Thread: sugestion for the eleutheroi

Default sugestion for the eleutheroi

could it be possible to implement over 50 gold mines in the eleutheroi desert region wich can not be conquered ? that would give the eleutheroi factions the hability to retrain and develop making them a better opponent

Default Re: sugestion for the eleutheroi

I think they get a substantial income bonus already.

Why not just a script that either retrains them or replaces units with full strength versions every few years? I've got no idea whether thats possible or particully hard to do though.

Well, in EBI some of them were quite resistant. In Eastern Europe I had a Rebel army constantly respawning with 2 silver chevrons each turn. That was actually quite annoying I have to say. It has been some time since I played my last M2TW campaign and I don´t remember if they retrain their armies. If its possible though would be very nice (In a more reasonable ammount of time).

Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar

A money bonus works better than gold mines. Possibly through the 'kings purse' feature. Although it would have to be an absoluetly huge amount and even then I doubt it will make a big difference. Eleutheroi is just far too disorganised to have a focus anywhere.

Maybe when there are only a few provinces left on the map they might kick in better.
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

The rebel faction uses a different AI profile from normal factions, this accounts for a lot of it's behaviour. In M2TW we can change this though.

Quote Originally Posted by moonburn View Post
    could it be possible to implement over 50 gold mines in the eleutheroi desert region wich can not be conquered ? that would give the eleutheroi factions the hability to retrain and develop making them a better opponent
    There are ten additional factions in EB2. Why do we need such strong eleutheroi again? E.g. the spawn full stacks east of the Sweboz to block unrealistic expansion in this area is now solved by the Boii and Lugiones. Also in other regions the map will be much more crowded. No need to block AI (and to lesser extent the player) expansion with unrealistic strong eleutheroi. The game should be focused more on fights between the 30 factions instead of killing endless rebells.
    Last edited by Pikenier; 08-05-2011 at 08:45.

Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pikenier View Post
    There are ten additional factions in EB2. Why do we need such strong eleutheroi again? E.g. the spawn full stacks east of the Sweboz to block unrealistic expansion in this area is now solved by the Boii and Lugiones. Also in other regions the map will be much more crowded. No need to block AI (and to lesser extent the player) expansion with unrealistic strong eleutheroi. The game should be focused more on fights between the 30 factions instead of killing endless rebells.
    Which of course is what the focus is. But there are simply not enough slots to portray all the factions on the map historically. So strong eleuthoroi in some areas are like a psuedo faction. If it helps you understand it better pretend there is a fight between 100 factions on map, but that 70 of them decide to all wear grey =)
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pikenier View Post
    Umm. I really don't think there are too much Eleutheroi. Simply because even with the new M2TW faction limit, there aren't enough free slots for every faction. Of course, the most desireable would be to make every single province belong to a faction of its own, but we are still very far from that (and lack the faction slots).