Thread: Troubling starting EB

Default Troubling starting EB

Hello everyone. I've just recently returned back to Rome after been playing some mods with Meideval 2 Total War for over a year, I decided to return to another great game called Rome. But I was looking for a good mod for it, and I think i found one. Eb! :)

I like the aspect of trying to actually create troops that really existed in those times and that it brings very important factions wich rome vanilla just brutally skipped them.

But, i'm totally having a problem installing this.

I have Windows 7, so i downloaded Eb 1.1 by torrent and 1.2 from filefront. I installed both into Rome's folder, but when i try to launch the game, the screen turns black and then appears that red screen with the SEGA thing with some soldiers in the background and then just goes back to the desktop. I've did that thing to put as an administrator but nothing.

Any tips for me?
    Sorry if my english is bad. :)

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Troubling starting EB

Welcome to the forum!

Be sure to read the EB-FAQ and the (unofficial) tips for new players!

Concerning your problem:
    If you are launching EB with a shortcut (EB-Play) please edit the target line:
    My EB shortcut doesn't work!
    Sorry about that. A product of lacking experience with creating installers, I made a mistake when creating the shortcuts that start EB 1.2.

Modify the shortcut target. Move the end quote from the end of the line to directly after RomeTW.exe and it should work (goes for both the new shortcuts in 1.2). For instance, instead of "C:\My games\RomeEB\RomeTW.exe -mod:eb -show_err -ne" it should be "C:\My games\RomeEB\RomeTW.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -ne.
    If that did not help, report back here!

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

I don't know what's EB-Play.

I just clicked inside the folder on "EB Single Player" to launch the game, and then nothing happend.

I did wen't to the FAQ but i found nothing usefull there.

With the premise that you installed EB right that should be an error inside Trivial Script.

Create a new shortcut to Rome-TW.exe and edit the target line by adding: -mod:eb -show_err -ne, use this to load up EB.

XSamatan

I fixed it! It was because I installed RTW on program files. So i created a new folder and put it there and it worked. But i tried updating it to 1.2 and in game it says 1.1 . Is it suppose to be like this or did I messed up something?

EDIT: Nevermind! I fixed it. xD
    Last edited by Pherion; 06-21-2011 at 20:08.

I just have the same problem, but I do have Windows XP, I've tried everything:

1.I checked that everything is installed on C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War
    2.I updated correctly to 1.3 (after having a wrong patch) and to 1.5
    3.I changed target directory of shortcut to "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -ne instead of "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe -mod:eb -show_err -ne"

I still just get the loading screen of the RTW with the red background and the Phalanx silouettes

What else can I do, what have I been missing?
    Last edited by Hildefuns; 07-27-2011 at 17:03. Reason: grammar mistake

Welcome to the forum!

It is complete normal that you get the RTW loading screen on your desktop after launching EB, only after it switches to fullscreen you should see the EB background.

If that is not your problem try to create a new shortcut to Rome-TW.exe and add
    -mod:eb -show_err -ne
    to the end of the target line.
    If this also fails your installation is wrong and you should read this guide and install new: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=80270

XSamatan

Thanks, I already solved the problem, I had Kapersky Anti-virus, and it was sending random components of the game to quarintine o deleting them, I unistalled Kapersky and everything is fine now, I hope my solution helps someone else

Quote Originally Posted by Hildefuns View Post
    Thanks, I already solved the problem, I had Kapersky Anti-virus, and it was sending random components of the game to quarintine o deleting them, I unistalled Kapersky and everything is fine now, I hope my solution helps someone else
    thanks so much i had the same problem