get them up and running again.

that's fine then :P don't wanna ruin your mood ;)

It was meant to be ruined :P Just a temporary reprieve from the madness around them! I'm thinking that Secura's character wouldn't really want to consort with humans, but will just wait for confirmation before me/DE proceed with the trip, probably to the west.

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

I'm thinking that Secura's character wouldn't really want to consort with humans, but will just wait for confirmation before me/DE proceed with the trip, probably to the west.
    She'd be incredibly apprehensive yes... :P
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Well you guys hold the information we wanted from Leon so you have to remain findable :P now that the old man will die ^^

She'd be incredibly apprehensive yes... :P
    Hmm I guess I'll post a short filler first then.

now that the old man will die ^^
    Oh most delighted our host is

Well, at least your not stuck with a giant castle crushing Golem.
    That's immune to magic.
    MAGIC.

BOOOO

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DE, should we head west?
    No, being safe is worth more than being close to the speculated location of the shards. For now, stick with south.
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

DiY I actually meant that the speech he gave to ask for the surrender of the town could be heard everywhere, magically... the remark "Get them to shut up" was just between Alastor and Serak :P

Blog Entries

I've been reading through the Order of the stick webcomic and I've just had a thought: this world has elves, demons, undead and little gnome-things, would it be much of a stretch to think this universe have a load of adventurers? It might be interesting if we ended up running into a bunch of other adventuring groups going around trying to fight the thirteen, heck it could even be put into lore; I could easily see Udine and Cantus being in an adventurer party with a bunch of others before Cantus became king.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 07-04-2011 at 22:40.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    I've been reading through the Order of the stick webcomic and I've just had a thought: this world has elves, demons, undead and little gnome-things, would it be much of a stretch to think this universe have a load of adventurers? It might be interesting if we ended up running into a bunch of other adventuring groups going around trying to fight the thirteen, heck it could even be put into lore; I could easily see Udine and Cantus being in an adventurer party with a bunch of others before Cantus became king.
    There could certainly be other wandering groups of people, though I think if you don't want to call them mercenaries or bandits then they have to be almost as complex as the groups we're starting to form. Because "adventuring" is generally not a very profitable profession. You either have to be stealing from others, taking bounty or other kinds of missions, or trying to raid ancient temples for salvage. But since the world is mostly civilized, there aren't a whole lot of abandoned towers, temples, and dungeons.

Personally, I think it will be cool to see how parties split and join in the future, and how the different characters within them interact.

Blog Entries

Never played any games based on dungeons and dragons? There's probably been no lack of evil cults, wizard's keeps (like morangul's), dragon's lairs, all sorts of different things have probably popped up over 900 years to make adventuring somewhat profitable at one point or another. My main idea I wanted to convey (which I admit I stole from OOTS) is that if Cantun a paladin and Udine a warrior were members of an adventuring group we could have the shards be in posession of the group's members. I have afew examples:

1: If there was a wizard in the group he could have recieved one of the shards and now it's sitting in his old wizard's tower or dungeon that he retired to when he got old.
    2: The group had a Monk and now is being guarded in some monastary by members of a religious order the Monk started after retiring.
    3: The group's rogue could have made it big and decided to be buried with his shard in a trap filled toumb somewhere.
    4: The cleric could have become a high priest of the local religion and his shard is in one of the religious symbols passed down the line of high priests like a staff.

Ugh I think I'm not making much sense, sorry tired.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 07-05-2011 at 01:45.

Thing about the shard weapons is they spur their bearers on to go out and do something active. They want to be used, not kept as trohpies. They aren't a great choice if you want to retire somewhere and settle down.

Blog Entries

Is this sign that you're taking this proposal seriously?

Well I dont realy expect they would have settled down the second they got them, but I dont think they wouldn't carry on adventuring after they get to the point where they cant walk, after that even with a magical spur to action a trophy's pretty much become's thier only use for the shards aside from paperweight. They could have passed the shards down to thier successors and if they died before then I would assume they would have been buried with the weapons.

I'm looking for ways to make sure the shards are accessable but not easily acquired and the idea of taking the shards from the old guard kinda appeals.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 07-05-2011 at 02:22.

I'm trying to think about....something....
    But I'm to busy waiting to see if anyone plays the 1812 Overture.
    With the cannons, of course.

Happy fourth of July!

EDIT OF ANGER
    GAAAAAR.
    I just missed the Boston Pops performing it!
    Why did I decide to post this?!?

AAAAAARRRRRGH!
    ........time to watch on youtube....

EDIT OF JOY
    I just watched the live one in D.C over the Lincoln Memorial!
    Purtyful.......so purtyful.
    Back to my lollygagging!
    Last edited by thefluffyone93; 07-05-2011 at 03:46.

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

So I see that Alaria is bearing down on Guantano and Alyssa, who're approaching Tah/Raina and Kyran along the road... HTFs Redux?

I'm still waiting for 'khaan to say something, unsure that DE/DiY can really throw out another 'filller' post without being on top of us. :3
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll have an update once I've had a few hours of sleep to recuperate the not-sleep I got on my uncle's couch.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

TLD, are we about to have a boss fight or something?

depends on how you react :P Might as well go without a fight, if there is a fight I doubt you will defeat him though, this is a more tricky foe than Enego ;)

I just wanted to rattle you a bit and also pass some time since you've reached night time already while the other groups are a bit behind ;)

Gar.....I was reading stories about the Slender Man on DeviantArt.
    Now I can't help but think he is attacking us.....

I don't know these stories...

But I know we're waiting on your post :P

Well, you still haven't told us what we're fighting TLD...

Why should you know before your characters know?

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast