Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Preview: Taksashila (Mauryan Satrapy)

Default Re: Preview: Taksashila (Mauryan Satrapy)

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    That is the forcing that the EB team must do, and thus why they are not separated as Greece and Macedonia were separated. Susima couldn't declare his independence (That would a priori recognize that he couldn't exercise his sovereignty over the rest of the empire). Before that Vice-Royalty could even think of turning to foreign affairs, he would forcibly have to settle the dispute with Ashoka. He simply couldn't ignore the rest of India under the control of his younger brother and focus his ambitions elsewhere. As a Vice-Royalty of the Mauryan Empire, and its governor as a successor to the Mauryan throne, Taxila is inorexably connected to the fate of the Mauryan Empire.
    This is where EB must make some bending of those facts, so that Susima actually had enough trust by Ashoka or that Ashoka was afraid of him enough that he could remain as Vice-Roy, or some viable other solution.
    What makes you think Ashoka will leave him be? Susima will have to make some very tough decisions very early on in the game.

What is going to be done about voice acting for these units?

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    What makes you think Ashoka will leave him be? Susima will have to make some very tough decisions very early on in the game.
    Nothing does. Nevertheless the fact that there is little information about the succession struggle, and most of it is in myths and novel stories means you can bend facts to suit the game.

As the story goes, it wasn't really that Ashoka sent an army to put down Susima, but that Susima went with an army to put down Ashoka (As would be logical). A lot of the problems that the Indian faction gets is pure conjecture. If Susima beat his head on a rock and suddenly decided to turn Taxila into an independent kingdom, we have no idea how stiff the opposition to Ashoka's ascension would be (Since the civil war was between Susima and Ashoka) without Susima as the most legitimate candidate. Most probably without that catalyst, the rebellion would be minimal (the legitimate heir withdrew from the race, even if temporarily), which means no prolonged fighting or high casualties by Mauryan armies, which in turn means huge invading armies on short notice for Susima.

This conjecture of course affects how soon Indian mega-deathstacks should start appearing and how many of them there are. This is particularly problematic considering in EB, Susima is attempting to become independent and outside of the Mauryan suzerainity, which would compound on the speed factor for Ashoka to put a major army to subdue the rebels as shortly as possible. That is what I meant by saying "Ashoka sympathizing with big bro, or Susima inspiring fear on Ashoka to prevent Ashoka from removing Susima on short notice or other viable solutions" to decide that Taxila lasts 2 years without 10 Indian deathstacks each with 5 Elephant units each spawning on Indian provinces.
    Last edited by Jolt; 07-19-2011 at 20:40.
    BLARGH!

Though now there is the question: Will the Indians get their own voice-pack?
    thats such an anti climax :\ i can imagine a badass sweaboz voicepack i can imagine a roman badass voicepack but somehow hearing "preare to die" with the indian acent seems ... counter productive :\ it´s like right before batle you see the enemies mom´s telling them not to get their nice new uniforms dirty ...

Quote Originally Posted by moonburn View Post
    thats such an anti climax :\ i can imagine a badass sweaboz voicepack i can imagine a roman badass voicepack but somehow hearing "preare to die" with the indian acent seems ... counter productive :\ it´s like right before batle you see the enemies mom´s telling them not to get their nice new uniforms dirty ...
    Umm, it wouldn't going to be an episode of Goodness, Gracious Me. What do you think a voicepack is?

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Umm, it wouldn't going to be an episode of Goodness, Gracious Me. What do you think a voicepack is? Foot
    Is there a Life of Brian voice pack for the romans......"Cwentueriun......"

As long as they aren't speaking english, that's ok with me

placeholder persian or greek is even good enough

Quote Originally Posted by fomalhaut View Post
    As long as they aren't speaking english, that's ok with me

placeholder persian or greek is even good enough
    I think the amount of different languages allowed for voicemods is limited by culture slots, so if that is the case I imagine the team would use the Pahlavi voicemod as the most fitting.

MARMOREAM•RELINQUO•QUAM•LATERICIAM•ACCEPI

Couldn't you use the different sound effects for the voice types: Light_1, Medium_1, Heavy_1, etc?

IIRC that is how they implemented the Qceltic voicepack for the Lusotana/Iberian units, and how they implemented the different accents/voices for the Hellenistic units

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarAugustus View Post
    I think the amount of different languages allowed for voicemods is limited by culture slots, so if that is the case I imagine the team would use the Pahlavi voicemod as the most fitting.
    Nope thats not true. Voice accents are entirely moddable and entirely separate to culture.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    ... an episode of Goodness, Gracious Me...
    Um, now thats in my head. 'If you can smell something ripe, its birdy num num!"

Quick question, what will the BGs be? I assume chariots but I would love elephant BGs too.
    From Hax, Nachtmeister & Subotan

Jatte lambasts Calico Rat

Chariots.

Elephant chariots?

Yeah, so the archers in the chariots can shoot the posterior of the elephants! :)

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

That would start up a funny serie of events XD

Good to see EB is still alive
    From the markets of Lilibeo to the Sacred Band in the halls of Astarte, from those halls to the Senate of Safot Softin BiKarthadast as Lilibeo representative

Quote Originally Posted by Leão magno View Post
    Good to see EB is still alive
    I guess you didn't visited us for a long time. We have frequent previews, twits, we are very active in the forums responding back to our fans, we are working very hard for the mod... So yes, we are VERY alive and kicking. I encourage you to visit us more often before you post! Jesus!

EDIT: You're previous posts:

Regarding The Generals Preview
    Everything beautifull! Gourgeous Carthaginian General! But quite tired of staring I want to Play!
    Regarding The Sweboz preview
    Perhaps the most complete preview of one people ever made in EBII... but it makes me wonder, will we ever see it in our houses?
    So... please be patient, i can assure you we are working very hard, many times ignoring our real life, real friends and real jobs.
    Last edited by MaxMazi; 07-23-2011 at 22:46.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMazi View Post

So... please be patient, i can assure you we are working very hard, many times ignoring our real life, real friends and real jobs.
    That's a bit too much but we praise you for spending your time doing this wonderfull artwork that is EB!

One thing is for sure: the day people will write down the seven cybernetic wonders of the world, EBII will be number one ^^

Chariot BGs ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    One thing is for sure: the day people will write down the seven cybernetic wonders of the world, EBII will be number one ^^
    Wait you're saying Bobbin, Foot, et al are Cyborgs?
    From Hax, Nachtmeister & Subotan

Jatte lambasts Calico Rat

ahahahahah yes, the team's work goes beyond human levels :D

Wait you're saying Bobbin, Foot, et al are Cyborgs?
    Oh dear. They found out.

It's standard procedure in fact. When I became a beta-tester I was abducted in the middle of the night and got cybernetic implants in a secret factory somewhere in Poland.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Hmmm we don't have any secret factory in Poland. We had only secret CIA prison

from Brave Brave Sir Robin
    from Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    When you will play EBII, my dear friend, you would look all other games from the height of Alexandreias Pharos and the light will eb (I meen... be) so strong that will make fans go blind.
    OK, maybe to many hours with Taksahshila faction will lead fans to such a result...
    But I still inseast that some other factions will also be EB wonders......

NIKOMAHOS

Love the responsibility. Say: Me, me on my own I have the duty to save Earth. In case she is not safe I will be responsible. Nikos Kazantzakis-Salvatores Dei.

Quote Originally Posted by nazgool View Post
    Hmmm we don't have any secret factory in Poland. We had only secret CIA prison
    Well, if you knew about it, it wouldn't be secret, would it?

I can only think of poor Baktria when they get another enemy nearby, and this time there's no india to withdraw to.

It's too bad that by the time EB2 is released, I won't be playing any games whatsoever anymore. Even now my interests in them have declined spectacularly, as well as the time that I can reasonably free up for them. I guess I reached both age and situation to leave these things, and there's very little to be done against it. But suffice it to say that previews like this show exactly why EB1.2 has been one of the very few games that kept my attention and interests for so long a timespan.

Even when I will probably hardly (or not) play it at all, the team should rest assured that their efforts are definitly not in vain. Over the years, I've come to enjoy EB both as a relaxed and slow game, as well as a masterpiece of historical knowledge that comes with by far the most baffling athmosphere I've ever encountered. As such, I've already advised EB1.2 to my youngest brother, who is currently overwhelmed by the deepness and vastness of the mere mechanics of the game. I sincerely hope that he'll soon be touched by the historical and athmospheric aspects of it as well, and develops and further deepens his interests in these things just the way I did. With a bit of luck, that microbe sticks with him for the coming five to eight years, at which point he'll most likely leaves gaming as well.

Whatever happens to that, I'm truly glad EB brings together so many artists from different fields, and enables others to experience the vastness of what they have to offer. Be it historical information or impressions and other artistic achievements. I'll obviously continue to read your previews. Not as previews, but as examples of how information of various kind can be brought together into more and more complete pictures. These previews somehow capture the reason why I decided to study history all these years ago. They're wat brought me back to reading history-books on my own. (I dropped that during and after history-classes as I perceived them at times to be too boring.) That interest in historical magic, into the overwhelming impression I have when encountering a completely different and often strange culture, is something I'd never wish to loose. Not even when gaming will be a faraway past.

Kind regards and much strenght wished in your bold achievement,

Andy
    from plutoboyz

EB II is close to completion .. this must mean that the prophecy is coming true :P

amazing does not come close to defining this masterpiece of work , props to you all

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat View Post
    EB II is close to completion .. this must mean that the prophecy is coming true :P

amazing does not come close to defining this masterpiece of work , props to you all
    after EBII is out, Jesus will come

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Three things I particularly like:
    (1) the faction colors and symbol
    (2) the uniquely shaped shields
    (3) cool standard bearers

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast