Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: [SS 6.4] Clash of Gods! OOC - winners Silver Shield, LooseCannon1 and Mithridate

Default Re: [SS 6.4] Clash of Gods! OOC

another spanish eclipse... naw thx. i love the sun and i love the heat. imma lighten up the dark with the mofoing sun packing some major heat. fun in the sun. always a good thing

kwarz
    http://depositfiles.com/files/pkluhowxa
    Most Dope Fresh Artist Out There

DraMatiQue

www.datpiff.com/DraMatiQue-Kill-The-Game-Mixtape.429536.html

Free Mixtape Download

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

I need to clarify something before my turn is over.

Can the Crusader states join crusades?

It seems rather against the spirit of the game if they can, and provides an advantage to the islamic side that the christian one lacks.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

gah, accidental double post
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

I would say no, based on my PM discussion with SS. He said he wanted the CS for the heavy infantry mostly, it was enough of a stretch to allow them as it is. This is a Catholics vs Muslims game after all.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

will post the turn tomorrow morning, sorry about the delay.

Why would the CS be allowed to join Crusades if they are meant to be played as a Muslim nation? If they can join they can deny us the Crusading targets because of their position. Well they can deny them anyway if they take the target before they get excommunicated, as a Crusde automatically ends if a Catholic captures it.

What do you guys think, about this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Why would the CS be allowed to join Crusades if they are meant to be played as a Muslim nation? If they can join they can deny us the Crusading targets because of their position. Well they can deny them anyway if they take the target before they get excommunicated, as a Crusde automatically ends if a Catholic captures it.

What do you guys think, about this situation?
    CS should not be allowed to join crusades, because, although they cannot join jihads, as Myth just said, the benefit of being able to cancel a crusade by capturing the target straight off before any other catholic faction outweighs the fact that the Crusader States can't join jihads. I'm actually quite surprised we hadn't discussed this before we started ^^

They can capture say, Alexandria, and still deny us the target as they are Catholic and not excommunicated. Capture it with regular troops i mean. This is creating more problems than foreseen... Crusading armies can't attack catholics that are not excommunicated.

Knight of the Crusade Member Thanatos Eclipse's Avatar

This might not be such a problem, except we can only call crusades on target cities and over half of them are within easy reach of the Crusader states. Would it be possible to maybe re-distribute some of the target cities so that they're more spread out among the Islamic team? For one thing, we could put some target cities in Turky or Khwarezm.

I guess another solution would be to excommunicate the Crusader States, but I don't know if there would be any way to counter-act the unrest that comes with being ex'ed.
    Last edited by Thanatos Eclipse; 07-28-2011 at 04:43.
    For Rome! Got Rome!!
    For the Admiral!

double post
    Last edited by Thanatos Eclipse; 07-28-2011 at 05:05.
    For Rome! Got Rome!!
    For the Admiral!

That, or just allow crusades and jihads to be called on any city. Since you know, we can't call crusades on our target cities due to them not being crusadeable in SS and me forgetting to mod this thing.

The regions were picked geographically to be equal. Their target cities are sort of close to each other as well, apart from London and Leon.

bump

A wild Visorslash appears!

(Sorry, only been able to play SS today. Would be appreciated if you could replace me.)

France.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wkz3fs

England's Up :)

CoG_England_T6.sav

bump

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

He's away til Sunday and said in the anteroom that one of his team mates should sub for him. So, any takers?
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

I can do it in about 24 hours if no one else can do it before then.
    For Rome! Got Rome!!
    For the Admiral!

For Rome! Got Rome!!
    For the Admiral!

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

For Rome! Got Rome!!
    For the Admiral!

im doing this later today need some time for recovering from that trip to living hell. any of u guys living in the Midwest? man thats some freaking heat over there. i stopped by at a friends in Missouri and that was like way above the hundreds for sure. was like a disgusting sauna crazy. thought it was hot in Florida already but the heat in Missouri was just out of anything and the humidity was like junglish giving u that nice cosy amazon feel. though i guess it aint that hot there. crazy man. the family of my friend got a lot of dogs on the farm and she said that non of them moved anymore they are just laying in the shadow and for pissing they are only going for trees where theres shadow too. how about that. even the jack russells are just idling. thats how freaking hot it is. taking the heat into account things are adding up and its definite now. apocalypses is coming. signals are evident. the US is falling down and in addition to the political and economical decline we are now getting hellish temperatures in the midst of the country. the gates already had been opened there. i mean the two great danes they got on the farm definitely are passing through as hounds of hell and that one skinny girl riding a horse on the range definitely went through as skeleton. thats whats up. i guess it is what is. apocalypses is coming. take ur seats to la la land

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

gah, I am jealous, here in Seattle we have had all of 10 days of sun this summer. It is miserable. I could do with some heat about now before I rage quit life. Well, not actually, but before I get very angry anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverShield View Post
    im doing this later today need some time for recovering from that trip to living hell. any of u guys living in the Midwest? man thats some freaking heat over there. i stopped by at a friends in Missouri and that was like way above the hundreds for sure. was like a disgusting sauna crazy. thought it was hot in Florida already but the heat in Missouri was just out of anything and the humidity was like junglish giving u that nice cosy amazon feel. though i guess it aint that hot there. crazy man. the family of my friend got a lot of dogs on the farm and she said that non of them moved anymore they are just laying in the shadow and for pissing they are only going for trees where theres shadow too. how about that. even the jack russells are just idling. thats how freaking hot it is. taking the heat into account things are adding up and its definite now. apocalypses is coming. signals are evident. the US is falling down and in addition to the political and economical decline we are now getting hellish temperatures in the midst of the country. the gates already had been opened there. i mean the two great danes they got on the farm definitely are passing through as hounds of hell and that one skinny girl riding a horse on the range definitely went through as skeleton. thats whats up. i guess it is what is. apocalypses is coming. take ur seats to la la land

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    gah, I am jealous, here in Seattle we have had all of 10 days of sun this summer. It is miserable. I could do with some heat about now before I rage quit life. Well, not actually, but before I get very angry anyway.
    Ha, I'm almost jealous of you. I have to keep an eye on the following website for business purposes http://www.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KSPG.html Please note that in the last 72 hours the coldest temp was during yesterday's rain at 76 degrees F. And that at 4 & 5 am it's usually in the low to mid 80's. Yeah, Florida where winter consists of January 20th.

realized we got a 48h time limit here. good thing

kwarz
    http://depositfiles.com/files/ygygz5b74

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

thats even worse than the heat. heat just makes u aggressive and is exhausting depening on what u are doing but cloudy sunless weather is making u depressed. i rather am going for heat than rainy sunless weather

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

We need a sub for Visorslash.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast