Thread: Strongest tree!

Default Strongest tree!

Hi,
    Since these forums seem dead now :p was wondering which tree seems the strongest now? since the patches changed and fixed some bugs.
    I'm still waiting on next patch until I attempt to play again ! :p but leadership looks kinda strong now?
    I rather play with bow gen more fun and hArassment:p but game needs to last a bit to make it worth while! And pay off!

So wot r ur views now and the tree routes u take?

But I know melee gen very strong too!
    Last edited by FasT; 07-13-2011 at 19:05.

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

Default Re: Strongest tree!

eh, no tree by itself seems to be the one to get. you still need some sort of mix between trees.

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Quote Originally Posted by AggonyKing View Post
    eh, no tree by itself seems to be the one to get. you still need some sort of mix between trees.
    Yes I kinda know that:p
    But parts of the Leadership tree do look really strong now!
    So just wondering wot ppl feel r the strongest trees;)

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Good thread.

I will add my name to the list of people who would like to know the answer.

probably the tree that 80% of 10 stars are taking...

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

I can actually play 1v1s from Kabul, and my poor bow gen does nothing but get headhunted by cavalry and beefed up generals. It's actually kind of comical how hard they come at me. If I could do it all over, I would pick the leadership trees, as it suits my armies and play style better
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Guess what, Majod robert dump, its your lucky day. You can do it all over again! By spending 3 clan tokens you get to pick all the skills again!!

General build step by step:

1. Take all other leadership tree skills but put only 1 in fatigue aura (neccesary to get enough points for the +2 morale)
    2. Then put 3 in melee defense, 2 in melee attack and 1 in armour.
    3. Go to www.clangerudo.net and apply to become a member for more awesome tips and tactics.
    4. Profit.

No 3 is all wrong it is all ways "?"
    Anyway best gen is the one that suites your play stile.

I like the leadership tree my self with a bit of melee in the left over points as Gerudo Harba said.
    Last edited by Tsavong; 07-19-2011 at 01:47.

Oops double post.
    Last edited by Tsavong; 07-19-2011 at 01:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Cu'Roi View Post
    probably the tree that 80% of 10 stars are taking...
    Yup thats kinda helpful :P

well if you didn't think my post was useful harba spelled it out. :) DLC and patches could change the situation but for now the best tree for most situations is pretty clear.

although i would max out fatigue aura too and just put the left over points in defense.
    Last edited by Cu'Roi; 07-22-2011 at 12:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Cu'Roi View Post
    well if you didn't think my post was useful harba spelled it out. :) DLC and patches could change the situation but for now the best tree for most situations is pretty clear.

although i would max out fatigue aura too and just put the left over points in defense.
    fatigue aura worth 3 points in it then? dont want my units to tire as fast in melee does this make a great difference and worth spending 3 points or just 1?

Has anyone ever even tried if the fatigue of a unit actually affects its melee fighting capabilities?

I did one long ago. Ran 4 katana samurai to different levels of tiredness and then matched them against fresh katana samurais. There was no actual evidence of the exhausted unit being worse in melee, nor was there signs of morale drop. Actually in some test runs the exhausted unit did the best job.

Someone should do this and make a nice youtube video about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ][GERUDO][ Harba View Post
    Has anyone ever even tried if the fatigue of a unit actually affects its melee fighting capabilities?

I did one long ago. Ran 4 katana samurai to different levels of tiredness and then matched them against fresh katana samurais. There was no actual evidence of the exhausted unit being worse in melee, nor was there signs of morale drop. Actually in some test runs the exhausted unit did the best job.

Someone should do this and make a nice youtube video about it.
    hmmm well tiredness effects the moral hit! When really it should make them fight less effective in battle imo...

So im guessing 1 point 1 b enough! But really wanna know if 3 points would b worth it :)

Imo, taking 1 point wouldn't be worth it. If you do decide to take it, take 3 points as it worth it. With the standard, your inf units get tired status if they fight/run continuously for 2 mins. 3 points allow them to take less fatigue and recover fast enough that they last alot longer

The problem though, is if you do invest 3 points in fatigue, investing in aura radius to make full use of the fatigue resist
    Last edited by versionlangley; 07-31-2011 at 13:00.

if you're a rusher the 3 points in fatigue is 100% worth it. and it's global fatigue reduction, the notation is in error (at least it was in version 1.0 of the game that may have changed now).

as far as combat, you definitely don't want to go into a fight being fatigued. related, 2nd wind is way underrated. whenever we rush we take great guard and when we start on player 2 we pop the 2nd winds.