Thread: Campaign lag v1.2

Default Campaign lag v1.2

Hello all.

I have been waiting for EB for M2TW for some time now and yesterday i installed EB for RTW just to try it out and needless to say im lovin' it !

I have this one issue with it and just wanted to point it out in the hope it doesent come back in EBII and that it maybe gets fixed in EBI.
    I have been playing as Romani (havent tried other factions yet) and each time i send a character (eg. diplomat, spy or even an army) somwhere where he cant reach in the current turn but has to travel the path in the next one or a few more the campaign map gets very very lagy. I fix this by selecting some other unit and moving it within the current turn (green zone where he can reach during this turn) and the game stops being lagy and works great. Has anyone else noticed this and if so is there a permanent fix for it ?

System spec:
    MB: Asus Maximus Formula X38/ICH9R
    CPU: Intel C2D E6700
    RAM: 2x 2GB Kingston HyperX DDR2
    GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD4890 VaporX 1GB

Anyhow great work with the mod ! This is what the original game should have been like :)
    Last edited by cell; 07-18-2011 at 15:57.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Campaign lag v1.2

This problem is known and there is no other solution than moving a different unit one tile. Eb's map is too big for the RTW-engine.

As this issue does not appear in MTW2 I'm quite sure it won't appear in EB2 too.

XSamatan

BTW: Welcome to the forum!
    Don't forget to read the FAQ if you are new to the mod!

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions