Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [Sign-ups]

He wasn't always a lich... ;)

ah well as I said I think just for coordination it would make sense for all chars to meet at one point, or at least most of the chars... how else can we tie the happy tree friends into the main storyline?
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thefluffyone93 View Post
    Wait.....

I was just making a suggestion of having an antagonist be your father!
    FOR TEH LULZ.

Now stop putting bad images in my head!
    Ovyn?... I think he has even less capability to produce offspring.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-18-2011 at 19:51.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    He wasn't always a lich... ;)

ah well as I said I think just for coordination it would make sense for all chars to meet at one point, or at least most of the chars... how else can we tie the happy tree friends into the main storyline?
    Here's and idea: a call to arms. My character's father being the most powerful noble left will send out messangers to tell all the other lords to accumilate troops and sail to Tar Cantun or march to some other place, the other characters could join or follow the numerous armies and all end up in one place with a huge army.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

the problem is there is no huge army... and it would kinds beat the game if we suddenly have a grand army... but a call to some place is not a bad idea... and someone who has already been in touch with nobles, like thomas' father would be great for that I guess. Well since this is a story and there's always "destiny" involved, you could find your father and then together with him come to Lake Birun where all there agree to make this call, subtly of course, only to those people of whom theys know they are still loyal... the happy tree friends group could somehow hear of it and make their way there too... voila! ^^ just there'd be no armies... a few nobles with knights, a few royal guardsmen and our chars...

Blog Entries

Well that's odd, we have a perfect idea to give fluffy the oppertunity to raise an undead army and your going to waste it? What are we going to do when a whole flying castle full of demons attacks us? And what happened to the world in 800 years to prevent armies being raised?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-18-2011 at 20:03.

I somehow don't get that post...

fluffy's char has lost the ability to raise dead, he has that in his profile
    I don't get the thing about the world in 800 years... the army has been raised and was in Lassara. It is now under control of Ovyn...
    We'll have to find ways to deal with it but our characters will surely find a way, the thing is they really should find out what exactly the situation is and that's hard bein scattered about everywhere.

the thing is that basically the army is in control of Ovyn, marching towards Leon and the cities beyond to take them with little there to resist them. Vron (one of Vayne's guys) is on his way to bring the eastern part of the kingdom under Ovyn's control and the flying fortress will shortly be on its way to Tar Cantun.
    So there's not really going to be much help coming from these places...

Blog Entries

What.
    Your seriously telling me they pulled out all thier levies, thier mercenaries, all thier conscripts and borderguards, all thier troops save for a smattering of home guard units and brought the all into one city for a coronation?... Thats just... Wow... I take back what I said, let my dad rot I hope all the nobles were slaughtered if they were that incompetent.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-18-2011 at 20:26.

sure there are still levies and guardsmen that could be called but as I explained, the enemy is pretty much attacking every direction right now so whatever these cities can muster they will need to defend themselves and it is rather questionable that they will succeed.

maybe this will make it clearer:

Give it up for MS Paint :D

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alright, happy tree friends, lets get this party back up and running.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

I would post, but I think Fluffy has a better lead-in to your last one. Frijyk would wind up thinking the "creature" Kyran mentioned is the tiger. And that wouldn't be good.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Blog Entries

...Ok, guys new plan.
    We gotta get a way to restore fluffy's necromancy and get an army together, I propose happy tree friends go to lassaria and go after rashid, group potato will grab the princess then try to call the still loyal bannermen into action, Guantano & alissa (now known as group grabass) follow the army and shank alastor at the earliest oppertunity, the rest of you go looking for shard pieces and maybe try to get any hedge wizards, knights, magic items, artifacts whatever you can find.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-18-2011 at 20:57.

That's the thing... we have heavily discussed this ooc and it's not even a bad plan but the characters have no motivation to do just that. That's why I think they'd need to come together and talk about thing. Most of the characters wouldn't know that shards of something could help. Most won't even know wtf just happened. Of our chars only Thomas and Gilford were present in the throne room when the guys from the Void showed up. Only fluffy's char seems to have a decent grasp on what they could actually be, etc... we need to make this work ingame not ooc... see it more as a story than as a game you try to win as fast as possible...

Blog Entries

I was kinda joking with the last post.

...I dont suppose Oglocks have telepathy or rufus is an esper in disguise?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-18-2011 at 21:03.

I posted.
    Next!
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

TOMORROW - Lyle pukes so hard it makes a football go three feet

Blog Entries

Oh that reminds me, visorslash, B_ray do you guys want me to spend a post having my character explaining what happened, have me skip it and have it assumed the explanation happened off screen or do you want to write the next bit?

Edit: oh dear I seem to have misread b_ray's character sheet, I've been assuming he was a 10 foot troll instead of a 4 foot thing... kinda makes the whole carrying thomas around thing funnier now that I think about it.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-18-2011 at 21:25.

I reckon the Princess/Captain would have enough political knowledge to know where to rally their supporters. In my story post I suggested that the southern colonies are very loyal and we know there are several elf tribes there. There is also a huge mountain range/forest splitting the continent nearly into half, so quite defensible if we secure various alliances Dragon Age-style (which incidentally would be awesome!)

Edit: Yikes, went to get a cup of tea whilst writing and got crossposted so many times...
    Last edited by shlin28; 06-18-2011 at 21:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Oh that reminds me, visorslash, B_ray do you guys want me to spend a post having my character explaining what happened, have me skip it and have it assumed the explanation happened off screen or do you want to write the next bit?
    I think it's safe to assume that it would have been discussed while traveling. I suppose Visor's character probably doesn't much care about either side anyway, and mine won't be that concerned either. Rufus is just looking for fun and excitement, and Glungurd is basically along for the ride.

Edit: oh dear I seem to have misread b_ray's character sheet, I've been assuming he was a 10 foot troll instead of a 4 foot thing... kinda makes the whole carrying thomas around thing funnier now that I think about it.
    That's alright; I thought the description in your last story post was pretty humorous. He's somewhat stronger than most men even with his short stature, just very unbalanced.

So after assessing the situation, it seems that several characters are going to be headed for Leon, which is not far from where our party currently is. Amsel's character, whose posts are very entertaining but completely isolated, is in nearby Birun. I think we should find a way to meet up with her by the lake and then work our way to Leon.

I agree...

also I love the recurring theme with the sheep. I can picture the final battle with Ovyn facing whoever he'll be facing and all of a sudden Glungurd walks up to the consul "I lost my sheep, have you seen them?"

Blog Entries

I just had a thought: As long as we don't go around saying "we're after the villians blood" and I hide my holy sword we might be able to run around the world unmolested, I dont think the villians even know we are good guys yet and while they arent bothered about casualties none of the real bad guys are actually killing randomly, as long as we dont run into the alistair guy we could be running around under the villians noses allmost indefinitely.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-18-2011 at 22:20.

we are good guys
    Speak for yourself! Visorslash and I are of ambiguous alignment.

Blog Entries

I just had a thought: As long as we don't go around saying "we're after the villians blood" and I hide my holy sword we might be able to run around the world unmolested, I dont think the villians even know we are the slightly less bad guys yet and while they arent bothered about casualties none of the real bad guys are actually killing randomly, as long as we dont run into the alistair guy we could be running around under the villians noses allmost indefinitely.
    Happy now?

I just had a thought: As long as we don't go around saying "we're after the villians blood" and I hide my holy sword we might be able to run around the world unmolested, I dont think the villians even know we are good guys yet and while they arent bothered about casualties none of the real bad guys are actually killing randomly, as long as we dont run into the alistair guy we could be running around under the villians noses allmost indefinitely.
    That's correct for now it can be pretty easy to lay the foundations for kind of an "underground movement". If Leon surrenders quickly to the army most of the army will probably move on and Leon will be OVyn's territory but for now it'll be pretty easy to "blend in".

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post
    Speak for yourself! Visorslash and I are of ambiguous alignment.
    So far Glungurd seems rather nice to me :D

Visor's char is... different ^^

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post
    Amsel's character, whose posts are very entertaining but completely isolated, is in nearby Birun. I think we should find a way to meet up with her by the lake and then work our way to Leon.
    If all goes as planned (and it should because she's the only one in Birun) she's actually getting out of Birun in the next bit of narrative (haven't started writing it yet), by unorthodox means.

(The idea is that the person whose house she was just forced into either is, or is related to, the archmage mentioned in Ser Gilford Millicent's backstory, the one who created the 'teleport Thomas to me' horn. Also notice that she has no magical items on her person currently, having used up her entire vial of enchanted sand.)

Either way, you don't need to go anywhere near Birun. I get the feeling, from shlin's story, that Birun isn't a place you want to be going to at the moment anyway.

Also, I agree with TLD about loving the sheep sidequest. Heck, forget 'sidequest'. Finding the sheep is the true goal of this party. I reckon Boreale gets defeated in the first third of the book, and then the rest of it is SheepQuest. Boreale gets written out completely in the movie adaptation.
    TOMORROW - Lyle pukes so hard it makes a football go three feet

Pheh....
    I wonder what your character would say if he met Morangul....
    and if he was still escorting the princess......
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

Where are my sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by Thefluffyone93 View Post
    Pheh....
    I wonder what your character would say if he met Morangul....
    and if he was still escorting the princess......
    Actually I don't think they'd have that much of a problem if we can come to an agreement that we need to work together through this...
    You don't really like clerics though, right?

LOL, that's great. But trust me, I'm not gonna try to drag the story in that direction; it's just a running gag and a realistic fixation of Glungurd's sheltered mind.

OK, so it is OK with everyone else in the capital if our group gets on out of there? Amsel, you don't need us to rescue you anywhere?

Blog Entries

"...You know glungurd if you help me restore my family to power I could buy you new sheep."

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast