Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Hotseat - Wrath of the Khan 2

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Default Stainless Steel 6.4 Hotseat - Wrath of the Khan 2

(graphics by Myth)

Welcome to Wrath of the Khan 2, a hotseat campaign in the Stainless Steel 6.4 early campaign, using Savage AI and with real recruitment disabled.

In addition all players will need to download and install the following custom file, attached to this post. It should be placed in SS6.3/data/world/campaign/imperialcampaign to overwrite the file already there:
    - descr_strat

The game is intended to simulate the Mongol invasion of Europe and will be played with 12 human controlled factions as follows:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. The Mongols - phonicsmonkey
    AI. Turkish Sultanate - (formerly LooseCannon1)
    3. France - Thanatos Eclipse
    4. Holy Roman Empire - slysnake
    5. England - Rougeman
    6. Byzantine Empire - Silvershield
    7. Moors - Mithridate (formerly Ezilkannan)
    8. Kievan Rus - Nightbringer
    9. Khwarezm Shah - Myth RIP turn 20
    10. Denmark - The Celtic Viking
    11. Fatimid Caliphate - Zim
    12. Cumans - Visorslash

The game will use custom victory conditions as follows:

Mongols:

-Hold 50 provinces including Kiev and Cairo.

OR

- Hold 25 provinces including three of Budapest, Cracow, Benghazi and Constantinople.

OR

- Hold 15 provinces including two of Rome, Frankfurt, Tripoli and Lubeck.

Non-Mongols:

- Outlast the Mongols and capture an 15 additional provinces from one or more human non-Mongol players.

OR

- Capture and hold at least 3 Mongol cities and take 27 additional provinces from one or more human non-Mongol players before the Mongols win the game.

Players should observe the following rules while playing the game:

Battles may be fought or auto-resolved at the players' discretion.

No reloading the save to create a different outcome.

Each player has 48 hours to complete his turn, post the save game to this thread and alert the next player in line by private message. If the deadline is missed the Admin may skip his faction or he can be subbed by an ally. Extensions will be granted on reasonable request.

Do not recruit General's Bodyguard units. These may only be created by adoption, marriage, natural birth or man of the hour.

Do not attack ships in ports.

Armies boarding ships in ports can't stay there for more than one turn.

Don't leave blockaded ports without beating the blockading ships first.

Do not exploit the naval movement bug (to avoid this always select your navy by clicking on the ship on the campaign map and not by selecting the unit cards.)

Don't stack merchants in armies or forts to get more than one to stand on the same resource (Merchant Fort)

No surrounding armies or agents to destroy them, either by occupying the tiles around the army or agent or by deliberately blocking all exit routes from the province in question. An escape route must always be left for a retreating army, except where that army has arrived by boat and has no contiguous friendly territory to escape into. (Surround & Destroy)

Don't use repeated offers for bribe to increase your faction leader's dread.

Enable "Unlimited men on battlefield" in order to not abuse when leading battles vs the AI.

Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list, and thus lose all their movement points

Armies that are defeated in battle may not be attacked on the following turn, as they are banned from moving, either by the game mechanics or by the rule above. They must be allowed to move first, or must be reinforced. If the defeated army retreats to a settlement or fort, this rule does not apply.

In order to assist with the observance of these rules, please post the list of defeated armies in the game thread when uploading the save for the next player.

Ballistas can't open anything, catapults can open wooden walls, trebuchets or better can open anything.

Assassins are allowed to target anyone except family members but players are limited to one assassination or sabotage attempt per turn. It must be the first action they do, before they spend money or do anything else. If a successful assassination or sabotage is questioned by a player the game admin will load the relevant save and attempt the assassination. If the results are different there will be penalties for cheating.

Spies may infiltrate cities to open the gates as well as perform other spying actions but players are limited to one attempt per turn. It must be the first action they do, before they spend money or do anything else, OR the second action if they are also attempting an assassination / sabotage in the same turn. If a successful spying attempt is questioned by a player the game admin will load the relevant save and attempt the action. If the results are different there will be penalties for cheating.

No crusades or jihads to be called or joined.

No buildings to be destroyed for cash under any circumstances.

No trading of provinces solely to receive free troops. If you trade provinces, make sure they have no garrison prior to the exchange.

No deliberate deals that would put you in debt above -10,000 florins

No making vassals of AI-controlled factions.

If there are any questions about the rules please ask the admin before playing the turn. In addition to the rules players are requested to abide by the spirit of the game and avoid exploiting the game mechanics on the campaign map to gain an unfair advantage. If a particular action is not specifically banned but is suspected to be an exploit please raise the issue in the thread before proceeding to play the turn. An extension will always be granted in this circumstance.

Please note that there are considered to be no exploits on the battle map. Any and all actions on the battle map are permissible.

Grace period:

The first Mongol turn will be skipped in order to give the non-Mongol factions the chance to organise their troops, cancel AI recruitment and construction and prepare for the battle ahead.

During the grace period, which will last one turn:

- Do not recruit troops, agents or hire mercenaries.
    - Do not take any aggressive actions towards any faction, AI or human, including agent actions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 07-22-2012 at 02:55.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Hotseat - Wrath of the Khan 2

Turks are up and the game is afoot!

Please observe the grace period as detailed in the first post and ensure you have replaced the correct files in your installation..

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Question Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Hotseat - Wrath of the Khan 2

How will using the revised campaign_script and descr_strat effect our installs of SS6.4? We're all (probably) in multiple campaigns using various settings and I don't want to effect those other games. Should i make a second install of 6.4? Should I just park the file in the place listed (as a copy) and change file names whenever I switch games? I thought those two files were cached at game start and maintained in the saves. Is this thought wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon1 View Post
    How will using the revised campaign_script and descr_strat effect our installs of SS6.4? We're all (probably) in multiple campaigns using various settings and I don't want to effect those other games. Should i make a second install of 6.4? Should I just park the file in the place listed (as a copy) and change file names whenever I switch games? I thought those two files were cached at game start and maintained in the saves. Is this thought wrong?
    you need not install a separate copy loosecannon, just replace the two files with the one provided by Phonics whenever you are about to play Wrath of the Khan, once you have played your turn, you can use the original files again for the other hotseats. Make sure you have a back up of the two files before you replace it with the modified ones provided by phonics. I think you are also playing CoG. please note that that CoG uses Gracul AI, while this one uses Savage AI, you must switch between that too according to the hotseat you play

P.S. Myth, I made my sig myself :p
    Last edited by ArcturUs; 07-04-2011 at 18:17.

lol, so that makes it sound easier to just make a 2nd fresh install? :)

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Just replace the files when you play SP or other hotseats. I use rar files, one labeled "regular files" the other one for whatever mod I use, such as the FN game, or the HOTN EB game. Also, Phonics I'll make an image for this game but it may take a week for me to have enough time. If I finish the design on a landing page until Wednesday I'll make it this week even.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by slysnake View Post
    lol, so that makes it sound easier to just make a 2nd fresh install? :)
    You will have some file name changing to do either way. Of course, then you could edit the cfg file, the launcher (or create a new batch file) and the shorcut with a new mod name. I have copies of 6.4 and 6.3 already so I would upgrade the 6.3 (after changing 6.4 mod name to avoid problems) to 6.4, edit the new 6.4 and restore my original 6.4. Time consuming, yes?

The reason I asked is because when i joined a KGCM game using full garrison campaign_script, Dave Scarface told me making a second install was not needed by players only the person (administrator) who sets up the game needed full garrison script.

And do you prefer "administrator" or "game master" over here?

Since I'm in 6 different HS's using SS I made a desktop shortcut for the launcher. I've found its better to use launcher up to "start and exit" button, then install the new save, then click "start and exit" to play. Putting the files in save_late or save_early sometimes would not work.

I think you may be right but I didn't want to take any chances with things going wrong. The script and the Mongols being a playable faction are of course key to this game.

If you don't mind waiting I can ask at the SS forum.

only the person starting the hotseat needs the campaign script, and when they start the hotseat, they can simply replace the campaign script with the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougeman View Post
    only the person starting the hotseat needs the campaign script, and when they start the hotseat, they can simply replace the campaign script with the original.
    ok, so you guys don't need to use the campaign script - I have corrected this in the first post.

But could you please use the descr_strat file? The only changes are that mongols, timurids and teutonic are playable, so it won't mess up your other hotseats or SP campaigns.

And do you prefer "administrator" or "game master" over here?
    I really don't mind! It means the same either way. By the way if there are any admin actions required which will create a conflict of interest I will ask Zim to assist so that I don't gain an unfair advantage.
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 07-05-2011 at 02:49.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Yes, any unfair advantage should go to the factions fighting the Mongols.

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    ok, so you guys don't need to use the campaign script - I have corrected this in the first post.

But could you please use the descr_strat file? The only changes are that mongols, timurids and teutonic are playable, so it won't mess up your other hotseats or SP campaigns.

I really don't mind! It means the same either way. By the way if there are any admin actions required which will create a conflict of interest I will ask Zim to assist so that I don't gain an unfair advantage.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Well, a fascinating first turn

France is up
    Attached Files Attached Files

The supreme, the merciless, the destroyer of opposition, the exalted King, the shepherd, the protector of the quarters of the world, the King the word of whose mouth destroys mountains and seas, who by his lordly attack has forced mighty and merciless Kings from the rising of the sun to the setting of the same to acknowledge one supremacy.
    -Ashurnasirpal II

Org Games
    Kings of the Nile - Chancellor Meleagros Ptolemaios, Nomarch of Upper Egypt
    Clash of Gods - Kingdom of Castilla y Leon
    Wrath of the Khan II - Kingdom of France

Quote Originally Posted by Ashurnasirpal II View Post
    I'm at war with almost every nation and I have about 5 enemy stacks approaching my remaining settlements - what do people recommend I do?

