Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Private Funds OOC discussion

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: Private Funds OOC discussion

That sounds like a very reasonable suggestion for Allied Kingdoms I-K, I take it capitals can be changed?

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, however you will loose all estates in the previous capital.
    If there are no objections then I would add it into the rules during the next council session.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Allowing for sea trade opens the door to make it very unbalanced if it's a trade-rich province, and will be too powerful if they get an extra estate as well. It should be an either/or option IMO; if client rulers get too powerful then the Basileus might not want to allow them to be established in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun
    Perhaps TCV could share his current experience as a Treasurer with us. How hard it is etc.
    Yeah, or you could just share your own.

The biggest, shall we say "bump on the road"?, was really in the beginning, when "someone" () had forgotten to post the report for the previous season, forcing me to backtrack and make two reports at once, and figure out which goes where. Now, however, it's only a matter of keeping tab on which units should be paid for by private means, do the math for income and expenses and then exchange the relevant numbers. It's mostly tedious and time-consuming work, and as long as people keep their SOTs updated, the hardest part (the keeping up with which units are privately funded, who pays for what, and where each avatar's income is coming from) is eased up.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess, You are using a spreadsheet file too? I had all the private units listed in a spreadsheet file as well(their numbers and upkeep). This made calculating the upkeep much easier.
    Also, I suggest recruiting private units from cities before trying to figure out the income for the estates. Recruiting units affects the tax income in cities.
    When you recruit mercenaries do you deduct both recruitment and upkeep costs from private funds in that turn? They both should be deducted.
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 07-26-2011 at 11:37.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Yes, I would've done so if someone had hired any mercenaries during my watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun
    Also, I suggest recruiting private units from cities before doing trying to figure out the income for the estates. Recruiting units affects the tax income in cities.
    I'll keep that in mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12