Thread: Installation help

Default Installation help

Hi there,
    I'm new so I don't know if I'm right here but I've got a question concerning "Europa Barbarorum":
    I installed EB1.1 and EB 1.2. just the way you suggested it on your FAQ but when I want to start EB I start the actual Rome Total
    War game ("vanilla" If I'm right (?)). I looked in the folder where I have installed EB and there I found the actual "Rome Total War exe", which should be replaced somehow (I dunno?).
    Did I make a mistake at the installation of EB?

PS: Sry if you don't understand everything I wrote, I'm not a native speaker ^^
    Greetings from Germany, Zethos

Default Re: EB 1.2 released

The installation will create a shortcut on your desktop. Open that shortcut in order to play EB.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Welcome to EB!

Read the Eb-FAQ

You also should take a look into the frequent issues, your problem is described there.

My EB shortcut doesn't work!
    Sorry about that. A product of lacking experience with creating installers, I made a mistake when creating the shortcuts that start EB 1.2.

Use the Trivial Script to start EB instead of the start menu shortcut. You need to have installed this as part of EB 1.1.

Modify the shortcut target. Move the end quote from the end of the line to directly after RomeTW.exe and it should work (goes for both the new shortcuts in 1.2). For instance, instead of "C:\My games\RomeEB\RomeTW.exe -mod:eb -show_err -ne" it should be "C:\My games\RomeEB\RomeTW.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -ne.
    XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMazi
    The installation will create a shortcut on your desktop. Open that shortcut in order to play EB.
    Well, I just tried to open the Shortcut (the icon with the black arrow called "Verknüpfung" in German, I suggest^^) but I also ended up "playing" the original Rome: Total War.

@XSamatan
    To the "My EB shortcut doesn't work"-Quote: I don't understand the part with the "-mod:eb -show_err -ne."-thing, what's this about. I also have the feeling that there are some things missing in my folder cuz when I watch e.g. THIS video it shows e.g. an "EB Configuration" button that I can't find (watch from 3:00 on). Hope you can help me :-)
    Zethos

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Du kannst während der Installation wählen ob du optionale Komponenten installierst (darunter das sog. Trivial Script, dass die genannten Verknüpfungen erstellen würde), das ist also kein Fehler.

Öffne die Eigenschaften der EB-Verknüfung und bearbeite die Ziel-Zeile indem du das Anführungszeichen (") verschiebst, von "C:\My games\RomeEB\RomeTW.exe -mod:eb -show_err -ne" nach "C:\My games\RomeEB\RomeTW.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -ne

Dann läuft das ganze.
    Und lese die FAQ!!

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Hi,
    Mittlererweile hab ichs geschafft, habe EB nochmal deinstalliert und danach erneut installiert. Diesmal hab ich auch wirklich alles in EINEN Ordner installiert und nun läufts einwandfrei :-)
    Zethos