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Surrender.

Lightbulb Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Hotseat - Wrath of the Khan 2

Yeah, your never gona guess how well Denmark is doing right now - they have so far managed to capture several regions in mainland Europe and have about 2 stacks sitting outside a couple of my cities.. I take it we can come to some kind of deal where I get 1 or 2 of my origional regions back? I am in massive debt and the 30,000 will not be sufficient for me to rebuild my economy.

Oh, and it's England's turn now :) WotK2-1-England.sav

Quote Originally Posted by slysnake View Post
    I'm at war with almost every nation and I have about 5 enemy stacks approaching my remaining settlements - what do people recommend I do?
    Why do you think I said the 1st turn was interesting I'm in the same situation and couldn't even hire a diplomat (had none to start with). Ask for peace with your main attackers. And pray they respond (without their swords!)

Is Egypt one of the ones you're at war with? I'm willing to talk peace. The Mongols will be swimming in our blood soon enough anyway, so no need to spill it early. Maybe trade those southern Anatolian provinces of mine to you for a couple of Arabian ones?

Why do you think I said the 1st turn was interesting I'm in the same situation and couldn't even hire a diplomat (had none to start with). Ask for peace with your main attackers. And pray they respond (without their swords!)

Sounds like you guys need a diplomacy thread so you can work all this stuff out IC...

Madness

Sounds like you guys need a diplomacy thread so you can work all this stuff out IC...

England is in a good position, apart from the fact it has 5 3/4 full stacks sitting outside york, and full stacks in the other towns, good ridence i say

its Attachment 1478 Turn

Yeah, I'v always wondered why that happens - probably the reason the Holy Roman Empire got wrecked soo badly was because of the fact that there was one whole stack sitting inside Bologna and 2 stacks sitting outside doing nothing XD

u know whats about this rule of not attacking armies that are parked next to cities. that rule makes attacking certain armies totally impossible. if the computer is parking an army next to a city then thats about it. now this army is immune to any attack other than attacking the city straight with siege weapon. and if its parking it next to a fortress i need a big catapult for attacking that city. so basically an army is immune if parked next to a big settlement. thats stupid. i need some clarification on that before im doing my turn. also maybe im still too tired but im not getting the point of not recruiting any general units. i mean every faction is capable of recruiting them so its an equal situation there. so if everyone can do it why not
    Most Dope Fresh Artist Out There

DraMatiQue

www.datpiff.com/DraMatiQue-Kill-The-Game-Mixtape.429536.html

Free Mixtape Download

Cool Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Hotseat - Wrath of the Khan 2

Grace period:

The first Mongol turn will be skipped in order to give the non-Mongol factions the chance to organise their troops, cancel AI recruitment and construction and prepare for the battle ahead.

During the grace period, which will last one turn:

- Do not recruit troops, agents or hire mercenaries.
    - Do not take any aggressive actions towards any faction, AI or human, including agent actions.
    It doesn't matter for the first turn it seems.

And now that I'm posting that, I realize I've recruited a diplomat in Paris because I had none... x_X
    Last edited by Ashurnasirpal II; 07-08-2011 at 19:56. Reason: tea and biscuits
    The supreme, the merciless, the destroyer of opposition, the exalted King, the shepherd, the protector of the quarters of the world, the King the word of whose mouth destroys mountains and seas, who by his lordly attack has forced mighty and merciless Kings from the rising of the sun to the setting of the same to acknowledge one supremacy.
    -Ashurnasirpal II

Org Games
    Kings of the Nile - Chancellor Meleagros Ptolemaios, Nomarch of Upper Egypt
    Clash of Gods - Kingdom of Castilla y Leon
    Wrath of the Khan II - Kingdom of France

Quote Originally Posted by Ashurnasirpal II View Post
    It doesn't matter for the first turn it seems.

And now that I'm posting that, I realize I've recruited a diplomat in Paris because I had none... x_X
    Yeah, you're not attacking anything on the first turn anyway so go ahead and play and we can talk it over in the meantime. I'll overlook the diplomat.

It's going to be pretty rare that the AI parks an army next to a city so I'm happy to drop the rule if others feel the same way as Silver.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

I'm fine without it.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

I also agree on removing that rule of not attacking armies next to a settlement.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

My silence is consent.

No problem here either way. Aside from when an army flees to a tile next to a settlement, it seems easy to avoid.

alright good thing. im having this up when im back later today
    Most Dope Fresh Artist Out There

DraMatiQue

www.datpiff.com/DraMatiQue-Kill-The-Game-Mixtape.429536.html

Free Mixtape Download

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast