Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Six down- four to go to!!: 4 faction slots left

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: Six down- four to go to!!: 4 faction slots left

Quote Originally Posted by Cybvep View Post
    I'm not sure about Great Britain - an another faction there would be nice, but only if the region wasn't so isolated in every game. How is the naval AI in MTW2? Does it make naval invasions? A land bridge between continental Europe and England would be lame...
    It is much improved really, I've only played one real campaign in Kingdoms but it was noticeably better and much more often occurring. Factions actually went looking for weak/rebel coastal provinces to invade.

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    It is much improved really, I've only played one real campaign in Kingdoms but it was noticeably better and much more often occurring. Factions actually went looking for weak/rebel coastal provinces to invade.
    it's much better indeed
    one of my best Total War moments: me being busy at war with the empire as france, and suddenly a huge stack of irish troops lands in brittany and attacks my cities, without me even provoking the irish
    so yes, the ai sometimes does smart invasions
    Gott mit dir, dem Bayernvolke,
    Daß wir unsrer Väter wert,
    fest in Eintracht und in Friede
    bauen unseres Glückes Herd;
    Daß der Freund da Hilfe finde,
    Wehrhaft uns der Gegner schau,
    Wo die Rauten-Banner wehen,
    Unsre Farben – Weiß und Blau!

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fightermedic View Post
    it's much better indeed
    one of my best Total War moments: me being busy at war with the empire as france, and suddenly a huge stack of irish troops lands in brittany and attacks my cities, without me even provoking the irish
    so yes, the ai sometimes does smart invasions
    In the 16th century, during the reign of Henry VIII, the English had the same idea. However the town they landed in had a good store of wine, so having gotten drunk the English troops just went home.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

So theoretically this could be the final faction list.

The mods are on record saying they woin't use all ten "new" slots on first release, maybe they will have three spare for further releases (space bats mod?).

Looking very balanced, the only one I really see coming on is Caucasian Iberia.
    From Hax, Nachtmeister & Subotan

Jatte lambasts Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    So theoretically this could be the final faction list.

The mods are on record saying they woin't use all ten "new" slots on first release, maybe they will have three spare for further releases (space bats mod?).
    Correct.

So it won't be a problem to reveal the final map now?
    Last edited by Ailfertes; 01-06-2013 at 09:26.

So all factions for the first release are revealed. Will there be previews of the other factions before the release of the game, or will they be revealed just before they get integrated? And will there be more previews of the already known ones?

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

There could definitely be a preview of the Bosporan Kingdom. They were revealed probably two years back but we haven't heard much about them since.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Wow, I was just wondering which faction I'd most like to see a preview for, and I think the Bosporan Kingdom is definitely one. I guess their units may just be standard Greek fair, but I'm hoping for some unique flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Brave Sir Robin View Post
    There could definitely be a preview of the Bosporan Kingdom. They were revealed probably two years back but we haven't heard much about them since.
    Well that´s true and would be quiet interesting. Since Rome and Carthage, as well as some other factions had a preview, I wonder if there will be some for Mekedonia, Aedui, Ptolemaioi, etc.
    Another thing. I recall that the Koinon Hellenon from EBI will be reworked to some extend, would also make an interesting preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemaios View Post
    I recall that the Koinon Hellenon from EBI will be reworked to some extend, would also make an interesting preview.
    Excellent point. I am extremely curious to know what they have in mind for the KH. They've stated a couple times now that expansion will bring up unique challenges for them, since the faction is essentially just an alliance and not a proper state. I think we could seriously use some more information on that prior to release.

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post
    I think we could seriously use some more information on that prior to release.
    It will include Syracuse.

......Sorry that was a very cruel joke

SYRACUSE.......yay!!!!... not its own faction per sec! but still!!!

...........ohh it was a joke!!!
    Last edited by Khazar_Dahvos; 01-10-2013 at 03:04.

Maybe you start as minor Greek Koinon, like the Achean or the Aetolian League. And you have to conquer several hellenic citys, including Syracuse, to convert your faction into a super Koinon.That´s just wild guessing, and will be probably completely wrong. But since it is just a joke anyways... We will see

That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar

Ya know, a third preview for the Getai wouldn't go amiss.
    + =

3x for this, this, and this

Well with that signature....

(>^_^;)> move it! Member Hotseat_User's Avatar

with this twitterpost of Kull i remembered this good old thread. so quicksearch an rebump...

Settlements now finalized for the alpha release with inclusion of variants for Taksahila, Ptolemaioi, and one other faction - Kull
    what do you people think is the non named faction? my guess is Atropathene (sp?)
    orationes tuas ego laudare soleo, imitari neque possim, si velim, nec velim fortasse, si possim. [M. T. C.]

That would be nice, and we really could use another not so hellenised eastern faction though I gess Belgians will be in EB2 at some point.
    I wasn't expecting more factions to be on first release but that and Tux/Alin answering that on the first release would be "around 28 factions" somewhere in the twc is a "bit" suspicious.

PS: Bobbin about Atropatene on twc (2011)
    They are a perfectly viable faction for EBII and most definitely were "kicking" in 272bc.
    Well I'll say this at least, we haven't picked all of our factions and there is certainly a chance that Atropatene could be chosen....but we are not going to pick the final faction(s) until after EBII's 1st release. So you are welcome to post any useful research here but you won't know if they get picked for quite a long time.
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; 12-08-2013 at 14:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotseat_User View Post
    with this twitterpost of Kull i remembered this good old thread. so quicksearch an rebump...

what do you people think is the non named faction? my guess is Atropathene (sp?)
    It's an announced faction.

I know I'm responding to something old but what's great is that you can mod the ai to be even better in more direct ways compared to Rome 1.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Quote Originally Posted by Brennus View Post
    It will include Syracuse.

......Sorry that was a very cruel joke
    you standing alone against the syracusan phallanx with their brutiai pezoi and their marmetine allies flanking you and the greek nobles with their big sticks charging your rear would be a cruel joke

i still think syracuse would make for the most challanging gaming experience in the game they would have to either side with the romans and loose southern italy to try and get all of sikilia sardaine and alalia (getting the reward of having massilia and emporiom and arse joining them in their koinon ) or side with the kart hadast and try to take over where phyrrus had failed all of megas hellas including capua (like you took control of sikilia the massilians would join you if you took control of sardinia emporium would join you and once you took corsica arse would join you)

ok will shut up now i already rambled enough about the advantages of the syracousiai

Member thankful for this post:

It's an announced faction.
    While I´m usually allways craving for new factions, I´m more than satisfied with what is already anounced for EB2, as someone else said in the TWC it already feels perfect, the map already seems very well balanced with interesting factions everywhere, the 2 last slots are just bonus to be used in latter releases or submods. :)

Anyway, I´ve been playing Eb1 since 0,8x and there are still campains I want to do in it, recently started my first serious gallic campain ever with the Aedui and it´s been lots of awesomeness!

Member thankful for this post:

Moros 

Factions Map of EB II:

Without faction names:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by CanOmer; 12-20-2013 at 00:34.

Members thankful for this post (5):

First to all I want to thank the EB team for this great great job.
    I am a fan and player since the beginning and haven't been even active for years but the news of the coming release made me very happy and eager to come back to the forums (specially since the disappointment MT:Rome2 has been).
    The question is about the map, is this map final? With the desert/inacesible regions in northern europe, Scotland, south Ireland?
    Is a Belgae faction confirmed?
    Also keep the excellent job and be sure I would wait another year or more for EB 2 if it would take to have it.
    Last edited by Fabio Scevola; 12-20-2013 at 18:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio Scevola View Post
    The question is about the map, is this map final? With the desert/inacesible regions in northern europe, Scotland, south Ireland?
    It is based on this map which is now outdated I think: http://oi49.tinypic.com/34gx4s5.jpg
    Because I saw that they changed the map after into this:

Actually I am not sure which is new/old.
    Last edited by CanOmer; 12-20-2013 at 18:21.

the map is pretty much accurate the provinces are divided into subprovinces thanks to the permanent stone forts so just because you control a few permanent stone forts or capital regions doesn´t necessarly means you control the entire region so a few factions might seem a bit buffed up on this map (correct me if i´m wrong) i don´t think erebus is unacessable you can enter your armies there and kick the crap out of any rebels that might be thinking to pay you a visit it´s just uncontrollable no cities no permanent setlements no water no good to waste time there or trying to extract anything out of it (at least in the stepps you can harness livestock horses and slaves ... )

also the pritanoi are suposed to have no sea conection so looking at the map ...

but i´m talking out of my memory so 4 years after not everything is assured to be in pristine conditions in my own memory

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio Scevola View Post
    First to all I want to thank the EB team for this great great job.
    I am a fan and player since the beginning and haven't been even active for years but the news of the coming release made me very happy and eager to come back to the forums (specially since the disappointment MT:Rome2 has been).
    Is a Belgae faction confirmed?
    Also keep the excellent job and be sure I would wait another year or more for EB 2 if it would take to have it.
    The first map that CanOmer showed is final. The Eremos region includes northern Scotland and southern Ireland as we have insufficient archaeological data to support the idea that a socio-political structure, which would have been complex enough to be incorporated into an expanding empire, existed there.

The Belgae are not a confirmed faction (as much as I would like them to be). However this does not mean they have been ruled out as a future faction.

The first map that CanOmer showed is final. The Eremos region includes northern Scotland and southern Ireland as we have insufficient archaeological data to support the idea that a socio-political structure, which would have been complex enough to be incorporated into an expanding empire, existed there.
    The Boii have two provinces instead of one though.

Members thankful for this post (2):

neither did the steppes thats why most empires prefered to stay out of it (except for the russians in 19th century but then again by then even the french spanish english and italians where fighting over the sahara )
    i still defend the steppes as 1 single region with multiple stone forts to control sub regions of it

wasn't there going to be some sort of Eremos or Province swapping with Sardinia and corsica? At least I recall someone(of the EB team) suggesting they would be handles differently than before.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast