Thread: EB vs. Antivirus

Default EB vs. Antivirus

I just got a new computer, a Dell Inspiron, with Kaspersky Antivirus. Unfortunately, it blocks EB after I install the Trivial Script saying it's similar to a worm. The installation doesn't finish and I'm unable to play my favorite mod. Is there any way to get around the Antivirus program?

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: EB vs. Antivirus

De-select the option to install Trivial Script during the installation of EB1.1 (and launch EB with a shortcut)

or

de-activate the program itself for the installation

or

put the installer itself on Kaspersky's safe list

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Well I finally had time to try option #1 and it works nearly perfectly, so thank you. Although I did get a weird script error after I closed EB saying Seuthes is a named character with no father, isn't married, and isn't the faction head. It didn't force the game to quit so I don't know if it's a big issue or not.

That sounds like a bugged installation.
    Please run validateInstall.bat and post your results here (if you have problems with the validation tool, please read this first: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=93236 )

If the game itself runs without problems and you don't get weird names or traits it should be no big problem.

XSamatan

ebValidationResults.txt

Here are my results, I think most of the changes are due to Jirisys's EB mod though.

Quote Originally Posted by Biowulf View Post
    I think most of the changes are due to Jirisys's EB mod though.
    I'm quite sure it comes from the package. As long it does not corrupt games I would ignore it.

XSamatan

I'm not sure if it is or not though. I'm having waaaaay more trouble playing EB than I used to. The CTDs are mostly random from scrolling over a part of the campaign map to trying to load my save to trying to start/end a battle. I wonder if my BI installation is messing with EB since on my last computer any time I had BI installed I could never play EB, no exceptions.
    I'll try the whole uninstall/reinstall minus BI tomorrow.

IIRC the used package has some problems with the campaign map (in Britain?), if you use only Ferromancer's installer for BI that should work as this is a fine submod and proven to be working like a charm.

XSamatan

I thought about that, but couldn't find a place to install it. That probably sounds odd, but apparently the way the installer works is you can't continue to install until you find the right path to install to and I couldn't find it for some reason. I'll give it another try, but if I can't find the right path I'll stick to my original plan.

In that case you should ask Ferromancer itself.

XSamatan

Well I re-installed EB into the Program Files area on a whim and so far it's the most stable play I've had for things like battles. There is the odd campaign map CTD in Britain, but that's ok.

There was a thread some weeks/months ago about the same topic and the OT said he solved it by changing a file. I did not find that, maybe you want to search on your own here and over at TWC.

XSamatan