Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The kind of broken game that CA sell me for $50, Cav charge bug

Default Re: The kind of broken game that CA sell me for $50, Cav charge bug

Actually ^^; the "defender" part is just one of the theory arose during the discussion and test so far is inconclusive.
    The main part i'm concerning with is Player A/B consistent advantage over the other player. In avatar mode, in my exp, that consistency is more clear. I played 1v1 with the same player a lot and knew what retainer he used.

True, both side will be subject to the bug. However, once a player found that he/she has consistent advantage, he/she can take light cav for example and simply wear down GG or other superior cav. Even if my observation for player A/B consistency is invalid and it being random, dealing with such bug is indeed frustrating as player can't rely on expensive units. Since the total amount spent is fix, it ruin the strategy part of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    Hoping for a fix in the next upgrade
    Every time a new patch comes out, that's one of the first thing we tested :P (along with the game list filter bug)

Edit: The link you gave me is in May, and so far I haven't seen any official statement from CA design team concerning it...am I missing it?
    Last edited by versionlangley; 07-30-2011 at 18:22.

has this bug really been around since ETW? if so then to me that says the bug is really hard to fix and might not ever be fixed.

An update courtesy of CraigTW :thumbsup2

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    Regarding the cavalry charge bug - I believe this is fixed. Will try to get confirmation for you.

Edit: Confirmed from the patch notes, if this is the issue you're referring to - "Fixed a cavalry charge bug that would allow cavalry to maintain a charge bonus despite not charging".
    Nice that the cav charge is being look at, although i'm not sure if that patch note address the bug in concern. The concerning bug is 2 cav units doing proper charge but only one cause damage disregard of unit stats; or one unit not doing proper charge cause damage while the proper charged cav doesn't. So i'm not sure what it means with "maintain" a charge.

Cav charge bug seem to have been fixed
    Here's the replay, classic mode. Thanks to [TWR]Hohn for testing with me
    http://www.4shared.com/file/XNOMhs5v/cav_bug_tests.html

Overall result:
    Yari cav charge vs yari cav charge--- seem to kill same amount of men with 1 or 2 men discrepancy
    Yari cav charge vs yari cav stationary---stationary yari get kill with minimal to no lost to the charged cav
    GG versus light----light get killed very minimal lost to GG
    Yari versus light---light get killed with few lost to yari

There's a mishap test but i think is good result:
    Yari charge vs GG stationary---Stationary GG suffer good casualties while yari cav suffer minimal.

Overall, i'm happy

If other players can test to confirm that it is fixed, then salut to CA

Yes seems to be fixed and it took long enough... I mentioned it since day one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12